Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Level 50

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BraveToaster

Has anyone else reached level 50? I'm almost 53, now I have equipped Heavy Armor and a two-handed weapon, since their opposites are maxed out. It's also good to see that we still get perk points.

What are you doing now that you'be reached the hard cap?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I'll continue to stare at my Friends List and dream about the day when I too will be able to bask in the glory that is Skyrim. 

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting over and doing it all again

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

That was my plan, @mylifeforAiur said:

I'll continue to stare at my Friends List and dream about the day when I too will be able to bask in the glory that is Skyrim.

What's keeping you from playing?

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rattle618

Im 43 now, I think Ill hit 50 soon, but I dont want to start lvling up skills just for the sake of getting perks.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @Axxol: Money. Plus, I kind of want to hold-off playing the game until I can upgrade my PC to state where I can play any game that has been released in the last millennium. 
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cincaid

I'm at 47 and a half right now, and I definitely need to change my combat-tactics to keep leveling up. My sneak-snipe approach is awesome, but since I have 100 in Archery and Sneak (along with 100 in Lockpicking and Pickpocket) I should probably start getting up close and personal more often. I'm also working on Blacksmithing and Enchanting, but those are really slow to level up. So yeah...one-handed dual-wielding and light armor, here I come! After I reach 100 in those I'll probably start toying around with magics as well to keep perks coming in.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coakroach

God damn I want this game so bad, stupid PS3 being in other country and inevitable anger when they release a GOTY edition.

Is level 50 high enough to make combat insanely easy? I'm curious to know which level my character will have to reach before he goes mad with power and murders everyone in the world.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cincaid

@coakroach: As I wrote above, I'm level 47 right now, and I can say that almost everything (except dragons and obvious named bosses or creatures) dies from one arrow while I'm sneaking, since I do 3 times the damage on targets unaware of me. I have a really good bow though which I have also upgraded with Blacksmithing. Frankly it feels it's getting a bit too easy so I might bump the difficulty up (been playing on Normal). I can't really say how easy the game is for magic or melee users though, but the sneak-snipe approach is a cakewalk 99% of the time.

The only trouble I might run into is out in the open if I'm careless, since my approach to combat is relying heavily on me getting the first hit while sneaking.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

@coakroach said:

God damn I want this game so bad, stupid PS3 being in other country and inevitable anger when they release a GOTY edition.

Is level 50 high enough to make combat insanely easy? I'm curious to know which level my character will have to reach before he goes mad with power and murders everyone in the world.

Combat is gets pretty easy around 30. My light armor was high, so that helped quite a bit.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Just hit lvl 55 and yeah with 2 Daedric swords with a base damage of around 101 kind of just mow everthing down lol

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I am level 54, and DAMN levelling gets slow after 50. I've also reached the point where gear gets kind of wonky since I am invulnerable with my 1500 armor daedric armor.

As a side note, 50 is the soft cap, 81 is the hard cap.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By Yanngc33

@Axxol said:

Has anyone else reached level 50? I'm almost 53, now I have equipped Heavy Armor and a two-handed weapon, since their opposites are maxed out. It's also good to see that we still get perk points.

How many hours did it take you to make it to level 53? I'm almost level 16 and I've played 20 hours....

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BraveToaster

@Yanngc33 said:

@Axxol said:

How many hours did it take you to make it to level 53? I'm almost level 16 and I've played 20 hours....

My save says 101 hours.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I reached a 45 level character, then i started a new one. The new character is about to hit level 40, but i think I'm gonna start another character. I know, i have a problem.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By babblinmule

I'm level 49 right now, and for most of the game I was playing as full-on mage. However around level 45 I realised that even my expert level destruction spells weren't causing that much damage to most enemies anymore. So I've therefore been forced to start transitioning into playing as a battlemage with a sword, shield and heavy dragon armour. 

As a battlemage though, I'm tearing through almost everything in seconds - throw thunderbolts at long distance, and switch to sword and shield with 2 dremora lords as back up at close range.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

Got to 50+ 
    Took a break to play SR3.
    Still a lot of skills perks I want
    And still only done a fraction of the important stuff, and not even visited half the cities.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Leptok
    @Cincaid

I'm at 47 and a half right now, and I definitely need to change my combat-tactics to keep leveling up. My sneak-snipe approach is awesome, but since I have 100 in Archery and Sneak (along with 100 in Lockpicking and Pickpocket) I should probably start getting up close and personal more often. I'm also working on Blacksmithing and Enchanting, but those are really slow to level up. So yeah...one-handed dual-wielding and light armor, here I come! After I reach 100 in those I'll probably start toying around with magics as well to keep perks coming in.

