Oblivion Walker achievement bugged? (Possible spoilers)

#1 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -

I just finished the last (15th) Daedric quest in Skyrim, but I still haven't got the achievement for it. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it possible that you have to have all the 15 artifacts at once? If so, I'm screwed because I've read oghma infinium a long time ago.

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ultimadark said:

I just finished the last (15th) Daedric quest in Skyrim, but I still haven't got the achievement for it. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it possible that you have to have all the 15 artifacts at once? If so, I'm screwed because I've read oghma infinium a long time ago.

Did you get all the items? You have to have the items. Not just finish the quests.  

If only there was an intern who could...O WAIT 

#3 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: I have all the items listed here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Quests in my inventory right now, except for the Ogma Infinium because I've read it, and it got destroyed, and the skeleton key because I return it. It also says that I've completed 15 quests in the stats page that appears when you press escape. Seems like a bug to me, which is kinda annoying since I have all the other achievements except one (which is get to lvl 50, and I'm 49.5 now).

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ultimadark said:

@The_Laughing_Man: I have all the items listed here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Quests in my inventory right now, except for the Ogma Infinium because I've read it, and it got destroyed, and the skeleton key because I return it. It also says that I've completed 15 quests in the stats page that appears when you press escape. Seems like a bug to me, which is kinda annoying since I have all the other achievements except one (which is get to lvl 50, and I'm 49.5 now).

According to the video you need the items. 
#5 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Unfortunately it seems like you're boned because you destroyed the book and returned the key. Rather unfair. Hopefully that's something they'll fix in that major patch next week.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

If you're on PC, a workaround would be to find out the item IDs of the objects you're missing and just spawn them.

#7 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Did you let that one guy destroy the staff in the one quest while everyone is asleep?

#8 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

I think it makes sense that consuming the book and relinquishing the key would take you out of the running for the achievement. I put the book on my mantle, and I'm going to keep the key when I do the TG on my main (my thief/assassin already has it, natch).

#9 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

I was kind of annoyed when I did all the quests because I thought that would complete the achievement. That is what the achievement should be, but it is just another reason to play the game again!

#10 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -

@DillonWerner said:

Did you let that one guy destroy the staff in the one quest while everyone is asleep?

Nope, I took that staff for myself.

@Cataphract1014 said:

I was kind of annoyed when I did all the quests because I thought that would complete the achievement. That is what the achievement should be, but it is just another reason to play the game again!

Agreed that the achievement should be for the quests, not items. Though I can't say that I want to grind through those quests on a new character for an achievement, I've already put in 68 hours on my guy and if I'm gonna do more stuff, I'm more interested in quests from mods than replaying the basic stuff.

@Ravenlight said:

If you're on PC, a workaround would be to find out the item IDs of the objects you're missing and just spawn them.

Wouldn't using the console disable the achievements? I'm on the PC though.

@CenturionCajun said:

Unfortunately it seems like you're boned because you destroyed the book and returned the key. Rather unfair. Hopefully that's something they'll fix in that major patch next week.

Yeah, lets hope they patch it!

#11 Posted by project343 (2817 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

That actually works? You just need all 15 items in your inventory at one time... completing the quests are irrelevant?

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Ultimadark said:

@Ravenlight said:

Wouldn't using the console disable the achievements? I'm on the PC though.

If Skyrim is anything like New Vegas, achievements are only disabled for the current session, just saving and exiting the game should do the trick unless the achievement is different this time around.

@project343 said:

@Ravenlight said:

That actually works? You just need all 15 items in your inventory at one time... completing the quests are irrelevant?

It's only a theory at this point, I should have worded my previous post differently :/

If someone tries it, please post and let me know if I'm right or wrong about this.

#13 Posted by project343 (2817 posts) -

@Ultimadark: You can console command all you want, they don't restrict achievements. TES games have always sort of been about making your own fun, designing your own personal quests and goals in your head. Removing the flexibility of console commands only ruins that. Plus, none of the Skyrim achievements are particularly difficult. They just take time.

#14 Posted by subtleglitch (8 posts) -

I had a few of the Daedric Artifacts already, and used the book, so I tried using console command for the items I was missing. and I did not receive the achievement. :/

#15 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

Oh god what? I think I sold one of those stupid things. BETHESDAAAAAAAAAA

#16 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (727 posts) -

The key doesn't count towards the achievement and you can still read the book and you'll be fine. I ended up getting the achievement before I got the Ebony Blade which was the last thing I needed. You can technically get 16 Deadric items ,which I did, if you help the were-wolf and then kill him.

#17 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (727 posts) -

You can actually miss 3 of the deadric items. The Staff if you don't take it, the mask if you kill the dog and something else thats not coming to mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.