Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is it possible to grind combat levels?

easybeinggreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By easybeinggreen

The only experience I really have with RPG's is from Final Fantasy where you can hang out in an area and fight enemies, leveling up to your heart's content. Is that possible in Skyrim? I mean to say, is there an area rich with monsters or enemies that I could hang out in and level up for a while or do I have to level up by following quest lines? thanks in advance...

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phish09

Not really. Just try to kill every animal, monster and person you see I guess. There is a lot of combat in the game and if you play enough it won't take much "grinding" to level up your weapons. My Archery is about Level 85 and my One Handed is around 50, so if I would have just focused on one or the other through my entire experience I would for sure have one of them maxed out by now.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By veiasma

As far as I know, monsters do not respawn. You could always grind up levels the lame way by creating a ton of leather bracers.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @Veiasma

As far as I know, monsters do not respawn. You could always grind up levels the lame way by creating a ton of leather bracers.

Incorrect. Stuff does respawn after a few ingame days.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Getz

In the beginning of the game, during the tutorial you can hit the guy you're following over and over and grind levels that way since he doesn't die or retaliate but there's really no point to grinding that early in the game. The beauty of Skyrim is that even the grinding isn't really grinding. You go in to a cave or dungeon and you poke around and fight stuff. Maybe you find some crazy loot, or cool little story thread, maybe you don't but you'll always get some skill-ups out of it.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By veiasma

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Veiasma

Incorrect. Stuff does respawn after a few ingame days.

Good to know.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kermoosh

you could let an enemy or two live and just block for a long time while watching tv or something

easybeinggreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By easybeinggreen

@phish09 and

Got it. I have noticed that the leveling up goes pretty smoothly and I haven't had any issues with my character being under-powered, so I'll just play through the stories and not worry about stopping gameplay to grind out combat levels. The leather bracer thing is a great idea though...

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Elazul

Not really, but there's so much stuff to do in the game and it scales to your level so well that there's pretty much no need to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.