Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

I no longer feel hype for games.

Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sedasys

Well, except this.
    Since I heard this was announced and started seeing screenshots and info on it, I've suddenly stopped caring about every other game. I couldn't care less about Portal 2, which I was looking forward to. Deus Ex might be nice but I don't care. I can seriously only think about this game. And I've still got a good 8 and a half months til I get to play it.
    Is there something really, really wrong with me? ;-;

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i can see that if i WAS a Elder Scrolls/RPG fan, i'd jizz alllllll over this 
     so i can feel you, and i think you have every right in the world. 

once i get over my RPG issues and learn to immerse myself in the world and stop worrying, i'll be on that hype train with you

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

i'd jizz alllllll over this     

eww 

There's nothing wrong with being hyped for one amazing game. Though you should probably be hyped for Dragon Age 2 as well.
    Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sedasys
    @JJWeatherman:
    Eh. Kinda looking forward to it, but still don't really care all that much. The only thing I can really tell that's different is that you have a voice now. Never managed to push myself to complete Dragon Age Origins.
    mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mzuckerm
    @Sedasys: I felt the same way about Oblivion before it came out.  So I guess there's no more wrong with you than there is with me, for whatever that's worth.
    oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oysteinBrenne
    @Sedasys: @Sedasys said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Eh. Kinda looking forward to it, but still don't really care all that much. The only thing I can really tell that's different is that you have a voice now. Never managed to push myself to complete Dragon Age Origins. "
    your dude has a voice in dragon age 1 
    Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samaritan

Welcome to the jaded-side of things, you'll like it here. ;)

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By EvilTwin
    @oysteinBrenne said:
    "@Sedasys said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Eh. Kinda looking forward to it, but still don't really care all that much. The only thing I can really tell that's different is that you have a voice now. Never managed to push myself to complete Dragon Age Origins. "
    your dude has a voice in dragon age 1  "
    I think you know what he means.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By McGhee
    @Sedasys said:
    " Well, except this. Since I heard this was announced and started seeing screenshots and info on it, I've suddenly stopped caring about every other game. I couldn't care less about Portal 2, which I was looking forward to. Deus Ex might be nice but I don't care. I can seriously only think about this game. And I've still got a good 8 and a half months til I get to play it. Is there something really, really wrong with me? ;-; "
    Maybe you're getting old? I'm a ripe old 28 now and I just don't get excited for games like I use to. It's just the way it goes. Although this Skyrim trailer was the best thing I've seen in a while.
    Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Onno10

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM"
    "By azura by azura by azura"
    "Look at the muscles at you"
    Yeah I'm pretty stoked too

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

I still get hyped for games but it quickly passes.  When the announcement came at the Spike VGAs I was very happy, but by now and especially after seeing the new trailer, the most I can muster is cautious optimism.  The same thing happened with Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3.  Yeah, I'll get the games eventually, but I'm not super excited for them.  I think it has a lot to due with the glut of information on all upcoming video games that we have access to.   Every positive reveals a potential negative, and so my excitement level deteriorates with each new report.  I could avoid reading about new games, but the feeling of being "hyped" isn't that important to me anymore.  I'd rather be well informed than hyped. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Jayzilla

the Nord were never as serious in the previous games as they seem to be in this game. i think the tone of that trailer doesn't convey what playing elder scrolls games is really like. still looks cool and the character animations actually look better than in Fallout, TES 3 or Oblivion, so that is good.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @Sedasys said:
    " Well, except this. Since I heard this was announced and started seeing screenshots and info on it, I've suddenly stopped caring about every other game. I couldn't care less about Portal 2, which I was looking forward to. Deus Ex might be nice but I don't care. I can seriously only think about this game. And I've still got a good 8 and a half months til I get to play it. Is there something really, really wrong with me? ;-; "
    Amen, Brother.

But I am excited for Batman.

65% Skyrim
    35% Batman
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pweidman
    @Progn0sticator said:
    "Welcome to the jaded-side of things, you'll like it here. ;) "

Love that post. 

But seriously, I can relate tc.  I am excited for a ton of games, just made a list for 2011 buys, but after that trailer, Skyrim is just off on it's own at the top.  Even my beloved ME3 has lost some luster.  Kinda sad really.  This too shall pass me thinks.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

I'm looking forward to Skyrim but no way does it effect how I feel about other video games. Tiger Woods 12: The Masters comes out next month, and I'm so hyped.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By A Likely Story

Can't say that I was hyped for any other game before Skyrim was announced anyway, so I don't share that same situation. I'm not even that hyped for Skyrim, so it certainly didn't steal any thunder from anything else.

