Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is there any Korean translation?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I have a friend who moved here from Korea and she barely speaks any English, but she wants to play Skyrim(PC version.) and would rather understand the game, I searched and could only find this(can't actually post the video since I on my phone.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xifXKa1LuQ

So unless that's fake or something I assume it does exist.. Somewhere?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

I got you! I assuming that you have it on Steam? Changing the language on that should change it on the game. It would get the new .paks. Or whatever they're called. Try it with Spanish.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

Wait. It's more complicated... So set it to Korean then let it update. Uhh just read the description to this video Link

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60
    @SexyToad
    I got you! I assuming that you have it on Steam? Changing the language on that should change it on the game. It would get the new .paks. Or whatever they're called. Try it with Spanish.
    Korean isn't in the list of languages In the language settings. The only Asian language on there was Japanese. Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.
    darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darknaut

I actually remember seeing a Korean translation mod in the Steam Workshop a while back, and it seemed to have fairly good reviews to go with it. I can't remember what to search to find it but with a bit of digging you should be able to uncover it. That's the best lead I have though.

ColonelRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ColonelRick

@CL60 said:

@SexyToad
    Korean isn't in the list of languages In the language settings. The only Asian language on there was Japanese. Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.

@Darknaut said:

I actually remember seeing a Korean translation mod in the Steam Workshop a while back, and it seemed to have fairly good reviews to go with it. I can't remember what to search to find it but with a bit of digging you should be able to uncover it. That's the best lead I have though.

Yeah dude, try browsing around Skyrim Nexus and the Steam workshop for a bit. Almost seems natural someone is at least working on a Korean language mod somewhere...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @ColonelRick

@CL60 said:

@SexyToad

@Darknaut said:

Yeah dude, try browsing around Skyrim Nexus and the Steam workshop for a bit. Almost seems natural someone is at least working on a Korean language mod somewhere...

Couldn't find anything on the nexus, and I found something called Korean Translation or something on the workshop but all it did was make the signs in the game korean. That's all I could find, but that video I posted makes it seem like there is something in existence.
    ColonelRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ColonelRick

@CL60 said:

@ColonelRick

@CL60 said:

@SexyToad

@Darknaut said:

Couldn't find anything on the nexus, and I found something called Korean Translation or something on the workshop but all it did was make the signs in the game korean. That's all I could find, but that video I posted makes it seem like there is something in existence.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7837&searchtext=korean

This should be it. I think the guy has two mods, one for signs and one for general translation. The link should be for the general translation, I think.

NO IDEA on the quality of the translation. I almost never play games in my native Dutch, since the translation is usually awkward. English to Korean seems even more risky; lot of stuff could get lost in translation...

darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darknaut

Yeah, I found the same one that ColonelRick just posted. A quick google search of "skyrim 한국어 번역" brought it up quickly. Hopefully that will do it for your friend!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @ColonelRick Thanks, I'll get her to check it out. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it's better than nothing.
    Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Bwast

Can she cook? If so tell her I'll be over in a minute. Good, authentic bulgogi is so hard to come by. It's been 10 years since I've been to Korea but I can still taste that heavenly bulgogi. Man I'm hungry.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

@Bwast said:

Can she cook? If so tell her I'll be over in a minute. Good, authentic bulgogi is so hard to come by. It's been 10 years since I've been to Korea but I can still taste that heavenly bulgogi. Man I'm hungry.

I'm bumping this just to say I just had Bulgogi for the first time today...

AND MY GAWD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.