I'm 150 hours into Skyrim, I still have a long way to go in the main quest (I think) and I'm mostly doing side quests, but I'm tired of this game. After 150 hours of mostly joy, Skyrim becomes nothing but two things:
- Fighting Draugrs (skeleton enemies) in caves and tombs, since Skyrim's population is like 98% Darugrs it seems.
- Stumbling upon one of the universe's 48770855348 Daedra gods who asks you to do something boring and then tells you you're his/her hero and gives you a weapon or a dildo.
I want more Skyrim, I haven't had enough, but the base game has become literally nothing but a Draugr fighting game. I'm sick of exploring caves and slaying Draugrs, and there's nothing else left to do.
So I'm thinking of buying the DLC, but then it hit me, what could an expansion pack for Skyrim possibly have that the base game doesn't have, aside from a new story and characters/factions? I play games for the gameplay, not for the story or lore.
So give me a reason, a gameplay reason, why Dawnguard is worth the play?
- Does it have new exotic locations to explore with a different design than the design pattern of the towns and caves of Skyrim?
- Does it have new kind of loot, not just fucking Amethyst and potions?
- Does it have any new awesome cool thrilling rad quests that consist of more than just fetching a magical item that lies beyond a thousand Draugr guards? I miss those MIND=BLOWN quests, I've done them all, nothing exciting is happening anymore!
- Does it have new enemies or new combat mechanics?
Or is Dawnguard just 20 hours of killing vampires/vampire hunters and a bunch of dialogue and lore?