Is it just me, or is the main menu song amazing?

#1 Edited by RedRoach (1198 posts) -

Every time I turn the game on I can't help but sit at the main menu for a minute or two and listen to it. I want that song to play at all times in the game.

#2 Posted by shinboy630 (1161 posts) -

That is actually the main theme of the game. And if you listen closely its one of the songs that plays when fighting dragons.

#3 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Yep its pretty awesome. I love the level up sound too.

#4 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Every song in this game is amazing, can't wait until the soundtrack I ordered gets here!

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4724 posts) -

Jeremy Soule is a genius, just accept it.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Fucking barbarian choir is all win, no fail.

#7 Posted by shinboy630 (1161 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

Jeremy Soule is a genius, just accept it.

I'm guessing by your avatar you are familiar with his Guild Wars work as well, because that will forever be my favorite of his.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Yeah it is, if that songs plays when I encounter a dragon I will try and hang around until its finished...Then run away.

#9 Edited by animathias (1190 posts) -

Absolutely. This is as good as place as any to share this video. Turns out the song is in Dragon Language, but still means something in English. Anyway, though. It sounds epic.

#10 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

it's defintely not just you.

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4724 posts) -

@shinboy630: You would be guessing correctly, sir. I'm waiting with bated breath for GW2, as I would guess you are as well by your avatar. That music from the Gamescom trailer is just amazing.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

The entire soundtrack is amazing.

#13 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I'm gonna ask for the 4 disc soundtrack for Christmas. Order it before Christmas and the composer signs your copy. Pretty cool.

#14 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:

The entire game is amazing.  Honestly, this is one of those games which lives up to and exceeds its hype, dramatically.
#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6329 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
@JasonR86 said:

The entire game is amazing.  Honestly, this is one of those games which lives up to and exceeds its hype, dramatically.
This seems like a shameless quote for the sake of getting an extra post for the post count, but: 

Yup. 
#16 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1576 posts) -

Absolutely. I too cannot help but just sit there and listen to it all the way through, even for the 100th time.

#17 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

All Elder Scrolls main themes tend to be pretty damned awesome. I find it hard to decide if I prefer Skyrim or Morrowind though. They're both amazing for different reasons.

#18 Posted by fetchfox (1288 posts) -

it's like opening a storybook with accompanying music each time you start the game.

#19 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

It certainly is epic. I get pumped whenever I hear it.

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

@SeriouslyNow said:
@JasonR86 said:

The entire game is amazing. Honestly, this is one of those games which lives up to and exceeds its hype, dramatically.
This seems like a shameless quote for the sake of getting an extra post for the post count, but: Yup.

You're making the assumption that I care about my post count.

#21 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@SeriouslyNow said:
@JasonR86 said:

The entire game is amazing. Honestly, this is one of those games which lives up to and exceeds its hype, dramatically.
This seems like a shameless quote for the sake of getting an extra post for the post count, but: Yup.

He's talking about his post count, I think.
#22 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I always wait for the music to finish before I load my save.

#23 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

the elder scrolls theme is pretty amazing in any form really

just start humming it to yourself and anything you're doing instantly becomes much more impressive

#24 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

The whole sore for Skyrim is awesome, but that intro music is spectacular.

#25 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

All The songs are pretty fucking awesome.

#26 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3901 posts) -

The first time I heard it in the trailer I got the shivers. Its my favorite version of the elders scrolls theme for sure. The two days up to me getting skyrim I had it playing in my head on a loop.

#27 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Oh no... but THIS is the best Skyrim song... Just listen

#28 Posted by HistoryInRust (6329 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow
@JasonR86 said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@SeriouslyNow said:
@JasonR86 said:

Talking about mine, because the only useful thing I had to say was, "Yup."
#29 Posted by Jayzilla (2567 posts) -

Jeremy Soule is my fave game soundtrack duder. He does all the stuff for Guild Wars 1 and 2 as well. I actually like the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack more than the Skyrim stuff.

#30 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -
@Arker101 said:

I always wait for the music to finish before I load my save.

Haha me too. It's like the song deserves your full attention every time. I don't mind. It still gives me chills because it's so goddamn awesome.
#31 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

@SeriouslyNow
@JasonR86 said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@SeriouslyNow said:
@JasonR86 said:

Talking about mine, because the only useful thing I had to say was, "Yup."

Good...because I'm uncontrollably self-conscious about my post count!

#32 Posted by yakov456 (1917 posts) -

Hell, I had chills today just singing it in my head at work today. Also, when the dragon battle theme plays I want to run outside and slay something.

#33 Edited by fisk0 (4279 posts) -

Pretty much every single song Jeremy Soule has ever composed is amazing. I love the Skyrim theme, though I kind of prefer the Morrowind theme over it. And nothing really comes close to his debut soundtrack for Total Annihilation back in 1998. (edit: turns out he actually did some stuff before TA, though it was the first fully orchestrated soundtrack of his).

#34 Posted by Getz (3092 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.