Has anyone switched M1 and M2 controls on PC?

• 61 results
#51 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I switched it because I am left handed. So seeing my dude swing his left hand as his primary attack just made more sense to me.

#52 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

Is, this really an issue? I haven't even thought about it. I click and I hit. Makes perfect sense to me. The right hand is your main hand, and left click is your main click.

#53 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@mortface said:

@Vodun said:

@MB said:

@mortface: Swapping M1 and M2 is the first thing I did...I did it before even creating my character. Do it, I'm surprised anyone can play with M2 being the left hand. Insanity.

Try using a bow, you'll zoom with M1 and fire with M2. Now that's insanity.

Oh god, I hadn't thought of that. I play a sort of mage-archer, so the M1/M2 default setup was annoying me when equipping spells, but I use archery when I'm OOM and I really don't want to mess up those controls. Hmm!

Can you bind several keys for the same thing? Maybe I could bind some keyboard buttons for attacks as well, and use keyboard for casting and equipping spells while keeping M1/M2 for archery.

I'm guessing their keybinding isn't that sophisticated, considering they couldn't even be bothered to not hardcode half the shit in the game.
#54 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@MB said:
@mortface: Swapping M1 and M2 is the first thing I did...I did it before even creating my character. Do it, I'm surprised anyone can play with M2 being the left hand. Insanity.
Same here. I did it as soon as I picked up that dead dude's axe and realized they reversed what was natural. It's all instantly way more intuitive with the right mouse controlling your right weapon. Even with a shield in your left hand and sword in your right, it just feels so much better.
#55 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

The thought occurred to me but I stuck with the defaults and now I'm glad I did. Switching them leads to lots of oddities depending on how you play. I will say, though, that everyone should swap L-Shift and L-Alt. Sprint on Alt is dumb. Also, I moved my shouts/powers to C.

#56 Posted by Renahzor (980 posts) -

I tried to swap them, but as a bow user right click to draw and left click to zoom broke my brain. Maybe there will be a PC mod that simply swaps your primary hand so you're left handed and then it will visually represent what you're clicking with the mouse more accurately.

#57 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

After all the negativity targeted at the M+KB control scheme I opted to play Skyrim with a controller from the very start, only 8 hours in but I've enjoyed it so far. If I get a chance to play later I might try out the M+KB set-up and see what its like.

However that's not really the matter at hand, we should be debating the Keyboard and Mouse control schemes for Ski Free. My vote goes to Keyboard.

#58 Posted by Mnemoidian (944 posts) -

Yeah... not done it, but I've seriously thought about it. As a mage, it's all crazy.

That said, I try not to think about which hand does what. I tend to dual-wield magic or just use a "main-hand" 1-H and self-healing in "other hand", avoiding thinking about left/right...

Really annoying. Wonder if it hadn't been more elegant to just make everyone Southpaws on the PC...

@Bows: I guess putting bows in the left hand don't reverse the zoom/release buttons as well? I haven't played around much with bows or shields...

#59 Edited by phampire (263 posts) -

I ended up changing most of the controls after realising how the default keys messed with my head. LShift controls my left hand, left mouse button controls my right hand, right mouse button sprints and V uses my equipped power. I made these changes after 20-30 hours of switching between game-pad and mouse and keyboard after realising how 8 hotkeys makes my mage smoother to play. Am I insane?

Edit: On an added note archery doesn't feel too weird since some fps assign Lshift to steady sniper aim by holding your breath which works suprising well with the whole zoom and slow time perk.

#60 Posted by Bane (363 posts) -

I swapped them immediately. The default controls felt bass ackwards but after the swap it felt totally natural. It works fine for both my one-handed warrior and and my mage.

#61 Posted by mortface (96 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken said:

However that's not really the matter at hand, we should be debating the Keyboard and Mouse control schemes for Ski Free. My vote goes to Keyboard.

No way, I could do spins much more easily with the mouse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.