Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

I've stopped playing Skyrim.

• 56 results
    entmoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By entmoot

Hey,

I just kinda stopped playing Skyrim. The games looks great, sounds great, and even makes me feel great when I go outside and realize my eyes are burning hot embers from staring at a computer monitor in a poorly lit room. But... like, it's just, well...

I guess what I meant to say is that after 70+ hours of play, and that is with only 5 main missions completed, my interest in the universe has waned considerably. I have no real reason to stop playing, but no real motivation to continue playing. I don't even know half of the characters names or why things are happening in Skyrim, but this game is pretty pretty, right?

Maybe I need only log 70 more hours into the fantastic "Nature Walk With Caves: V5" to get a firm grasp around the head of Skyrim.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Good for you. I'm still way into Skyrim. Strange how that works out. I'm playing my Wii too. Skyward Sword. I guess the Sky's the limit for me.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Who gives a shit whether you stopped playing it or not. I haven't played it in a week, want me to start a thread so we can discuss it further?

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By matthias2437

I know how you feel. Although I finished the main quest, and all of the guilds. But after I finished the last guild I had no drive at all to play the game anymore. It went from me not being able to stop playing, to not touching it for the last 5 weeks in a matter of an hour.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting.  

We hype shit up real bad, we buy it day 1 without any considerations, we play that shit in a perpetual grind as we glance at our gaming peers through forums to see how their grind is going, we exploit and explore and disclose the games to the core, publishing it all in guides and announcing it in videos, and then a freakishly large amount of hours later (freakish because it's HUGE compared to the period of time it happened within) we'd fucked the game inside out and ditched it like you have. 

Seriously, Skyrim is probably the biggest most content-filled and surprise-ridden video game jewel to happen in years, and look at yourself my friend, after two months and 70 hours you don't want to touch it anymore. 

The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By innacces14

Over a hundred hours in, level 49 with my Archery/Sneak character and starting up on one-handed thanks to Snide talking about how his Skyrim run evolved into "Thief 4". Also this...

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shiftymagician

I've taken a break from Skyrim due to the games I bought on Steam's christmas holiday sale, but once Bethesda releases the Creation Kit and mods start being made in a proper, manageable and modular fashion like they have before in previous ES games, I'll go back to play a game with all new experiences.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@AhmadMetallic said:

The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting. We hype shit up real bad, we buy it day 1 without any considerations, we play that shit in a perpetual grind as we glance at our gaming peers through forums to see how their grind is going, we exploit and explore and disclose the games to the core, publishing it all in guides and announcing it in videos, and then a freakishly large amount of hours later (freakish because it's HUGE compared to the period of time it happened within) we'd fucked the game inside out and ditched it like you have. Seriously, Skyrim is probably the biggest most content-filled and surprise-ridden video game jewel to happen in years, and look at yourself my friend, after two months and 70 hours you don't want to touch it anymore. The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting.

lol herpderp.

I've logged 200 hours into Skyrim. On one character. I have done everything there is to do and then some. Hell, at least ten of those hours are for doing random thieves guild and companions quests that auto-generate. Why? Because I was bored and there was nothing else to do.

Don't act like Skyrim doesn't have serious issues. One of those issues is player motivation. You know, that spark in a game that makes you want to press on. The main quest is supposed to be where all of the cool story stuff happens, but as it turns out it's about on par with the rest of the guild quests in this game. Nothing of consequence happens, and there are no serious changes. How you end Skyrim (whenever you end it) is in the exact same place you started. Skyrim is a huge, expansive world, sure, but they sacrifice all depth for breadth. If Skyrim has taught me anything, it's that I'd much rather have a focused, smaller game with deeper stories and mechanics. I liked exploring Skyrim's landscape as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, you can only do that once. After it's done, it's over, and without strong characters or a reason to keep playing, people will put it aside and never go back.

I'll probably pick Skyrim up when expansions are announced for it, or those ten dollar packs Bethesda did for Fallout 3 make their way in, but aside from that... there's no reason to return to Skyrim, and that's not 'disgusting,' that's someone knowing when they're done with the game they bought.

entmoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By entmoot

@AhmadMetallic: And it's not just Skyrim.

