Mods won't work! Help!

#1 Posted by CJduke (796 posts) -

So I have subscribed to a couple of mods like light daedric armor, daedric mask, assassin's creed armor, and some other ones, but none of them work. No one else in the workshop comments seems to be having problems, and there is videos of people using all these mods online. Does anyone know what could be wrong with my game? I am using older mods from before the workshops release, I have a post process injector mod, and dragon armor color mods, realistic night sky ext, could those be interfering somehow? Any help would be appreciated!

#2 Posted by Beaudacious (934 posts) -

Make sure your .eps's are checked.

#3 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

There's more than enough content in the game that you can probably live without the mods, recent patch might have done it.

#4 Posted by Lagaroth (171 posts) -

I think Steam Workshop downloads/updates mods when the Skyrim Launcher is run, so if you are bypassing that they might not have downloaded.

#5 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

Like Lagaroth said, make sure you let the Launcher run and download all of the mods. If you've done that, check on the mod itself where it adds the stuff. I know the Assassin's Creed armor is in a knapsack (or something) outside of the Riverwood trader.

#6 Posted by CJduke (796 posts) -

It looks like one of the old mods I had was messing something up with the download of the new mods, no idea why. Thanks for the help though

#7 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

They don't seem to activate for me unless I click the Workshop link(and login) from the Launcher. After that they seem to download and install themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.