Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Imagine this iOS Skyrim app

SolracFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SolracFB

What if there was an iPhone / iPad app that let you do all the menu based activities in Skyrim. You would upload your save file to a server and the app would pull the data. You would then do things like equipping armor or smithing through the app. Depending on the nature of the activity, you can have it take effect immediately after loading your save on the console, or queued up until you reach the right place. For example if you equip some armor, your character would be wearing it upon loading the save file, but if you crafted a new sword, you would have to go to a forge and the game would tell you that you have a sword queued up and you would just need to confirm to get your sword. This way  you could still have a Skyrim experience while attending a boring family reunion, and you could maximize your console time exploring, fighting or moving the story along. Things you could do through the app: equipping items, marking items as favorites, smithing, enchanting, using alchemy, trading with any merchant you've previously met, examining the map, fast traveling, examining skill trees, assigning pending perks, reading any book in your inventory, admiring a 3D model of your character, browsing the achievement list, etc. I hope you are now as sad as I am that this doesn't exist.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gerhabio

That would be pretty cool, indeed. I'm not against multimedia integration if it feeds into the game well and is not integral to the experience.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I know there is a WP7 app called the Skyrim Herbarium that has a complete list of ingredients and how to make each type of potion. Basically it's a portable wiki database with a nice UI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.