For those who buy Skyrim, do they have to buy DawnGuard seperate

#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

I'm curious, I want to get the game and am wondering if I have to buy DawnGuard separately or not. Is there some way to get it with the game without having to make a separate purchase?

#2 Posted by LoopyChew (7 posts) -

Nope. At the moment it is only available separately. Maybe if you wait another few months there'll be a GOTY edition.

#3 Edited by skyline7284 (502 posts) -

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I'm curious, I want to get the game and am wondering if I have to buy DawnGuard separately or not. Is there some way to get it with the game without having to make a separate purchase?

Nope it's DLC, so you have to purchase it separately for the time being.

#4 Posted by Athadam (672 posts) -
@LoopyChew said:

Nope. At the moment it is only available separately. Maybe if you wait another few months there'll be a GOTY edition.

More like a year from now. They're still releasing a lot more content.
#5 Posted by Kaiserhawk (62 posts) -

DLC Expac, so additional purchase. However Skyrim been out since last year, so the base price should be pretty cheap in some places.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14515 posts) -

Nope its DLC only at the moment. If you aren't opposed to waiting like...say another 12 months or so I'm sure they will eventually release a version of the game with all the DLC packed in.

#7 Posted by ttocs (761 posts) -

Welcome to the world of DLC.  They'll nickle and dime ya because they know you'll buy it.  We all do, don't worry.

#8 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3532 posts) -

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Don't worry about Dawn Guard. Skyrim has easily over 100 hours of gameplay from the other quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.