Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Permadeath

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Before starting a new character in Skyrim, does anybody kill off their old character in a badass way before starting a new one? You spend hours and hours role playing as a character and building a story with them. Rather than abruptly switching to a new character and leaving the old one hanging, how many people have decided to end their old character's story by dying in a crazy or heroic way and then never return to that save file again? I recently thought about doing this but it might look cooler in my head than it would turn out to be. Has anyone done this, or can anyone think of a good way to permanently kill off a character in Skyrim?

Cheers

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Oh man, I wish I played enough Skyrim to have a playthrough I could consider complete.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

My last Skyrim character that I had played for over 150 hours was permanently killed when my hard drive deleted itself for no reason. That was pretty awesome.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BaneFireLord

I just let my first character retire. Walked him back to Breezehome, stripped off all the armor and sat down on a chair next to a plate of cheese and a bottle of mead. Felt like a pretty fitting ending.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If I did decide to "retire" my character in some way, it would probably be something like this:

I just let my first character retire. Walked him back to Breezehome, stripped off all the armor and sat down on a chair next to a plate of cheese and a bottle of mead. Felt like a pretty fitting ending.

In fact... this is about all it takes for me to want to leap back into the shoes of my old character, which I do from time to time just to run around. Ah, well, here goes! (must remove some mods first...

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This thread wasn't as hardcore as I thought it would be.

I'm leaving.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

I could sadly never do that in Skyrim because I could never get attached to my guy or the world. The missions just felt so bland and by the books. There was the odd interesting story from time to time, but the main over arching hero story just did nothing for me. Then the parts where nothing I did in the rest of the world seemed to affect anything in the self contained cities just made it like a series of instances where nothing I did in there really mattered.

Maybe VI will get the feel of the world and missions right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.