Nex time u are in town, grab Iron ignots and leather strips and make a bunch of iron daggers, then enchant those. You can sell sell them and break even or make money.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

I've played the game for 30-40 hours and I'm lvl 18, am I doing something wrong?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Bollard

@coakroach said:

That level was 24 for me. Just having sneak at nearly 100 is pretty much game breaking, at least with 30x damage with the dagger. Can't wait to have the last sneak ability and be pretty much invisible when I crouch.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Robo

Steam is reporting 130 hours played (very inaccurate, as I tend to leave the game up while not playing...like now) and I'm 42.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By ZimboDK
    I'm on my second character now (took a break from my level 34 assassin) and just reached 31 on my warrior. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to level her, since I'm having a lot of fun with smithing and enchanting. Also, the Legendary Daedric Sword is a god damn beast against everything.

@Chavtheworld said:

That level was 24 for me. Just having sneak at nearly 100 is pretty much game breaking, at least with 30x damage with the dagger. Can't wait to have the last sneak ability and be pretty much invisible when I crouch.

The last sneak perk seems to be a bit hit and miss. Bears and other monsters don't seem to give a shit, and will just run towards you even if you crouch. Humanoid enemies seem to react properly to it though. At least in my game.

@Hizang said:

I've played the game for 30-40 hours and I'm lvl 18, am I doing something wrong?

Seems low for that amount of play time. Personally I activated the Lover Stone as soon as possible. It gives 15% faster skill progression on all skills. Definitely helps when you just want to level.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Hizang said:

No, everyone's pace is different.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By sickVisionz

The level cap is 80 right? I'm so happy that this game addresses one of my chief complaints about WRPG: low level caps. I've heard progress slows down a lot after 50 but I'm glad they made it like a JRPG where you can level and grind for 100+ hours before you hit the cap.

Anyways, I can't wait to play this game. I kinda hated Oblivion but this game seems like it fixes everything that broke Obl for me.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Hizang said:

Not at all. Leveling is based big time on what you're doing. I've gone hours and hours without leveling up at all, only to go do something else and go up 10 levels in a day. I was probably 30-40 hours in myself when I was around level 20. I went from 20 to 30 way faster though.

I notice some of my skills give me a bigger exp boost when they level than others do, but I haven't tried to figure out why yet.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fetchfox

@MideonNViscera: I've noticed this as well. Enchanting and alchemy gets you almost nothing level-wise, but restoration shoots me up almost half a level. I'm not sure how they weigh that system, but it might be that the skills that you can level fast will count less towards your actual level, though it seems almost random how they've allocated the chr-level worth of each skill.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By beforet

I wouldn't be surprised if they weigh the combat skill heavier than the craft skills. It's probably to avoid the problem in Oblivion where you could max our alchemy and have all the mobs one-shot you. An hour into the game.

marty_k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By marty_k

I'm level 20, my save says 35hrs. I'd say the combat is quite difficult and I need to be really careful with some bosses.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Beforet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they weigh the combat skill heavier than the craft skills. It's probably to avoid the problem in Oblivion where you could max our alchemy and have all the mobs one-shot you. An hour into the game.

I pretty much did that. It basically turned Oblivion into Dark Souls for me.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By McShank

@mylifeforAiur said:

I'll continue to stare at my Friends List and dream about the day when I too will be able to bask in the glory that is Skyrim.

its ok.. there are many who do the same.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pinworm45

I got to 48 on my ~100 hour save. Then I started over because I had full dragon armor with the free-spells enchants and I was just unstoppable. I saved all of the main quests (civil war, dragon, dark brother hood [Not a main quest I guess but my favourite part of Oblivion and I have been greatly looking forward too it]) but it was just boring to play.

So I started over. Now at about 20 hours I'm level 21 and having tons of fun again. I decided I was going to do the main quests earlier, but I keep finding side quests I didn't before and getting distracted..

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I am level 50, I am also the master of unlocking (because I got 100 in lock picking).

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Guys if your low leveled the easiest way to level up to pay a tutor to level your skill and then steal the money back (leveling both pick pocket and the tutored skill). This makes it extremely easy to level up to level 25ish in a couple of hours. Also smithing is piss easy as you just buy iron ingots and leather then make about 1000 iron daggers, you only need about 5000 gold.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Slaker117

I got to level 50 legitimately, and then used the Oghma Infinium exploit to max everything out just for kicks and got to level 81.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @MideonNViscera: @fetchfox

It's nothing to do with the type of skill, but with the level of the skill versus your level.
    The higher your character level the less each skill up will give you.
    The higher the skill level the more each skill up will give you.

So if you are getting skillups in skills that are very low (since you have not been using them) they will give you less progress towards your level.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Rhaknar

i got to 53 normally, and then used the quest book thing to get to 81, but by then i had another character and was pretty much done with the first one so it didnt bother me much to "cheat". that was with 105hours, then i played until about...127 and i finally stopped (which is a shame because i was enjoying my sneaky archer more than i enjoyed my initial mage...oh well)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.