Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is there any way to automate the melee combat?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I have a friend with bad hands & he has liked RPGs.  However,
    the new Skyrim game makes it difficult to play because instead 
    of just pointing & clicking for combat to begin, it uses all of these
    different fighting maneuvers.  He was able to play Fallout 3/New Vegas,
    Dragon Age: Origins/DA2, all the Neverwinter Nights games, etc.
    But this new melee combat feature has really turned him off on 
    Skyrim.  Is there any way to just click on an enemy & let the PC
    do the rest?

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By buckwatters

I would bet that there is a mod for that, but as of right now I don't think there is.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee

@Lind_L_Taylor:

A controller with turbo buttons?

David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By David

Yes it could be done with a mod but only after Bethesda releases the mod tools and even then someone would have to have the same idea as you and it would be quite a bit of work to overhaul Skyrim's combat to make it more like an traditional RPG.

But hopefully one day someone will make a mod that does that but don't expect it soon unfortunately...

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By spazmaster666

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

I have a friend with bad hands & he has liked RPGs. However, the new Skyrim game makes it difficult to play because instead of just pointing & clicking for combat to begin, it uses all of these different fighting maneuvers. He was able to play Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins/DA2, all the Neverwinter Nights games, etc. But this new melee combat feature has really turned him off on Skyrim. Is there any way to just click on an enemy & let the PC do the rest?

It's not a new melee feature. It's just an improved version of Oblivion's combat. The Elder Scrolls series, gameplay wise, were always designed to be action RPGs, not a traditional RPG like Dragon Age and especially not Neverwinter Nights (which was straight up D&D). As for ways to automate the combat that's unlikely since it would basically require a complete overhaul of the interface and combat mechanics (especially given there is no targeting system). While a mod probably could do it, it's unlikely anyone would put that much time into it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

This is my first time to play an Elder Scrolls game (I played the Fallout series, but with
    that, you have guns & VATS).  I'll tell my friend to keep an eye out for mods when the
    tools are released.

edit: Thanks!

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Phoenix778m

How big are your friends hand? The combat seems pretty simple to me; run at enemy click to swing sword. No offence; I just can't imagine the difficulty.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BraveToaster

@Phoenix778m said:

How big are your friends hand? The combat seems pretty simple to me; run at enemy click to swing sword. No offence; I just can't imagine the difficulty.

His friend has bad hands, not big ones.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Phoenix778m

My bad, doh! the text is getting blurry, time for bed. I hope someone makes a mod to help with your friends situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.