Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

HELP!!

webb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By webb

As I just bought Skyrim, I need help and i havent yet found a forum on such an obvious question.... What Race seems to be the best and what is the best thing to specialize in (Archery, Sword n Shield, dual sword, magic and sword) Thanks Guys

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fini_fly

@webb said:

As I just bought Skyrim, I need help and i havent yet found a forum on such an obvious question.... What Race seems to be the best and what is the best thing to specialize in (Archery, Sword n Shield, dual sword, magic and sword) Thanks Guys

Specialize in whatever you want and one thing is not necessarily better than the other, just whatever you prefer. Same with the difference races, although some are geared more for different play styles than others. Honestly, just start playing and you'll use whatever you feel works best.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

If you google "Skyrim Character Builds" you can find a lot of information on whatever you've envisioned for your character. These are a few sites I found just from a rudimentary search. My advice would be to just jump in and do what feels right. Unlike Oblivion, you're not slaved to any set of skills or attributes from the get-go. Leveling enchanting and smithing is a good idea, though.

The Ultimate Skyrim Character Building Guide!

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Races Guide

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Character Builds Guide

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Character Creation Guide

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Character Build Guide: Rogue

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RVonE

Races are pretty well-balanced--I don't feel like one particular race is "best". They cater to different play styles.

Also, it's not a question of what skill would be "best" to specialize in, but I would give the advice to pick only a couple and max those out instead of spreading your points around.

The thing to remember is that Skyrim is not an especially difficult game, so it's not like you'll really be punished by picking this particular skill tree over that one.

The important question would be: what is your play style?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.