Vapid characters, "Photo-realistic" vistas, or should I say "beautiful" vistas, linear story and development, massive budgets, and extreme levels of hype have made modern, non-indy games a completely different form of entertainment than what have always thought they were. Now with that said, I don't believe that games should be all that different. This step in the gaming timeline is necessary; I just like to think that these are the in-between years for the real gaming glory.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ketchupp

I haven't played since 12/12/11. Pretty interesting isn't it?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Claude
    @KingWilly said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting. We hype shit up real bad, we buy it day 1 without any considerations, we play that shit in a perpetual grind as we glance at our gaming peers through forums to see how their grind is going, we exploit and explore and disclose the games to the core, publishing it all in guides and announcing it in videos, and then a freakishly large amount of hours later (freakish because it's HUGE compared to the period of time it happened within) we'd fucked the game inside out and ditched it like you have. Seriously, Skyrim is probably the biggest most content-filled and surprise-ridden video game jewel to happen in years, and look at yourself my friend, after two months and 70 hours you don't want to touch it anymore. The state of gaming today is utterly disgusting.

lol herpderp.

I've logged 200 hours into Skyrim. On one character. I have done everything there is to do and then some. Hell, at least ten of those hours are for doing random thieves guild and companions quests that auto-generate. Why? Because I was bored and there was nothing else to do.

Don't act like Skyrim doesn't have serious issues. One of those issues is player motivation. You know, that spark in a game that makes you want to press on. The main quest is supposed to be where all of the cool story stuff happens, but as it turns out it's about on par with the rest of the guild quests in this game. Nothing of consequence happens, and there are no serious changes. How you end Skyrim (whenever you end it) is in the exact same place you started. Skyrim is a huge, expansive world, sure, but they sacrifice all depth for breadth. If Skyrim has taught me anything, it's that I'd much rather have a focused, smaller game with deeper stories and mechanics. I liked exploring Skyrim's landscape as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, you can only do that once. After it's done, it's over, and without strong characters or a reason to keep playing, people will put it aside and never go back.

I'll probably pick Skyrim up when expansions are announced for it, or those ten dollar packs Bethesda did for Fallout 3 make their way in, but aside from that... there's no reason to return to Skyrim, and that's not 'disgusting,' that's someone knowing when they're done with the game they bought.

Your whole post was herpderp lol. Just saying.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yep, we're so spoiled.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ninjakiller

Level 56, 140 hours in, and I'm tapped as well. I finished just about everything, so starting Saints Row the Third is what I'm playing now. Give me 6 months and maybe I'll do it all over again.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with 70 hours? Compared to most modern non multiplayer games that's a pretty good value proposition.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Scrawnto

Cool? I've stopped playing more games than I can count. Some of them are pretty high profile ones too. I stopped playing Batman: AA after 8 hours, and Darksiders after 9. I stopped playing AssBro after 7. I only got 6 hours into Dead Space 2. Those are all fine games, but sometimes you've gotta take a break. That doesn't mean those games are terrible compared to Saints Row: The Third, which I played to completion, or Skyrim, with which I've logged a mere 41 hours.

eminenssi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eminenssi

I kinda experienced a noticeable drop in my interest to play the game around xmas. I had probably progressed somewhere to 75% complete of the main story, had good 8-10 shouts of variable levels unlocked, maxed out the most important skills and despite there being still loads to be done, I couldn't be bothered. Think I had some like 80 hrs clocked on that single character. I knew there was tons to see still, but I also felt I had ran across repetition in dungeon design, loot, NPCs and voice acting. But you know what? Not a problem.

Skyrim so damn open ended, that most of the time running out of things to do is the result of the player running out of imagination, not content running dry. I had a very min/max'y playstyle, which I was totally aware of and I know it has the tendency of trivializing alot of the content.

One thing I did roleplay very strickly though, and that was doing only the quests I felt appropriate to my fighter, which meant no thieve's guild or mage academy. So I still have as much adventuring to be done as many characters I can get up with, That combined to the upcoming release of the mod tools and official DLC, while I may be tired of Skyrim now, I know I'm gonna get hyped up eventually to play several hundred hours more of it.

