New DLC trailer tomorrow

#1 Posted by fetchfox (1377 posts) -

It seems that Bethesda is releasing their first trailer for the next DLC tomorrow. They teased it with this image or their twitter a few days ago. What do you think it will be about, and what do you hope to see?

Source

#2 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

The mask design reminds me of some of the armor the Falmer wear. Maybe they're gonna stage a surface invasion?

(i don't know if that's a thing that happens in a quest already in the game or not)

#3 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1613 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Call of Cthulhu?!

#4 Posted by Sterling (2819 posts) -

How about they get on getting that PS3 DLC to work and out first.

#5 Posted by Zacagawea (1626 posts) -

I hope they get it right this time, Dawnguard was lame.

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -
@Captain_Felafel

Well Hermaeous Mora is a clear reference to Cthulhu so I fucking hope so. But that mask has its eyes closed like the dragon priest masks so who knows.
#7 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

What it's all about? For all we know it could be a trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online. But in all seriousness, It will be called Dragonborn & it will be about the ressurection of the Dragon Priests & the Dragon Cult. It will take Place on Solstheim, an island east of Skyrim, where you will also be able to ride a dragon. It will be released on wednesday12th of December 2012 (12.12.12) for all platforms. And no, I have no idea what I am talking about. We'll see.

#8 Posted by FreakAche (2957 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

According to the leaked data files, they're adding Solstheim, so it sounds like this will be the full on expansion, complete with a new landmass, that we've been waiting for.

#9 Posted by Irvandus (2937 posts) -

Not snow. I'm snowed out. I'm so snowed I can't snow without snowing on snow. Elder Scrolls: Skryim: Snowrim.

I'd like the setting to not be in Skyrim so we can get away from the snow motif.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19098 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Not snow. I'm snowed out. I'm so snowed I can't snow without snowing on snow. Elder Scrolls: Skryim: Snowrim.

I'd like the setting to not be in Skyrim so we can get away from the snow motif.

The next DLC will be at the North Pole and you have to stop Santa from becoming a Dragon that will take over the world. Also more Vampires...and dragons...and dragons. Did I mention dragons? Oh, and Rudolf is a mount once you save the day.

#11 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
#12 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@zyn: That's OK. It's a really good marathon.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I have the PS3 Version...

#14 Posted by fetchfox (1377 posts) -

@FritzDude: I read this as well, but it felt like a spoiler. Sometime speculation is better, and the trailer (teaser) gets released tomorrow so it doesn't matter that much.

#15 Posted by gaminghooligan (1541 posts) -

@Captain_Felafel said:

If only....

Also I have a feeling this is going to be you vs another Dragonborn, it was hinted at pretty heavily in the game you aren't the only one.

#16 Posted by Irvandus (2937 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

If only....

Also I have a feeling this is going to be you vs another Dragonborn, it was hinted at pretty heavily in the game you aren't the only one.

Is his name Ulysses?

#17 Posted by jeffrud (424 posts) -

I almost shit the bed over how awesome that mask looks. This might even make me boot into Windows again. HRRRRNG.

#18 Posted by Vinny_Says (5729 posts) -

Here's a wishlist:

• Christmas themed DLC where you have to break into houses and leave gifts
  • You get to fly a dragon around. Much cooler than fast travel
  • That gate that seems to lead to Morrowind is finally activated
  • If you got the dragon priest mask, you get crazy new powers (that image looks like the dragon mask after all)
  • Another muthafukkin dragonborn who you fight dragon fights with (Lair style)
#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

@Zacagawea said:

According to the leaked data files, they're adding Solstheim, so it sounds like this will be the full on expansion, complete with a new landmass, that we've been waiting for.

Man, I hope this is true. I would love a new land to explore.

#20 Posted by WesleyWyndam (163 posts) -

Dawngaurd and Hearthfire are the first Elder Scrolls/Fallout DLC that I haven't bought. Not including horse armor/weapon pack type stuff.

I hope this new content is better. I had no interest in Vampires or property management.

#21 Posted by FreakAche (2957 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

If those leaks from before are to be believed, you might be somewhat disappointed. It's apparently going to be in Solstheim, which is outside of Skyrim, but has a very similar climate.

#22 Posted by HappyCheeze (109 posts) -

As dragonborn, you'll have to fight octopusborn. You have to find a potion that makes you huge because octopusborn is fuckin huge, and you two will duke it out over Solstheim, in a godzilla vs big monster style.

#23 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I'll be pretty excited if this does indeed take place on Solstheim and I hope there's still some trace of the mining company/town we established there in Morrowind.

#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Still need to pick up the PC version of Skyrim. This is awesome news.

#25 Posted by jeffrud (424 posts) -

@HappyCheeze: The Elder Scrolls VI: Kaiju Battle Gaiden

#26 Posted by Wraxend (572 posts) -

@oulzac said:

How about they get on getting that PS3 DLC to work and out first.

This would be more helpful instead of releasing more DLC we can't play.

#27 Posted by Death_Burnout (3801 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

@Irvandus said:

If those leaks from before are to be believed, you might be somewhat disappointed. It's apparently going to be in Solstheim, which is outside of Skyrim, but has a very similar climate.

Thing is though, It's hardly all snow to begin with. They did a wonderful job with that.

That said, I don't know if I can get behind Solstheim again. On one hand I'd like to see it re-imagined, on the other...I don't want more snow! arrrrgh now you got me doing it. I guess it's too easy for them to not have to make a bunch of new art assets...

#28 Posted by HappyCheeze (109 posts) -

@Death_Burnout: Theres a twist... the snow becomes... LAVA SNOW

#29 Posted by Irvandus (2937 posts) -

@HappyCheeze said:

Alright I'm back on board now.

#30 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I cant wait, I had a blast with the DLC on the PS3 version 

#31 Posted by Animasta (14746 posts) -

if it takes place in a new landmass, then presumably it might work on PS3's? I dunno that sounds like something that's correct

#32 Posted by Sackmanjones (4773 posts) -

I imagine they didn't announce the platforms this will be on...

#33 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
I feel bad for laughing. They better fix that shit soon. And learn how to develop on the PS3.
#34 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Maybe I should play skyrim again....never did get around to Dawnguard.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (1223 posts) -

I want underwater citys and massive Dragon-like sea serpents 

#36 Posted by Aegon (5920 posts) -

That helmet kind of looks like a lady's downstairs parts.

#37 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@HappyCheeze said:

Alright I'm back on board now.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Floor is Lava Edition

@Aegon said:

That helmet kind of looks like a lady's downstairs parts.

*Puts on Sigmund Freud glasses* Now, tell me about your relationship with your mother...

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre
I feel bad for laughing. They better fix that shit soon. And learn how to develop on the PS3.
Oh hey it looks like this next update apparently fixes the PS3 version for DLC. Apparently.
#39 Posted by kerse (2124 posts) -

I liked dawnguard, but I hope its something more than another questline.

#40 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:
@MariachiMacabre
Oh hey it looks like this next update apparently fixes the PS3 version for DLC. Apparently.
Place every single "Yes!" .gif here
#41 Posted by Carlos1408 (1556 posts) -

Recently been playing Dawnguard. It's not bad, I don't love it. Maybe after I finish it I'll do it on the Dawnguard side and might like it more.

#42 Edited by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Here it is:

Dragonborn will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE on December 4. No information regarding a PC & PS3 simultaneous release at this time, or if this is a month exclusive for Xbox 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.