Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

New Engine sounds awesome!

• 65 results
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Gabriel
    @natetodamax said:
    " I really hope that the grass in the game doesn't generate in front of you like in Oblivion. That's one of the things that I didn't like about Oblivion; as you were exploring, everything in the distance was a blurry mess and slowly got covered in grass as you approached. It was weird. "
    Texture Pop-ins on the console versions are awful.
    DrChipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DrChipotle
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Marz:  It's not the animation department that was the issue with the older Gamebryo games. It's the way the engine itself handles and blends animations. This new engine is sure to fix those issues. "
    Thank you! You'd think it would be obvious that a successful AAA Game Dev wouldn't hire a bunch of shitty animators.
    DrChipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DrChipotle
    @TMThomsen said:
    " Their engine for Oblivion sounded awesome as well. "
    And it was. In 2006. Just because it looks like ass now doesn't mean it was never impressive. Although to be fair if you look up the E3 stuff for Oblivion it looked much nicer in previews than in retail.
    Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By ShadowKnight508

11/11/2011 can't come soon enough. I am so excited for this game I just don't know if I can wait that long for this sure to be epic masterpiece.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By vaiz
    @Jimbo said:
    " Shitty slow-ass trees confirmed!  Guess I'll wait for somebody to mod in SpeedTree®. "
    Wait, what? What's your logic on that?
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Jimbo
    @Amilmitt said:

" They probably dumped speedtree because of liscenseing fees.  if you check out the demos for speed tree, they are fully editable trees with physics and collisions as well as destruction. dumping speedtree is just a move to save some money.(also putting more pressure on the modeling team)  in the end there will probably be alot of trees that look the same. "

The SpeedTree licensing fees will be a non-issue for a project like this.  It was probably just easier to build their own from scratch rather than get SpeedTree to work with their other systems how they wanted it to (they seem to have a massive boner for how snow pitches on everything, so maybe that).

@punkxblaze said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " Shitty slow-ass trees confirmed!  Guess I'll wait for somebody to mod in SpeedTree®. "
    Wait, what? What's your logic on that? "
    jacoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jacoba

I really like how the new engine is looking though of course Bethesda makes a lot of promises about  there tech.  Behavior will be a huge improvement ( I don't think they have bad animators but that they limit themselves so that they can process that many animations at once with a nice framerate for consoles, thats why its easy for modders to fix them on the PC with no noticeable impact) but the physic's implementation seems light, it would have been cool to see Euphoria implemented to have more realistic animations when the characters get tired while fighting. I doubt Speedtree will be missed that much because even with it most trees looked the same and if it is in house tech they have more control over what they can do. I do wonder how much this is going to effect the construction set

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By tmthomsen
    @DrChipotle:   It looked amazing, but it was just as "broken" as the one used in Morrowind.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By FesteringNeon

I kinda hope they fix the floaty legs/ feet animation.. (do a circular motion with the left thumbstick in 3rd person view..for those who don't know what I mean)

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Agent47
    @Marz: Jaja don't worry they have taken care of that. They are using new software with realistic animations, and animation blending so they don't move all robotic like.
    JFetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JFetch

@Portis said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @SlashseveN303 said:
    " Does this mean they have something more powerful than Speed Tree now? Is that even possible? "
    HyperTree! "
    LightspeedTree!  
    Ludicrous Speed Tree! Someone tell them we want some plaid trees!
    ToxikPandaKoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By ToxikPandaKoi

wtf is speed tree? o.O

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By UncleDisco
    @ToxikPandaKoi:  i dunno... if only there were some kind of videogame database with all that kind of infomation!
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Yanngc33

Aw man the next fallout is gonna look ubelievable

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Example1013

I always found it hilarious in Oblivion that I'd have a higher skill level than some of the trainers, but could still try to purchase training from them. Also, that none of them wanted training from me.

I also enjoyed exploiting the training system by getting my destruction up high enough to use a drain 100 skill spell, then casting it on myself just before talking to the trainer. Constant 0-level cost was a nice money saver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.