Also, what's with the douchiness against the OP? Did I miss the meeting where was made mandatory to act like dicks if someone doesn't praise Skyrim blindly. Props to the one dude who posted a video depicting an creative thievy playstyle, am now interested in taking that approach myself.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By Atlas

I've reached almost exactly the same point, only it took me 200 hours to get there. It's a shame that I am feeling Skyrim fatigue, especially since there is still so much I haven't done in that world, but it should be acknowledged how fucking mindblowing it is that it took me 200 hours to get to this point. It's still possible the best game I've ever played. Or at least my favourite. Whatever.

Since I fell off of Skyrim, I've put about 50 hours into Total War: Shogun 2, and let me tell you, that game is fucking epic. It's like someone decided to make Civ but actually make the combat fun.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I don't play it obsessively anymore, but I do load it up every now and then. I pick a few random quests and see where they take me. Yesterday I got my Master Destruction spells and had a grand time shooting lightning death from my hands in the middle Whiterun. Today I looted a few random caves over the course of forty-five minutes. Didn't get much from it, but we'll see what next time brings.

Once the expansion comes out of course I'll be back deeper and harder.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

I haven't played really since before Christmas, Skyrim is fantastic, but I would rather spend my time playing other games than just one game.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#20  Edited By the8bitNacho

@AgnosticJesus said:

Who gives a shit whether you stopped playing it or not. I haven't played it in a week, want me to start a thread so we can discuss it further?

The last time I checked, this was a discussion forum. I assume the OP is attempting to start a discussion, sharing with the community that he has lost interest in Skyrim after a rather large time investment. I think the bigger point is, why don't you go contribute elsewhere rather than throwing up in the OP's face? What does it matter to you that he wants to talk about the fact that he's lost interest in a game?

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sayishere

Felt the same way after like 25 hours. I lost interest in the story (which is always something that drives me forward in games). I just ended up walking around finding bad quest lines tbh.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jetsetwillie

im the same with chicken.

i mean i just eat chicken for like 3 months solid and now im sick of it. its like you now what i mean... is it just me that eats stuff for like months on end and then gets tired of it.

ffdthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ffdthree

@Claude said:

I guess the Sky's the limit for me.

I almost hate you for this comment.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Claude
    @ffdthree said:

@Claude said:

I guess the Skies the limit for me.

Almost is good. I have a chance.

Shit it should have been the Sky's the limit. Maybe edit, do it.
    ffdthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ffdthree

@Claude said:

@ffdthree said:

@Claude said:

I guess the Sky's the limit for me.

Almost is good. I have a chance.

Hey, there's always next time.

Also, your problem has been solved on my end.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hargreaves93

When I bought it I played it for about 2-3 weeks in little bursts. I can understand why people put so much time into it but I haven't been able to do that! I'm planning on re-playing once my coursework is in but I literally completed the main quest and the Civil War and then just put the game away.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fini_fly

@Kombat: Thank you Kombat! You beat me to the point here. If you don't want to intelligently contribute to the conversation, then please go somewhere else.

@Entmoot: I feel the same way and I was going to start my own post about this just to see how others feel. I've even put my copy up on ebay to get some cash back to put towards something else.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped playing a LONG time ago. I can only go into the same drougr cave and fight drougrs for so long.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @KingWilly:  You did not just herpderp me bro, that shit ain't cool baby. 

Don't act like Skyrim doesn't have serious issues. One of those issues is player motivation. You know, that spark in a game that makes you want to press on. 

You are a dragonborn on a quest to kill the returning dragons and their masters. You have a magic college that defies you to master the art and become the arch mage. There's a Dark Brotherhood quest line that sends chills down your spine as you sneak in the shadows doing their work while you watch their mysterious, eerie and creepy story evolve slowly. There's a war and you can take one of the two sides and work for them.  
    And most importantly, there's an infinite-feeling world in front of you were tragedies happened, explorers vanished, evil men conspired, various parties fought over power and control, and so much more... 

All of those storylines and quests and tales, in addition to one of the greatest skill & perks system in a game that gives you a great sense of achievement, none of that is a spark of motivation to you? come on.  How the hell did you go on for 200 hours without motivation anyway?

