Mods for my games.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

just about a week ago i got morrowind for my laptop and sice i am new to pc gaming in genrel cause i manly play on a consle i was woundering if any one could give me a list of mods for morrowind also a gide on how how to mod the game as well.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#3 Edited by Sumbog (485 posts) -

Install 7-zip onto you computer, when you download the mod open them up in a 7-zip archive, and then go to program files, steam, steammapp, then common, then morrowind- move the archived files into wherever they are supposed to go (usually explained in the read me file) within the morrowind folder, usually in the data folder. If my explanation does not help, youtube is a good place, also 7-zip can be found by a simple google search.

To open up 7-zip archive i usually have my recently downloaded open, and I find the file there, and right click it, then one of the options should be 7-zip, there is probably an easier way, but after I switched to downloading with chrome I find it the easiest for me.

#4 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

The stickies over at the official Elder Scrolls forums in the Morrowind Mods section should help you out.

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Sumbog: do i need 7zip to ues the mods

#6 Posted by Sumbog (485 posts) -

To install them it helps a lot, I'm not sure how to do it without 7-zip, the download is free and safe so it shouldn't be a problem downloading it.

@Z3RO180:

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Sumbog: cool thanks and when i download 7zip will itthe mod be in that fileor do i need to move the mod to it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.