Is there anybody who isn't happy or dissapointed by Skyrim?

#1 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

Of course only if you like the ES series.I am only asking this because up till now all I have seen only greatness from this.It seems they have addressed every mayor and even some minor problems with Oblivion.Better animations, more varied environments, no annoying mayor/minor skill system, no more crazy scaling, no more stiff awkward faces, no more awkward close ups, body customizations, beards.I mean the list goes on and on with all the improvements.

So with all these awesome things so far I know there still has to be people that might be disappointed or upset , I just want to know why.Obviously something other than "They don't have crossbows!" or "No spears!?Fuck that!" or the worst one I've heard."Get rid of fast travel!Bring back Morrowind's transports!". Oh and "I want to levitate back to Cyrodiil" or some other absurd thing. 

READ thoroughly I am saying from the released details SO FAR, obviously the game has not been released.

#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

How can you be disappointed of a game that's not out and you've never played?

#3 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

....it's not even out yet, how do you know how it's going to turn out? 

#4 Posted by LlamaLlama (174 posts) -

Hard to be dissapointed by a game that really has only been just announced, though somehow people manage. I'm cautious, mostly due to the experience I had with Oblivion, though I'll keep my ears and eyes open to see what Skyrim has to offer.
#5 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@RoboRobb: Jeez people R.E.A.D. I said so far from the things they have said.
#6 Posted by jking47 (1191 posts) -

I am excited, but will withhold judgment either way till I can actually play the game.

#7 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

Well too bad you can't edit the topic like GT.com so now people are missing by point.

#8 Edited by Harbinger_Of_Hippos (224 posts) -

It looks fuckin' awesome to me. In fact, I'm constantly checking the forums here for any new topics about it. You can only imagine my excitement when I saw this, that somebody was talking about it again. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to change my pants.

#9 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I'll wait until it's out until I'll judge it.

But seriously, no spears or crossbows is bullshit.

#10 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Enigma777: Brah what's up with the Hitler Pikachu?It's hilarious either way.
#11 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

I'd be down for silt striders-esque fast travel making a comeback. 

In all honesty as long as it's more like Morrowind, less like Oblivion I'll be happy. 

By that I mean...let me levitate and find awesome crap.

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -
@Agent47 said:
" @Enigma777: Brah what's up with the Hitler Pikachu?It's hilarious either way. "
Hail Hitlerchu! 
#13 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Everything I've heard about the game has me hyped. Thankfully there's Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 to keep me occupied until November 11th. 

#14 Posted by Droop (1792 posts) -

The screenshots look awfully GameBryo-y.

#15 Posted by Dtat (1621 posts) -

I read your entire post. I have learned not to trust things said by developers about a game before it comes out. What they've said sounds cool, but I won't believe it until I've played it. So in short: I'm neither happy nor disappointed. It hasn't been released yet.

#16 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Dtat: Yeah I know I never try to over hype myself because I almost 80% get upset in the end.But it's just that everything that I found to be a problem with Oblivion it seems like they are addressing it or have stated it.It got my hopes up.
#17 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

I'm only disappointed that it isn't in Elswyer

#18 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Enigma777: That avatar is so awesome, it is the only way I can remember you.Try not to change it!
#19 Posted by SARRISS (136 posts) -

I'm disappointed they haven't shown anything yet. The big draw for these games were the technical bar they set each time. I'm kinda disappointed with the elimination of the classes but it make some sense. As a ES fan and not a Fallout fan I am rather wary of the perks making their way in.

#20 Posted by SonicFire (820 posts) -

I'm not sure what you can be upset about, considering we know very little, and what we do know seems almost ideal. But I'm sure that even if it's the most perfect piece of software developed in the history of mankind, there will still be a cadre of gamers who insist morrowind was way better.

#21 Posted by SARRISS (136 posts) -
@SonicFire: agreed but lets hope a smaller amount this time and also hope they aren't mostly correct this time as well.
#22 Posted by LoggerRythm (190 posts) -

I'm just hoping that when the final product hits, that the engine doesn't lag from loading zones as much as Oblivion did. 
Also hoping that they iron a lot of the bugs out, this whole hip thing with companies lately of shipping games with a crap load of bugs in it is for the birds.

#23 Posted by SARRISS (136 posts) -

one big thing I hope they fix is that every fucking door doesn't hit a load screen. if its like oblicion where each city requires a load thats fine but not every house thereafter

#24 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

I'm disappointed with your lack of spaces between sentences.

#25 Posted by JudgeDread (570 posts) -
@Agent47 said:
" Of course only if you like the ES series.I am only asking this because up till now all I have seen only greatness from this.It seems they have addressed every mayor and even some minor problems with Oblivion.Better animations, more varied environments, no annoying mayor/minor skill system, no more crazy scaling, no more stiff awkward faces, no more awkward close ups, body customizations, beards.I mean the list goes on and on with all the improvements.

So with all these awesome things so far I know there still has to be people that might be disappointed or upset , I just want to know why.Obviously something other than "They don't have crossbows!" or "No spears!?Fuck that!" or the worst one I've heard."Get rid of fast travel!Bring back Morrowind's transports!". Oh and "I want to levitate back to Cyrodiil" or some other absurd thing. 

READ thoroughly I am saying from the released details SO FAR, obviously the game has not been released. "

all I have seen from this game is snow, ice, winter. And frankly I am fed up with that environment in real life at the moment.  So if the environment is only like it  is wintertime where I live, (Sweden -15c, 10 cm ice on roads and 50 cm snow), I think I will pass until price drops. 

Unless they add cross country skiing as a mode of transport.