The main quest is supposed to be where all of the cool story stuff happens, but as it turns out it's about on par with the rest of the guild quests in this game. Nothing of consequence happens, and there are no serious changes. How you end Skyrim (whenever you end it) is in the exact same place you started. Skyrim is a huge, expansive world, sure, but they sacrifice all depth for breadth. If Skyrim has taught me anything, it's that I'd much rather have a focused, smaller game with deeper stories and mechanics. 

The fact that you fail to see the unique experience that Skyrim provides and would rather replace it with yet another Mass Effect is really a shame. Keep confining yourself in that gaming mentality that only enjoys "serious business" storytelling, you're missing out on the gaming part, dude. 

I liked exploring Skyrim's landscape as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, you can only do that once. After it's done, it's over, and without strong characters or a reason to keep playing, people will put it aside and never go back.

That game provided you with two hundred hours of entertainment, you're damn right it's expired! Why the hell must every game have you play it twice, when it can have you play it once for a longer period of time than 10 other games put together can? Again, you're still going by these new-found "literary storytelling" standards and missing out on anything that doesn't do it the Bioware or Remedy way.
    MonkMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonkMe

Yeah, same thing happened to me right around the 60 hour mark. It was very sudden. I partly blame the lack of challenge for leveled up players (sometimes that is just the nature of the beast). However, 60+ hours is still pretty awesome.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By James_ex_machina
    @AgnosticJesus
    Yes. Lets discuss why you haven't played it in a week. Are you feeling ok?
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Potter9156

Doing quests and walking around the world is great fun, but the dungeon designs and loot are just so phenomenally bad I couldn't play anymore. I'll go back to it eventually, but man, those dungeons are so terrible. And the loot being so worthless turned doing quests into a chore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I did too. I played it for 45 hours. I don't feel as if I accomplished anything. The storyline payoffs for the quests (that I did, at least) were not thrilling. I understand there's another 105 hours after the 45 I played. I just wish all the best parts of those 150 hours were compacted into the 40 that I wanted to play.

Also, I felt no connection to Braer the Breton, my character. I didn't feel like I had a personality, maybe because all the dialogue trees have single options. More like dialogue lumber.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

(sorry, can't edit, on my phone

I will say that the opening 5 or so, when you don't have anything, you don't know much, and the world just sits there in front of you are pretty great. But once you figure out how Skyrim works mechanically, it feels incredibly bare.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Potter9156 said:

Doing quests and walking around the world is great fun, but the dungeon designs and loot are just so phenomenally bad I couldn't play anymore. I'll go back to it eventually, but man, those dungeons are so terrible. And the loot being so worthless turned doing quests into a chore.

wow phenomenally bad... that is bad. what would you suggest they do in the future to make it better. how do you make 'cave' seem less cavey

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Bwast

@AhmadMetallic said:

What difference does it make if that 70 hours is over 2 months or 2 years?

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arker101

@AhmadMetallic said:

You are a dragonborn on a quest to kill the returning dragons and their masters. You have a magic college that defies you to master the art and become the arch mage. There's a Dark Brotherhood quest line that sends chills down your spine as you sneak in the shadows doing their work while you watch their mysterious, eerie and creepy story evolve slowly. There's a war and you can take one of the two sides and work for them.
    And most importantly, there's an infinite-feeling world in front of you were tragedies happened, explorers vanished, evil men conspired, various parties fought over power and control, and so much more...

All of those storylines and quests and tales, in addition to one of the greatest skill & perks system in a game that gives you a great sense of achievement, none of that is a spark of motivation to you? come on. How the hell did you go on for 200 hours without motivation anyway?

The fact that you fail to see the unique experience that Skyrim provides and would rather replace it with yet another Mass Effect is really a shame. Keep confining yourself in that gaming mentality that only enjoys "serious business" storytelling, you're missing out on the gaming part, dude.

That game provided you with two hundred hours of entertainment, you're damn right it's expired! Why the hell must every game have you play it twice, when it can have you play it once for a longer period of time than 10 other games put together can? Again, you're still going by these new-found "literary storytelling" standards and missing out on anything that doesn't do it the Bioware or Remedy way.

