Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Peaceful solution to "Missing in Action" quest?

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

Sorry if this has been asked before but I wondered if anyone else here has tried to complete the "Missing in Action" side quest peacefully. I chose this simply cause in most games like this where I can talk my way out of really bad situations I thought there would be a way to persuade the guards into letting Thorald Graymane go.

I had heard rumors that you had to join the legion and get a hold of a uniform then the guards at northwatch would let him go. However even after completing the civil war quest line being with the imperial legion. No such luck.

Any suggestions? Or is it even possible to resolve the quest peacefully? I mean why would they give you that option if you couldn't?

Again sorry if this is a repeat post.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Storms

No, the peaceful alternative wasn't finished in time for the release, so they cut it. It was supposed to be possible, as evidenced by the ability to console in a "writ of release" on the PC version. They just failed to clean up the strong implication that you could complete it peacefully.

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Atary77

@Storms: I had heard scant rumors about something along those lines but I didn't think it was true... damn

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

The best solution in any situation in Skyrim is to kill all those Thalmor bastards. Why would you want to be peaceful? The Thalmor are all basically James Bond Villains.

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Atary77

Guess I'm left with no other choice, ah well they can all taste the business end of my legendary Daedric sword.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By RelentlessKnight

i was pretty disappointed of that too, there was an option where you could wear legionnaire armor and disguise yourself as a Imperial

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By probablytuna

Hopefully someone will fix it once the Creation Kit is released.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Z3RO180

@Mikemcn: no they are to genaric to be bond villens.

snasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By snasic

So I find solution for this quest. So first you must join imperial legion and then finish quests till you dont get a j. Crown. So when get i crown you go to general tallius and you have two option. Ask him to relese guy and he will give you a letter but dont give then crown if you wanna join ulfric. Od give crown if you wanna stay in legion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.