Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Most flawed version?

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Floope

Do you think the ps3 will get the short hand of the stick again? Just not from a DLC perspective, but from a technical perspective. Past Bethesda games on the PS3 have been more buggy then the pc or xbox 360 counterparts.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

They haven't really shown anything from the PS3 version, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Dunno, don't see any reason to buy this on anything else but the PC though, so it doesn't matter.

Also, is memory serves, a few of the 360 DLC releases for Fallout 3 were pretty borked when they came out. At least from what I read, I didn't see any reason to buy that on anything other than the PC either.

According to Bethesda tho, PS3 development is no longer an issue.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/29378/ps3-development-is-no-longer-an-issue-says-bethesda

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Krakn3Dfx said:

Dunno, don't see any reason to buy this on anything else but the PC though, so it doesn't matter.

Also, is memory serves, a few of the 360 DLC releases for Fallout 3 were pretty borked when they came out. At least from what I read, I didn't see any reason to buy that on anything other than the PC either.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/29378/ps3-development-is-no-longer-an-issue-says-bethesda

All of the Fallout 3 DLC for PS3 was shit. PL was the worst freezing every 5 mins or so.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

@RobbleWobble:

It is way to early to say what version will be the most or least flawed.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I really hope the PS3 version is good.

I don't want to pay skyrim on my 360.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By awe_stuck

@RobbleWobble said:

Do you think the ps3 will get the short hand of the stick again? Just not from a DLC perspective, but from a technical perspective. Past Bethesda games on the PS3 have been more buggy then the pc or xbox 360 counterparts.

Think 360 gets it a lil early. Dont quote me, but I wouldnt be surprised if Skyrim DLC comes out a week or so early.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Think 360 gets it a lil early. Dont quote me, but I wouldnt be surprised if Skyrim DLC comes out a week or so early.

Believe I read that Bethesda has the same deal this time that they had with Fallout 3, XBox 360 will receive DLC 30 days earlier than the PS3, dunno if that'll count for the PC as well. I imagine there will be enough content in the game that it won't matter too much.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By awe_stuck

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Believe I read that Bethesda has the same deal this time that they had with Fallout 3, XBox 360 will receive DLC 30 days earlier than the PS3, dunno if that'll count for the PC as well. I imagine there will be enough content in the game that it won't matter too much.

Really doubt that applies to PC. Never heard of DLC on PC being held back.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

At this point, it's really hard to say. If Bethesda is smart, they'll have learned from their past mistakes on the PS3. Hopefully not at the expense of any other platform, though.

Myself, I've preordered on the PC because I heart the mod scene surrounding Bethesda's RPGs. Only 20 more days to go!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MikeFightNight

@Krakn3Dfx said:

I'm getting the PC version too, but how fucked up would it be if Skyrim pulled a RAGE? I have RAGE working sliky smooth now but that was a let down. Just glad I had Dark Souls to keep me entertained until the dust setttled. In fact, i'm still more into that than RAGE at the moment.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agent47

@RobbleWobble:Don't know if anyone said this yet but they've announced the DLCs only have a one month exclusive deal for 360 now.So after a month they will be up for PS3.So doesn't seem like they would have a problem with PS3.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@awe_stuck said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

I think it does apply to PC, from what I've heard about the DLC it seems that Xbox is getting it first out of the three platforms.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Animasta

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@awe_stuck said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

I think it does apply to PC, from what I've heard about the DLC it seems that Xbox is getting it first out of the three platforms.

of course, if skyrim used GFWL than I assume they would also be released on PC; but as Bethesda is using Steamworks...

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By infininja

@RobbleWobble said:

Do you think the ps3 will get the short hand of the stick again?

The short end of the stick.

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Floope

@Infininja said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Do you think the ps3 will get the short hand of the stick again?

The short end of the stick.

took long enough for someone to correct me.

@Animasta said:

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@awe_stuck said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

of course, if skyrim used GFWL than I assume they would also be released on PC; but as Bethesda is using Steamworks...

I'm pretty sure the agreement allows day 1 DLC for pc ( I'm pretty sure it didn't affect fallout).

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awe_stuck

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@awe_stuck said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@awe_stuck said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Could be possible. Think Microsoft has an exclusive DLC contract with Bethesda. IE they pay to have DLC early. also, pretty sure this means the content is released earlier then normal and could explain why you have to wait. Though they havent confirmed and im basically just talking out of my ass. it would seem to make sense

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Hizang

Oblivion was better on PS3 and 360 in terms of draw distance, loading times and texture pop in. But it never got any of the DLC, no horse armour for PS3!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Hizang said:

Oblivion was better on PS3 and 360 in terms of draw distance, loading times and texture pop in. But it never got any of the DLC, no horse armour for PS3!

Well it got Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles...and guess what?

Those were the only ones worth paying for.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#20  Edited By alistercat

You cannot necessarily attribute the gamebryo engines failings to this new engine, but the 360 is the primary platform and it is safe to assume that will be the best console version. Having learned some lessons now, one can assume the PS3 version will be just fine.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Jayzilla

The modding community made PC versions of Morrowind and Oblivion tons better than their console counterparts. Why would anyone play Skyrim on a console? That's like playing an FPS on a console. Flippin nubs.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By sungahymn

360 will have a lot of minor problems. PS3 will have less minor problems, but may have a significant problem as well. PC will have the least amount of problems, but the launch of the PC version may not go so well.

That's my speculation.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Hizang
    @Doctorchimp Yea but dude, NO Horse Armor!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.