I'm sick

#1 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

So i was making my way to the city at teh base of the mountain where the greybeards hang and some of teh travelers on the road observed i was sick. I believe some local farmers also said i looked sick. This didn't make much sense as i had no indication i was sick nor seemed to have any modifier that altered my stats.

Does anybody know what that is all about ? Some traveler even offered to cure me.

#2 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

You should be able to see it in the "active effects" tab. You can cure it by drinking a cure disease potion. Hope that helps.

#3 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Go to Magic -> Active effects or whatever it says , there you will see all the active stuff you have on you.

There is a potion that cures diseases.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

You can also see a healer in a temple.

#5 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

In Whiterun there is a house in which there is some kind of shiny stone or something that always heals you from diseases. Dont quite know where it was exactly.

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Are you in the process of becoming a vampire?

#7 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

Does anybody know how you contract these things? Could it have been a wolf bite?

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@RJMacReady said:

Does anybody know how you contract these things? Could it have been a wolf bite?

The come from animal bites.

#9 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

You got ROCK JAW!

#10 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

I was about to ask this if it wasn't asked.

I have been playing the last 6 hours with a sickness but having no idea what to do about it or how to find out what it was.

#11 Edited by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

@CL60 said:

That would only be the case if he had contracted Porphyric Hemophilia... and slept after 3 days with the disease.

Also I'm well past where he is and I have yet to encounter vampires, so I doubt it.

@RJMacReady said:

You have a chance of catching a disease when struck by a valid enemy or creature. Wolf bites can give you Rockjoint, which is most likely what you have.

To cure, find an altar to any of the Nine Divines, and it'll automatically cure any diseases you're carrying. Cheaper than buying a potion.

#12 Posted by SSully (4186 posts) -

You are becoming a vampire amigo. Look at your guys eyes, they should be gold/black looking. Also soon you should have your screen flare purplish and it will say something about you thirsting for blood or you feeling like shit when the sun rises. Did you by any chance stop in a certain cave that contained a shit ton of vampires on the way to the mountain? That's what happened to me.

#13 Edited by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

@Matfei90 said:

@CL60 said:

That would only be the case if he had contracted Porphyric Hemophilia... and slept after 3 days with the disease.

Also I'm well past where he is and I have yet to encounter vampires, so I doubt it.

Not true, during the 3 day period people will comment about how sick you look. Also, you can encounter vampires very early in the game, just a stones throw from where the game starts. I was given a Misc. quest shortly after arriving at Whiterun that brought me there.

#14 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

@Geo7877 said:

@Matfei90 said:

@CL60 said:

Not true, during the 3 day period people will comment about how sick you look. Also, you can encounter vampires very early in the game, just a stones throw from where the game starts. I was given a Misc. quest shortly after arriving at Whiterun that brought me there.

I stand corrected. I guess I haven't had that quest pop up, or encountered said vampire den.

As for my comment about Porphyric Hemophilia, I know that it presents itself as a disease when it's incubating, I was merely expressing doubt over the fact he'd contracted it so early. ;)

#15 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

@Matfei90 said:

@Geo7877 said:

@Matfei90 said:

@CL60 said:

I stand corrected. I guess I haven't had that quest pop up, or encountered said vampire den.

As for my comment about Porphyric Hemophilia, I know that it presents itself as a disease when it's incubating, I was merely expressing doubt over the fact he'd contracted it so early. ;)

You get a letter from a courier that brings you there, fyi.

Also. the disease you contract is called Sanguinare Vamparis in this game.

#16 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

@Geo7877 said:

Also. the disease you contract is called Sanguinare Vamparis in this game.

Interesting... Come across any reasoning behind the change in nomenclature? Could be an endemic strain or something...

#17 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

OKay, no it was attaxia and i resolved that

Then i had bone break fever which i presume you get from falling ? Anyway cure potions dealt with these issues. I wish there was some way to indicate you have some disorder without relying on talking to people. I rarely go in that small section of the magic menu much.

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

And all this time I thought the "you look sick" comments were an ignorant observation by the white Nords (I'm a dark-skinned Wood Elf). I seriously thought they were being racist or something.

#19 Posted by louis0nfire (205 posts) -

@CL60 said:

This just made me laugh. It sounds funny for some reason.

#20 Posted by alexl86 (622 posts) -

@RJMacReady: It says that you've contracted a disease when you contract them. It usually shows up after you've been bitten by a wolf, other animals and some supernatural creatures, like Vampires. Since it shows up in the heat of battle, it's easy to miss.

#21 Posted by magnum45 (23 posts) -

Go to the temple in Whiterun, there is a statue in which cures you from all sickness and whatnot :)

#22 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -

Now I feel bad for killing all the NPCs who I thought were being racists by saying I looked sick just because I am a proud dark skinned elf.

On second thought I just realized most NPCs shouldn't even be looking directly at me since I am a divine being in Skyrim. How dare they NOT bow down to me whenever I walk through their villages. They need to respect my authority. I'm a dragonborn, I do what I want.

#23 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@Matfei90 said:

@CL60 said:

@RJMacReady said:

You have a chance of catching a disease when struck by a valid enemy or creature. Wolf bites can give you Rockjoint, which is most likely what you have.

To cure, find an altar to any of the Nine Divines, and it'll automatically cure any diseases you're carrying. Cheaper than buying a potion.

i encountered vampires right after i got my shout with the companions quest.. Which is Alot eariler then that hrothgar area.. but that is also if you take the time to do other side quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.