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11019 posts) -

They haven't even shown any gameplay footage yet. How can you ask for peoples' opinions when all of them are based on random bits of information taken out of context and their own preconceived notions? I for one am skeptical of all the dynamicism they are promising. Somehow, I doubt it will be fully formed in the main game. But that's an assumption. I'm not happy or disappointed yet, but I am at the very least optimistic that they will make a game I will enjoy based on my prior enjoyment of their work.

#27 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" How can you be disappointed of a game that's not out and you've never played? "
I was gonna say that but also...

i kinda liked the awkward close ups...yeah, don't have to tell me, I'll take my seat over there =[
#28 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@SonicFire: So much info has been released.You got the Morrowind part right though.
#29 Posted by Hobbies (975 posts) -

I just don't have very high hopes at this point, honestly. I'm still looking forward to Skyrim, but from the information we've received so far it honestly seems to me like they're not trying hard to enough to really expand the series to its full potential. I of course expect that Skyrim will be an improvement over Oblivion (or Fallout 3, for that matter), but not significantly enough for the Elder Scrolls series to really be completely revitalized.

#30 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Looks great.

#31 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Agent47: uh... I wish that fast travel was gone. I really enjoyed that about Morrowind, having an ingame fast travel system made it way more immersive, and my time spent wandering around on foot led to me finding a lot of really cool stuff that I would have missed otherwise. Given their emphasis on unique areas this time around it'd be a shame to just skip over them unless they're mission critical. 
Also NO SPEARS? FUCK THAT (I jest, although I do want spears back!)
#32 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I'm upset because I have to wait until November.

#33 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -
@Droop said:
" The screenshots look awfully GameBryo-y. "
I think this is my biggest thing. It looks like a suped-up GameBryo engine. 
#34 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@Enigma777: @RoboRobb: D'awww, you trollers! lulz! 

Also, I agree, the stuff they have talked about sounds incredible. This is the closest to Diablo 3 fever I've gotten with a game recently. I ate up every morsel of information I could get my hands on. And it all sounds AWESOME.
#35 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos: by rushing to conclusions you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Just sayin'!
#36 Posted by MikeHawk (381 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" How can you be disappointed of a game that's not out and you've never played? "
Dragon Age 2 says hi.
#37 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1733 posts) -

I'm not happy. And I'm not disappointed. I haven't played it yet, and it wouldn't be the first time I've been burned by quotes from a preview. Let's wait and see.

#38 Posted by BottleShip (12 posts) -

I can't wait for this game to come out. I never really got behind Morrowind but I played the hell out of Oblivion. All the changes and improvements sound superb. November 2011 is going to be a terrible month, GPA wise...

#39 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -
@MikeHawk said:
" @Enigma777 said:
Dragon Age 2 says hi. "
...and Dragon Age 2 has a demo out and the full retail game comes out in less than 2 weeks. Nice try though
#40 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Agent47: I'm pleased so far, but I'm not committing to feeling anything in particular about Skyrim yet.  It'll be a while in coming, and it's usually the few weeks before a game when I really start to get a grasp of what I think of it (at least without having played).
#41 Posted by themangalist (1677 posts) -
@Agent47 said:
" @RoboRobb: Jeez people R.E.A.D. I said so far from the things they have said. "
That doesn't justify the fact that the game isn't out yet and you shouldn't judge unless you have played the game. When Bethesda teased us about how great the Radiant AI is, they made it sound so amazing. I don't doubt it would be great, I loved the two games before, but I'm pretty sure they'll introduce some new problems as well.
#42 Posted by Driadon (2990 posts) -

I don't have enough info to really land on heads or tails on Skyrim yet. While what they've said sounds interesting, it's hard to take it all in without the inevitable "Okay, so are they making a true-to-form Elder Scrolls game or are they going to keep going on the accessible to anyone and everyone train?" 

I found the series with Morrowind, then went back and played a good chunk of Arena and Daggerfall, all of which I loved, except for Daggerfall's game-breaking bugs. As such, I found Oblivion a bit of a cop-out. Not to say I didn't have fun with it, but they really could have called the game The Kinda-Elderscrolls: We-Took-Out-A-Lot-You-Fans-Might-Have-Enjoyed Edition.

#43 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
" I'm only disappointed that it isn't in Elswyer "
Hey, I wanted a game in Elswyer too! Who doesn't love those crazy, narcotic-lovin' cat-people?
#44 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

Best of 2011.

#45 Posted by Jayzilla (2539 posts) -

I am a tad disappointed actually. Here's why: Bethesda is setting an awfully serious tone with those trailers and Max Von Sydow. Nord aren't serious. Ever. I haven't ever met a Nord that ever said anything serious in 3 or 4. They are usually totally stupid and now all of a sudden they are serious? Lame. The one thing I did see that was good is that the character animations look better than in Fallout or the previos ES games. So that is cool I guess.

#46 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

This game looks fucking awesome.

#47 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@Jayzilla said:
" I am a tad disappointed actually. Here's why: Bethesda is setting an awfully serious tone with those trailers and Max Von Sydow. Nord aren't serious. Ever. I haven't ever met a Nord that ever said anything serious in 3 or 4. They are usually totally stupid and now all of a sudden they are serious? Lame. The one thing I did see that was good is that the character animations look better than in Fallout or the previos ES games. So that is cool I guess. "
Well maybe only the Nords that get out Skyrim are dumb and the ones that actually live there are serious :) 
#48 Posted by Arcane_Workshop (58 posts) -

It won't be long before you start seeing naysayers, and overly negative comments about it. Not because of genuine difference of opinion for the genre/series, but because its hip this day in age to hate on things.. especially if its something good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.