Ok, fine, the Dead Island trailer had me interested, but until I actually find out more about the game itself I'm not getting excited over it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mikemcn

The only thing im truly hyped for is MASS EFFECT 3!  

But skyrim seems cool too. 

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZimboDK

That gameplay trailer blew me away. First game I'm truly hyped for since Mass Effect 1. I'm still interested in stuff like ME3, DA2, Batman etc. but that trailer really made me want to play Skyrim now.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, I haven't gotten very excited about a game in quite a while now, but then I heard the viking choir and I'm super pumped now.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead

Will the robot ever learn to love?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By WickedCestus

I am a very optimistic person, but I don't really get hype. I'm happy with the games I am playing right now.

Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sedasys
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " @Sedasys said:
    Maybe you're getting old? I'm a ripe old 28 now and I just don't get excited for games like I use to. It's just the way it goes. Although this Skyrim trailer was the best thing I've seen in a while. "
    Dude. I'm 17. I don't think I'm getting old.
    I wanna be old though. I'm gonna be a totally stereotypical old guy, sitting on a porch and shaking a stick at kids telling them to git awf mah lawn.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

Hype is bad news. It's the quickest path to being let down.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGhee
    @Sedasys said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " @Sedasys said:
    Maybe you're getting old? I'm a ripe old 28 now and I just don't get excited for games like I use to. It's just the way it goes. Although this Skyrim trailer was the best thing I've seen in a while. "
    Dude. I'm 17. I don't think I'm getting old. I wanna be old though. I'm gonna be a totally stereotypical old guy, sitting on a porch and shaking a stick at kids telling them to git awf mah lawn. "
    Ah. . . Not old, just jaded. Man, what a bad combination. :P
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By AndrewB

I'm looking forward to Lifts-Her-Tail the most.

Flooder_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Flooder_delete

I still feel hype for certain games, even tho I am soon 27 years old. But last time I was this hyped for other game like I am now for TES V: Skyrim, it was TES IV: Oblivion. :)

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By Stealthmaster86
    @MrKlorox:
    Agreed. But this trailer is so goddamn awesome. If people reacted this way at this trailer, just imagine what it will be like in E3.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AndrewB said:
    " I'm looking forward to Lifts-Her-Tail the most. "
    Wanna polish my spear?
    Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rohok

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SKYRIM!

:)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES SKYRIM!

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Claude said:
    " Tiger Woods 12: The Masters comes out next month, and I'm so hyped. "
    AKA "The game we are desperately trying to get people to not associate with Tiger Wood's personal life"
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I kinda wanted another Fallout. So I'm kinda bummed out that they're making this tbh. I thought Oblivion was really boring. Every dungeon looked the same, every NPC had the same voice, you had to repeat the same process to shut those gate things and they killed off the best part about that game in the tutorial. The only thing I really enjoyed in Oblivion was the Dark Brotherhood missions.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By salad10203

Although not even an ES fan, I can understand this.  The Elder Scroll's series seems to be the most ambitious and actually fulfill in expectations in most regards (unlike Fable and most other games.)

Asherrr_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Asherrr_D

Dude seriously unerstand, its been a long time coming for this game granted there was fallout 3 and new vagas, great games not gonna lie, (although new vagas semed rushed becuase of the bugs it has sometimes.) I find myself checking nearly everyday for more updates on Skyrim. It's gonna be sick. I'm just trying to find a game I can play in the mean time which will speed up 11.11.11!

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Agent47
    @Sedasys: I feel yah man.When I saw the teaser and the now even more amazing improved trailer, I stopped caring about everything else.Except for BRINK and Duke Nukem Forever........... and GOW3.
    EDIT:And Dead Island..Damnit I love Skyrim, but it is so far away I am still focused on all this games (which I have in a list) that will keep me busy until Skyrim.
    lucianotassis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By lucianotassis

Bethesda is amazing. I'm sure Skyrim will be ubiquitous in November, since almost everybody will be playing the game then.
    ToxikPandaKoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ToxikPandaKoi

too long to wait >:/

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm a fan of the games you mentioned, think about games too-often, watch trailers, hang out on forums, etc and I don't feel excited by anything, and there lays the answer.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By FesteringNeon

Great save with the first line in your OP. I think from the previews this game looks fantastic!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By TheHT

Jaded? You young whippersnappers aren't jaded. When something you really really want gets you going everything else pales in comparison. C'est la vie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.