That's just it though, not every gamer is able to appreciate every aspect of every game. I'll tell a quick story. I was playing Battlefield 3(I did enjoy and still am enjoying Skyrim, I just realized I needed to take a break and come back later to prevent myself from burning out on it) and a friend who is one of the people who has the serious gaming mentality that you speak of joined my XBL party. He said "Done with Skyrim? Yeah it was pretty lame, all I did was glitch all my stats to 100 and own the main game and Dark Brotherhood." This guy has also said that he hated Borderlands because its "Graphics and shooting were too stupid and cartoony and was for little kids." He plays WoW all the time. There are other things he said, but I won't traumatize you with any more.

So yeah, I know the "Mentality" of which you have stated.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Potter9156

@jetsetwillie said:

@Potter9156 said:

wow phenomenally bad... that is bad. what would you suggest they do in the future to make it better. how do you make 'cave' seem less cavey

My problem with the dungeons is that they're all linear. In every cave/ruin you follow the narrow path from point A to B, then open the hidden door that leads back to the entrance. It's boring as shit doing that with 50+ caves.

You solve this problem by making the dungeons more open, like this:

Look at that dungeon! All those side passages, hidden areas, wide open spaces, and the loot. In comparison, Skyrim dungeons are like a COD level.

Guestuse1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Guestuse1111
    No Caption Provided
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Yanngc33

Same here, couldn't give two shits about the universe

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laserbolts

I haven't played it since November. Mostly due to all the other games I bought afterwards. I'll be back on board when we get some DLC for it. I'm gonna go pick up dark souls today so hopefully I'll get a load of playtime out of it.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By InternetCrab

I can't believe you stopped playing Skyrim, what is your secret? I have been addicted to The Elder Scrolls drug since Morrowind, fabulous, amazing Morrowind. Then Oblivion and Skyrim. I probably spent 100+ hours on Morrowind and about 100 hours on Oblivion and in on my 70th hour on Skyrim.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@innacces14 said:

Over a hundred hours in, level 49 with my Archery/Sneak character and starting up on one-handed thanks to Snide talking about how his Skyrim run evolved into "Thief 4". Also this...

That's probably the worst cover song I've ever heard. I literally felt sick to my stomach listening to that, could only make it half way through.

That is all.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Animasta

yeah I'm pretty much done with Skyrim too, because I don't give a shit about any of the characters. During one of the Daedric quests, I had to sacrifice someone, so I just sacrified the companion I traveled with for 10 hours because who cares! all the companions are all the same

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By buckwatters

@Entmoot: I'm with you brother...

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Talis12

@Ketchupp said:

I haven't played since 12/12/11. Pretty interesting isn't it?

thats a good reason because everyone should drop what they are doing on my birthday..

as for Skyrim, after 100+ hours i also had a bit of "its enough for now" feeling.. i finished the main story, i explored every inch of the world and was looking at all those other games i bought and didnt touch yet.. so i dropped it, played a few weeks of BF3.. and am now finishing up on Batman Arkham City.. just a handful of Riddler trophies left.. after that, who knows

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By foggel
    @innacces14: Haha Thief 4. I just realized that's how I play the game.
    Neeshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Neeshka

In retrospect I had some fun with skyrim; but I remember it mainly for the initial exploratory awe. Skyrim has a really pretty setting; and a lot of it does look exceedingly good. But for me that's about it. To me, skyrim falls completely flat on every other aspect that would be relevant to an RPG or a video game.

After a point there really isn't any incentive to play the game. And every quest ends up being fast travel to a cave; clear out draugr and return with an irrelevant item. The combat isn't satisfying or good enough to keep you engaged; there isn't any cool new items since crafting in skyrim trivializes everything, and there isn't any compelling sub-plot for any of the quests. There's the obvious list of issues with the game - combat, ai, perk balance, bugs, challenge, quest quality and so on; not really going to go into that too much; everyone knows them by now.

For me the whole "living, breathing world" didn't really do it for me. Sure there's hundreds of npc's that have similar voiced dialogue options; but the whole thing seems sterile and lifeless. Skyrim in a sense is a sea of mediocrity; this is probably the result of the game being too big. A game like GTA4 felt much more life-like to me for example.

Maybe once the creation kit comes out the game will be worth going back to.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By McGhee

I stopped playing weeks ago. Right now I'm running through Final Fantasy XIII, yeah that Final Fantasy, and I am enjoying myself immensely.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jimbo

Oh noes I only found the motivation to keep going for 70 hours, what a shitty game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.