Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Just like in real life I regret getting married.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By EightBitShik

I am loving Skyrim to death the game is simply amazing. I am a little frustrated right now because I am having the problem of my menu screens not loading instantly. The lag at times can be up to 30 seconds and when you are trying to switch out weapons or change to magic in a fight this can be really frustrating. Checking my map, looking up quests and gear is affected by this. Instead of putting down the controller to wait for a patch I am just sticking with it because I am enjoying the game way to much to stop.

The only thing that has really bothered me despite her being a damn good sugar momma is my wife in the game. I can't spend 5 minutes in my own home and I think I might just kill her. Below is a photo I made to show my frustration with her.

No Caption Provided

Is there anything in the game so far that has just kind of driven you mad that isn't a Daedric god?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

I am loving Skyrim to death the game is simply amazing. I am a little frustrated right now because I am having the problem of my menu screens not loading instantly. The lag at times can be up to 30 seconds and when you are trying to switch out weapons or change to magic in a fight this can be really frustrating. Checking my map, looking up quests and gear is affected by this. Instead of putting down the controller to wait for a patch I am just sticking with it because I am enjoying the game way to much to stop.

The only thing that has really bothered me despite her being a damn good sugar momma is my wife in the game. I can't spend 5 minutes in my own home and I think I might just kill her. Below is a photo I made to show my frustration with her.

No Caption Provided

Is there anything in the game so far that has just kind of driven you mad that isn't a Daedric god?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By endaround

The menu is annoying. It seems to happen when animation is going on for me. Looting floating corpses tends to always cause it to happen. One follower of mine got knocked into a pool in Whiterun and now is stuck forever underwater. But the terrible UI still takes the cake.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EightBitShik

@endaround: I don't know why I did it to myself but I looked at some interface mods online and wished I had this game on PC. I don't even have the game, I am playing my roommate copy that he hasn't touched since he bought it. ^_^ thank god or else I wouldn't be able to play it for quite some time.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EightBitShik

My menu just lagged for literally six minutes.... I am going to have to wait till a patch this sucks :(

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mikey87144

@EightBitShik said:

My menu just lagged for literally six minutes.... I am going to have to wait till a patch this sucks :(

PS3 I assume. I'm 200+ in on PS3 and that has not happened to me. Lucky me I guess.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EightBitShik

@mikey87144: Actually no, this is on the 360. I think it has something to do with the cache, but I am afraid to delete my cache because i"m not tech savoy so I am afraid it will delete important information. So I think I'll wait for a patch but knowing me i'll boot the game up here in a few minutes haha.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

Funny image above. It reminds me of the blacksmith woman in Whiterun who continuous goes on about how she is not the best blacksmith in town and how she's the one who advises the Jarl's adviser. Please, lady I'm just trying to level here, so hang out somewhere else.

I had some weird map-crash-to-desktop problems yesterday, but bugs are inherent to Bethesda games it seems.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikey87144

@EightBitShik: Thinking about it you are the 5th person whose mentioned that to me and all the other cases were either PC or 360. It makes me wonder if most PS3 users with issues understand that all versions of this game are fucked in one way or another.

Anyway if you have multiple saves then upload the extras into the cloud storage thing and then delete all the extras. Also, and this has cost me so be vigilant, turn off auto saves. My game kept freezing and crashing when I had it turned on and since I turned it off it has stopped doing that as frequently. My guess is that delay is probably because of the auto saves.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EightBitShik

@PenguinDust: haha yeah I had to get my blacksmithing up to 100 so I know exactly what you are talking about haha. You are the first person to mention my picture I made it and was sad no one has said anything about it until now. I put it on other places and got great feedback.

@mikey87144: I don't have older saves anymore hoping that would fix it but that didn't seem to help. As far as auto save I only have auto saves on for when you enter a new area but I"ll try turning that off too.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikey87144

@EightBitShik: I just meant the menu saves, not the open door/fast travel saves. If you have an arcade unit you probably don't have it installed so go ahead and clear the cache then see if it makes a difference with the menus. Make sure you properly back up your saves though. The load times will be longer but you won't have to deal with the menu issues for a while.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Arker101

@PenguinDust: Some may call this junk, me I call them treasures.

