Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is there a way to use the weapon rack in Breezehome?

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nemt

I'd like to hang up some quest related weapons I never use, instead of just throwing them around.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rave

There are wall mounts you equip the weapon you want to hang the press a and you will hang it. I hung the axe of winterrun above my front door and a lunar blade in my living area.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Obsidian

You cannot remove quest items from your inventory.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nemt

@Rave said:

There are wall mounts you equip the weapon you want to hang the press a and you will hang it. I hung the axe of winterrun above my front door and a lunar blade in my living area.

I'm holding the axe of whiterun and looking right at the mount but pressing A does nothing.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rave

@nemt:

weird is there already a weapon on the mount? By holding you mean you can actually see it in your hand like you would to attack someone? Are you sure what you are looking at is a mount they are red I believe. Im pretty sure it was A I pressed maybe X? It worked for me first try, when I looked at the mount the first time a little tutorial message poped up explaining how.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nemt

Yeah, i have it drawn ready to attack and there's no weapon there already. Weird. I also never got a tutorial or anything - maybe because I didn't even notice the mounts the first time I went into the house?

This is Xbox, right?

Shnowmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shnowmon

I am having the same issue, I have tried everything, but it still just behaves like a dead slab of furniture. I own the Breezehome in Whiterun, fully furnished on the Xbox 360. I have tried this with the weapon rack on the floor as well as the red ones on the walls. Nothing happens, no tutorial, nothing. >( I have also noticed that if I drop something from my inventory, arrange it within the room, then leave the house, the items will be back on the floor where I dropped them from my inventory. The only way around this is to drop the item, leave the house, enter the house again, then arrange them. That is the only way they will stay put. I have not tried any other houses yet to see if it is an isolated problem with that specific house. I hope Bethesda is aware of these problems as it is EXTREMELY annoying not being able to use my weapon racks and having to jump through two loading screens every time I want my decorations to save correctly.

P.S. Bookshelves work flawlessly, just as I always wanted them to. I am also running the game off the disk, I do not have it installed.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hemmelight

Weird. I'm on PS3, and the bookshelves work perfectly fine, but the weapon rack and mounts do nothing. Not even a prompt to interact with it, no nothing. :/

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Working fine for me, maybe it only does 1h weapons?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

I've put two-handed weapons near the bookshelf, so that's covered. Two, in fact.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

I just wanted to bump this to let everybody know, (or whoever is having similar issues), that it seems the weapon racks de-activate if you only buy one or two items in your home and then enter your home. The only workaround that people are reporting is that you have to purchase all upgrades at once before you enter your home. Hopefully Bethesda fixes this, because this is a pretty shitty issue to have, especially if you want to display your armored earnings.

Until then, I hope everybody has a save from before you purchased your homes. I know I don't.

Source!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.