Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Magic For Mages

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BasketSnake

I'm playing pure mage dual wielding spells. I've been thinking about leveling a bit of stamina just in case I want to change it up to a warrior style later on. What do you think? Do you level your magic only? I play high elf. Love the magic regen racial...it's pretty neat. I can't decide if I should spend points on all the destruction spells or just one. What's your plan?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I like the way you think. I want to use fire in both hands. Burn my foes to the ground.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Couldn't hurt, I'm going dual wield but I have put some points in magicka, I can heal myself fully and not even spend half of my mana on it.
    Power attacks (which use stamina) can really mess up things, so it'll work out.

Plus, longer sprinting!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pinworm45

For what it's worth, I can't fucking choose between playing an archer or a mage, so I've been leveling both a bit. When I play either style, I do fine. I'm level 9, only put 1 point into stamina, put like 3 into Magicka, and the rest into HP. Haven't had stamina issues when i'm archering.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Put some points into stamina for carrying weight, everything else goes to health.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm battlemagin' got my destruction and one handed about equal, though with more focus on the sword perks. Doing the first destruction perk once means even with 100 magicka you can send out a very long, extended stream of fire. I use it like a goddamn flamethrower and it's awesome. I should look into upgrading my magic capacity, but I haven't exactly been running up the limits of it often.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BasketSnake

Shit, forgot about encumbrance. Looks like I'll be mixing it up then. Funny story on the side....yesterday I entered Whiterun for the first time. I looked around and got my quests and stole stuff and talked to the jarl and did what I had to do. When I exited the main gate the message popped up with the drumroll sound - "Whiterun discovered". I had jumped over the fence when entering.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By sarahsdad

Haven't played yet, so this may be a really obvious thing, but do different races/creatures have resistances and weaknesses vs. different magic attacks?

flamex111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By flamex111

dont just play with one type of magic as theres meant to be many types of dragons...as using fire on fire dragon wont work nor using frost on frost dragon...

use more types of spells..

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

I'm going 'Battlemage.' Which translates to: Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration. Always have a sword and a spell in my hands. So yes, I'm certainly upgrading stamina. But for a mage? I wouldn't waste your precious level-ups on it.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mosdl

Right now I have a staff and fire, since the staff drains the stamina meter even though it does sparks damage. So magicka/stamina is important as I can't defend myself, so need to be swift.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BasketSnake

I'm all for using all types of magic but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend all my perk points into all three of the destruction trees. I'd rather max out one (I chose fire) and spend points in other trees.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.