How long did it take you to finish Dawnguard?

#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3728 posts) -

Trying to decide if I should pickup Dawnguard now, or wait for a sale. I'm not too interested in the idea of what looks to be The Dark Brotherhood: part 2, but I would love to have more Skyrim to play.

So, a few questions:

1) How long did it take for you to finish the DLC?

2) Did you fight for the vampires or the Dawnguard?

3) To your knowledge, is the DLC radically different depending on which side you take, or do you see a lot of the same places and have similar quests either way?

#2 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

I finished it disappointingly fast even on master. No where near the 12 hour mark which was suggested by my friends.

I played as the dawnguard in this case.

Yet to play the vampire side i hope it differs greatly and is longer.

#3 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I'm at least 10 hours in and I just got to the Soul Cairn. I'm playing as the Dawnguard, but am looking forward to doing the vampire playthrough on my evil character.

#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

It took me probably 15-18 hours. I tried to do most of the misc. side quests and the the few major ones. I wanted to get my S rank back.

#5 Posted by tangmcgame (79 posts) -

If you've already completed the main quest with the character you're doing the DLC line with then it cuts out a fair amount in the middle. If you're just blasting through the main quest then you could probably do it in, I don't know, 5 hours? Maybe less. If you're talking, exploring, experimenting with new features and doing the side quests, then it's more like 15-20 hours, I'd say.

#6 Posted by RivenD3ll (82 posts) -

7-8ish hours as expert, while doing a couple side quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.