All day, every day.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By superfriend

@EightBitShik said:

@mikey87144: Actually no, this is on the 360. I think it has something to do with the cache, but I am afraid to delete my cache because i"m not tech savoy so I am afraid it will delete important information. So I think I'll wait for a patch but knowing me i'll boot the game up here in a few minutes haha.

You can delete the cache by going to Settings/Memory and selecting your Harddrive/Memory Card. Press Y and select Clear System Cache or whatever it is called. Don´t worry, it won´t damage anything. You will just have to download all the patches again. In the case of Skyrim.. this game also has some problems when your save file gets too big (like every Bethesda game). Use the "Wait" function ingame, or just sleep for a couple of days (the game will clean up some of the corpses and other stuff left lying around every few ingame days.) Clearing the cache every 50 or so hours really helps with a game like Skyrim. Don´t wait for a patch, since it will likely not fix the menu issues you´re having.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @EightBitShik said:

Cache can safely be deleated. All it will do is remove your patchs. 
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By JoeyRavn

@EightBitShik: If you have a house that you don't use, you can move your wife there. You don't kill her, and she doesn't bother you.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By audiosnow

@mikey87144 said:

@EightBitShik: I just meant the menu saves, not the open door/fast travel saves.

It's likely this. What is your "Save on Character Menu" option set to? I believe it's under "Options > Gameplay.

I'm paranoid (rightfully so) so I have the character menu save every five minutes. This causes only about ten seconds of delay, but that could drastically increase if you have a very large number of saves, have completed a large portion of the game, or, as others have said, need to clear the cache.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EightBitShik

@Superfriend: ah thanks for the information, I'll try all these little tricks and see what is going on.

@JoeyRavn: What so she can sleep around with other men? I think not, she will have to die. I am sorry.

@The_Laughing_Man: I had no idea that is what it was for thanks.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @EightBitShik said:

@Superfriend: ah thanks for the information, I'll try all these little tricks and see what is going on.

@JoeyRavn: What so she can sleep around with other men? I think not, she will have to die. I am sorry.

@The_Laughing_Man: I had no idea that is what it was for thanks.

I can get you a link to do it if you want. Its simple and will not harm save. YOu will just have to reinstall the patches and it might be better. 
    Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pezen

I've mentioned it before, but being locked out of the Companion quest line (on the first quest) because the game killed a quest related NPC and didn't think twice about it, sucks.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Storms
    @PenguinDust: Games in general, actually. Precious few games have not crashed or frozen for me throughout the years, and most of those were small and linear or even 2D. And you'll note that the more ambitious a game gets and the more freedom it gives you, the more frequent and serious the bugs get. 

@EightBitShik: Good luck killing your wife. Wait, that sounded bad. 

I guess the thing that annoys me is the really snobby characters. Like High elves. But there's more bad than good -- for isntance, I'm really impressed that followers comment on spectacular sights, like a giant underground room with a waterfall pouring in from a surface river in the middle of it.
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EightBitShik

@Pezen: Yeah that does suck, I also want to thank you again for the gold man... I went back and watched a ton of "Random PC" and seeing the Daggerfall stuff was a blast. thank you.

@Storms: Yeah, exploring really lets you see some amazing stuff. I found a random ghost in the world and I followed him to find people robbing his grave. It wasn't a quest and just little things like that really impress me. I just wish I could fight dragons better I have had so many run off because I can't shoot them well enough with a bow to ground them. Someone told me that if I did the story it would be easier but I guess I still haven't gone far enough in.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Cut the bitch's head off and bury her in the backyard. It's what i did....oh wait, Skyrim, riiiight.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EightBitShik

@The_Laughing_Man: I finally got around to trying the "clearing of the cache" and it worked I have had zero lag about 8 hours later it started again but I can just clear it again yay!

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DoubleKR

my wife won't die. I just use her like I did Sheva (RE5), she is a great pack mule and since I'm a rogue she takes all the aggro like a champ!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EightBitShik

@DoubleKR: Mine just sits at home I guess I can't take her out. is it possible to divorce so you can get a fighting wife?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.