Is there an end to 'talk to the companions leaders for work'?

#1 Posted by mcd1901 (4 posts) -

Companions "animal extermination" missions, thieve's guild "numbers jobs", etc. Do these missions keep going forever or is there an end to them?

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

They keep going.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

kill the quest giver?

I just wish they fixed the issue of repeating dungeons for side missions, I still can't get that last piece of an amulet.

#4 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (278 posts) -

I think it's funny how after you become the leader of a guild, the optional jobs they have for you are something a new recruit would be doing. I know it's difficult to come up with leader-type jobs that would be fun in a videogame, but at least have random battles in the wilderness for me to lead or something.

#5 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

Yeah, you're the leader of this respected guild, now go kill some rodents that are bothering this old lady. Great. Oh yeah, then do it again, but with a mountain lion. Great.

#6 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: you have you join the college of winterhold. the quest to get into saarthal is the second one given. i hate the fact that i had to join that lame fucking college for mages in order to finish that quest.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers: no the problem is the nord skeleton who has the piece of the amulet dissapeared after I killed him the first time (I neglected to pick up the piece of amulat at the time), so when I came back to that dungeon the quest arrow just points to the ground.

#8 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I did the first Companions quest in which I found out an INTERESTING SECRET about them. Are there any more Companions missions? Cos all I get now is randomly generated jobs from them.

#9 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

@I_smell said:

I did the first Companions quest in which I found out an INTERESTING SECRET about them. Are there any more Companions missions? Cos all I get now is randomly generated jobs from them.

Yes there are but if you are fairly low level from what i understand you have to do a given number of random ones before the story ones pop up..

#10 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, that sucks. i've currently found myself in a similar situation with a different quest. it totally sucks. i wish there was a way to abandon quests.

#11 Posted by Benny (1952 posts) -

@I_smell: you need to 'join their club' to progress the storyline I think? I did, and there is a quest to 'leave their club' if you want

#12 Posted by Getz (2997 posts) -

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

@Vinny_Says: you have you join the college of winterhold. the quest to get into saarthal is the second one given. i hate the fact that i had to join that lame fucking college for mages in order to finish that quest.

You guys are talking about Gaaldur's Amulet right? Yeah, I was so stumped about that locked dungeon and I went to the college on a lark and got insanely lucky finding the guy that takes you there. It's kinda dumb how the quests overlap

#13 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

@Getz said:

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

@Vinny_Says: you have you join the college of winterhold. the quest to get into saarthal is the second one given. i hate the fact that i had to join that lame fucking college for mages in order to finish that quest.

You guys are talking about Gaaldur's Amulet right? Yeah, I was so stumped about that locked dungeon and I went to the college on a lark and got insanely lucky finding the guy that takes you there. It's kinda dumb how the quests overlap

yes, it is dumb. what's even dumber is the fact the amulet wasn't even all that great after combining the three pieces. i was a bit irritated after seeing the final result.

#14 Posted by Getz (2997 posts) -

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

@Getz said:

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

@Vinny_Says: you have you join the college of winterhold. the quest to get into saarthal is the second one given. i hate the fact that i had to join that lame fucking college for mages in order to finish that quest.

You guys are talking about Gaaldur's Amulet right? Yeah, I was so stumped about that locked dungeon and I went to the college on a lark and got insanely lucky finding the guy that takes you there. It's kinda dumb how the quests overlap

yes, it is dumb. what's even dumber is the fact the amulet wasn't even all that great after combining the three pieces. i was a bit irritated after seeing the final result.

I dunno dude, +30 to health, stamina, and magicka in one necklace is pretty useful. I haven't found a better one yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.