How buggy do you expect Skyrim to be?

• 58 results
#1 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Gotta be C. You can't have an open world game without bugs.

#3 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

I expect to fist fight a horse in a bar... on the back of a random dragon.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11956 posts) -

The buggiest.

#5 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Valames said:

I expect to fist fight a horse in a bar... on the back of a random dragon.

That's the best bug ever.
#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Deliciously buggy.

Motherfucker.

#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror said:

Deliciously buggy.

Motherfucker.

That's so other.
#8 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Regardless of how buggy it may be, nothing will stop me from S-Ranking that shit.

#9 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror: I can feel my heart pounding with excitement. Damn, I loved Oblivion. Enjoyed the shit out of some Fallout 3.  But, Elder Scrolls, yeah, it's going to be a good day, weeks, months.
#10 Posted by McFly (63 posts) -
#11 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Not really any buggier than these games usually get.

#12 Posted by Wonloong (360 posts) -

Nuggie as a motherscratching waist dog, son!

#13 Posted by Funkydupe (3320 posts) -

It'll be a buggy mess, but I'll still love it.

#14 Posted by MEATBALL (3244 posts) -

I expect it to be buggy but not so much that it can't be played to completion or it runs into any sort of trouble with save files.

#15 Posted by Dyslexicon (14 posts) -

With the amount of passion these guys put in, I'm sure it will be solid. I'm willing to bet they've learned from their New Vegas mistakes. Anyways, I only expect the types of bugs that lead to exploits, like people duplicating items or finding a cheap way to power level. I would bet my life you will not be walking through any walls or glitching through mountains. They got this on lock.

#16 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Nothing completely game breaking, unless it's like a quest that might not work in a very rare case etc. it'll be fine, but there will definately be a tonne of small niggly stuff. I trust some of it will get smoothed out over the course of time.

#17 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

I'm gonna say somewhere between Fallout 3/NV and Red Dead. Hopefully it will lean towards the Red Dead side of not a lot of bugs that will be funny when they happen.

#18 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

As you said yourself, you can't have an open world game without some bugs. I imagine it's nearly impossible for the developers to try out every situation possible that surely some people around the world will encounter. I hope it's not at the same level as, say, New Vegas, but I expect to scratch my head once or twice here and there.

Either way; it's going to be a couple of awesome months.

#19 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

I expect to be as buggy as this thread is beardy.

#20 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

C. It's Bethesda we're talking about here. (do I mean this as an insult or praise...

...or both?)

#21 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Pretty buggy.

#22 Posted by geirr (2575 posts) -

Bugs are half the fun in these games, c'mon.

#23 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I think they learned their lessons with Fallout 3 and Oblivion, and it seems this is going to be shit-tons less buggy.

#24 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (434 posts) -

Love the fact that you always have the option F.

#25 Posted by sungahymn (1011 posts) -

C

#26 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

It's impossible to say. You'd think that with a new engine things might be better, but the version of the Gamebryo engine that Oblivion-Fallout 3-New Vegas used actually got more buggy with each release (with the last being partly the fault of throwing it at a third party developer). Could mean super polished, could mean horribly buggy. I'm going to go with buggy but incredibly playable, because *all* open world games since the dawn of time have been that way. Bethesda would need to take a lot more development time to get it polished, and they want to make that 11/11/11 mark (and I want that goddamn game as soon as humanly possible).

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

I'd guess C. Going off Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I found them very playable albeit with quite a few bugs.

But hey, new engine. Could go either way or stay the same.

#28 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

It's going to be buggy, but I don't think there will be any serious ones. It's just going to be shit like the sky going all black or something and random neon polygons stretching from the horizon, basically the stuf you don't see very often, but when you do... you change inside.

#29 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

I predict a severe lack of bug-bears for a fantasy-based game.

#30 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

I expect it to be broken for at least 4 months before being fixed...it is Bethesda we're talking about here.

#31 Posted by Nentisys (892 posts) -

Some bugs. Within a month or two there will be a superb fanmade bugfix pack that will eliminate all quest/AI bugs.

#32 Posted by alexl86 (623 posts) -

Not enough to put me off of playing it. I expect I'll play most of the day with my Altmer Mage, or Dunmer Assassin, or Nord Knight. I haven't quite decided yet.

#33 Posted by Korwin (2866 posts) -

I expect my pet cat to explode once I finish with the character creator.

#34 Posted by HatKing (5956 posts) -

I'm sure it will be fine. Oblivion certainly had its bugs, but those didn't really seem apparent for me until after I finished the main quest. I expect the engine to become more and more noticeably buggy as more games are released on it (i.e.: Fallouts).

#35 Posted by Elyk247 (367 posts) -

I don't care. They will patch it, because I expect quite a few bugs. Scroll Duplication anyone?

The game will still be great, Bethesda has a great track record. New Vegas was by Obsidian not Bethesda.

#36 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

As buggy as a homeless man, so maybe a few

#37 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

It is an open world game so its going to have a few of course. But not even in the same ball park as the last few bethesda games.

#38 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Oblivion's bugs made the game better for the most part.

#39 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Definitely C. I don't understand the hyperbole people spew about Bethesda games being unplayable at launch.

#40 Posted by Gooddoggy (411 posts) -

Probably somewhere between B and C? I can't remember how Fallout 3 was at release (I don't think it's fair to use New Vegas as a comparison, since that was Obsidian and not Bethesda, albeit with Bethesda's engine). I expect there to be weird stuff, or to see the AI do something stupid - I don't mind things like that. What sucks is when you get weird bugs that prevent you from turning in quests, or that erase inventory or mess up save files.

#41 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

One word: Bethesda

It will be a very buggy game at launch......you can't ignore Bethesda's track record.

#42 Posted by Helgi (79 posts) -

It's definitely going to have some bugs, it's impossible for a game this size to be absolutely bug free but I am expecting it to be less buggy than previous games.

#43 Edited by ProfessorEss (7378 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Bethesda

Bethesda.
#44 Posted by Getz (3018 posts) -

@McFly said:

Chicken Cops buggy.

Bethesda's extensive QA is what brought knowledge of the Chicken Cops in the first place. Now, of course it's going to still be buggy as hell but probably not on the level of catastrophe that New Vegas was. I ain't worried.

#45 Posted by Dookysharpgun (586 posts) -

I'm not sure, but from what I can remember of Oblivion...I think it'll be fine, a few bugs, but nothing bad. It's the patches we have to worry about, I still can't forgive them for the goddamn PC patch that deleted my save...that really is my most vivid memory of that game...

#46 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

After playing through battlefield 3s campaign last night on the ps3, whatever bugs skyrim has- I think I can handle. Jesus christ, probably the buggiest game I've played in years. Worse than duke nukem forever even. Oblivion wasn't too buggy. Sometimes you'd come across something, but nothing extremely major. I ran through a few walls and buildings, and sometimes couldn't talk to certain people- though with save anywhere- wasn't a problem.

#47 Posted by Hashbrowns (650 posts) -

In every Bethesda game I've played, there is always one achievement that doesn't unlock for me. It was a Fighter's Guild quest in Oblivion and the virtual reality quest in Fallout 3. And it always happens when I haven't kept a workable backup save. Hopefully, third time's the charm and I at least stay prepared.

#48 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Regardless of how buggy it may be, nothing will stop me from S-Ranking that shit.

What if there is a game-crippling bug, that prevents the acquisition of a certain achievement?

I think that kind of buggy would probably do exactly that.

#49 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

I've never had any game breaking bugs in Bethesda games so C is most likely

#50 Edited by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I expect there to be bugs, but hopefully nothing completely game breaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.