New Skyrim DLC? OH MY GOD YES!!

#1 Posted by Grambo (21 posts) -

I'm not quite sure about all of you, but I am so amped for the Dawnguard Expansion! What side are you going to take and why? Also, how are you preparing for this change of gameplay.

#2 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to it. Although there's a bunch of on-disc content in Skyrim that I still haven't finished. I hope they add an entirely new landmass like they did with Shivering Isles for Oblivion and Bloodmoon for Morrowind. It would be kind of disappointing if it just added new quests in existing areas or in new, but small hub areas.

#3 Posted by Sumbog (484 posts) -

I still need to finish a lot of the content with my new character, but I am pretty pumped. I can't wait to see what they do next, hopefully involving Thalmor

#4 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (374 posts) -

All I know is in Skyrim, the most annoying thing to happen was to have Vampirism. Now that they've added it as a major role.... I may be the next Vampire Slayer...

#5 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I'm ready for it. I used up most of Skyrim's Material. I hope they manage to fix some of the real quest killing bugs like the companions one that I'm still suffering from.

#6 Posted by Hyuzen (451 posts) -

Donguard.

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I have no reason to play this, I have so much untouched Skyrim to play buying this just seems stupid.

#8 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

It's coming out at a great time. I'm just now getting back into Skyrim.

#9 Posted by Marcsman (3196 posts) -

120 hours in and almost finished The Mage College missions. I have not started the Way of the Voice or the Dark Brotherhood yet. Game is ridiculously large

#10 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

120 hours in and almost finished The Mage College missions. I have not started the Way of the Voice or the Dark Brotherhood yet. Game is ridiculously large

My character was at level 40 and I still didn't meet the Greybeards. Only reason I continued the main quest was so I could get the Oghma Infinium.

#11 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Not sure what side I will pick. Also my character is already a vampire so not sure if that will be a factor. Largely went vampire for a change and the fact that the Necromage perk seems to synergise with Vampirism. For some reason the whole improved spell effects vs. undead, also counts against yourself as an undead vampire. And by spell effects it includes racial buffs, passive magical buffs, enchantments off of gear, etc. All enhanced. Not that at lvl 77 the game isn't already easy enough and kind of tedious gameplay wise >.< Interested in the new content but at the same time I just can't seem to bring myself to even finish the core game after all this time.

#12 Posted by gtg12 (67 posts) -

I'm pretty psyched about this.

#13 Posted by tphickma (62 posts) -
@Grambo I'm excited to have the incentive to start playing again and finally get the oblivion walker achievement.
#14 Posted by Marcsman (3196 posts) -

@ThePickle: I fucked up the Daedric missions by killing the stupid talking dog and getting the Rueful Axe. It is not a Daedric artifact. So much for my Platinum trophy in one playthrough. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

I haven't played Skyrim in a few months in preparation for the game's first expansion, so I think this is pretty exciting. I'm thinking about siding with the vampires, since the main character I use is kind of a murderous fiend.

#16 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Was going to dive into skyrim after calling it on D3 & hitting whatever limit on that but with the wicked trailer I think I'll just hold off on skyrim until a couple weeks before the DLC to tie up any loose ends then see how the game changes with the DLC.

#17 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

@ThePickle: I fucked up the Daedric missions by killing the stupid talking dog and getting the Rueful Axe. It is not a Daedric artifact. So much for my Platinum trophy in one playthrough. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't met any talking dogs... yet.

#18 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

@Hyuzen said:

Donguard.

Dong Guard.

#19 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

@thepickle Go to Falkreath.

#20 Posted by Fattony12000 (7410 posts) -
#21 Posted by Encephalon (1262 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it. Sure, there are 3 cities in the main game I haven't even set foot in, but I'll buy Dawnguard anyway, because I have a problem.

#22 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

My excitement for this DLC is through the fucking roof. It's awesome, they're finally giving you a good reason to be a vampire. And crossbows are back!

#23 Edited by Master_Funk (733 posts) -

Is there any new land mass in the DLC? If not, have they said where its taking place?

#24 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

I'm not really into the idea of it, because I think vampires and the whole underworld thing is pretty lame, but if it turns out to be cool and I get it - I will guard the dongs and crossbow some dudes.

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@Master_Funk said:

Is there any new land mass in the DLC? If not, have they said where its taking place?

Yeah. They added like an underworld part where the vampire lords are.

I'm definitely gonna get it. The first time I go through it with my Orc I'm not going vampire, he's a werewolf anyway. Plus Dawnguard is actually going to add that cool Werewolf perk tree from the Bethesda Developer Mod gamejam. My dude is going to be all Van Helsing...except just the last 20 minutes where that movie's cool.

#26 Posted by Bane (405 posts) -

I'm waiting for Dawnguard to come out on PC before starting up a new character. I'm chomping at the bit over here!

#27 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I'd love to immerse into Skyrim once again. I was pretty disappointed I got S-rank after only 72 hours, and stopped playing it since.

#28 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Oh, I've been waiting all right. I'm excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.