Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

PC Control Issues - Certain keys not doing anything.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Guybrush

Is anyone else having problems with their PC controls?

In the inventory primarily, some of my keys do nothing. For example, it says you can click the right mouse button to assign a weapon to your right hand. I can't do this, only the left click works, so I can only assign to my left hand. I also can't use R to drop or F to favourite like it says either.

Anyone else get this?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By shinboy630

I've gotten it once or twice with trying to tab out of a conversation, but nothing really game altering like not being able to equip something like you describe.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Donos

I was just about to post, I remapped F to favourites and it worked for a bit, but now I can't chagne the contents of favourites. Tried remapping to q and restarting the game, and it still doesn't work.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Guybrush

I just loaded the game up again, and it was sorted, pretty much. I can now equip things to either hand, it's still kinda weird though. The game gets confused with what hand you're trying to equip to.

The whole interface is kinda strange. Like, on that "cross" menu, which allows you do select Items, Magic, Skills... why is items on the right, but the item menu then opens on the left, and the magic option is one the left, but the magic menu opens on the right?

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Donos

@Guybrush: The idea is you press left to pull the magic menu left into view, and you pull further left to go further into the menu. Same thing for inventory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.