Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Q: Dragonborn dlc how do I get souls?

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MikeydCT

I'm playing through dragonborn now and I'm at the part where I need to level up a shout (bend will). I need 2 dragon souls to do it but the 2 dragons I have killed Miraak pops out of nowhere and says "FU this is my" (not really) and take them. Is this a glitch? I see post on gamefaq about Miraak glitch but not really explaining what it is really. If it is not a glitch how do I get souls for the upgrade?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Can you go back to Skyrim and get them there? I had a bunch leftover from playing through Skyrim so this wasnt an issue for me.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You can bank souls in Skyrim and bring them back. You cannot earn souls in the Dragonborn dlc till a certain point in the story I believe.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

strange he only stole one of my souls . just return to skyrim and visit any dragon lair they should give you souls

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

one of the dragons I killed was in skyrim and he still popped up. I guess I should go back to a save before starting it and get some souls and do it again?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capum15

@thebluthcompany: Wait wait wait, really?

...so that's why all those dragons I've murdered haven't given me souls? Like, they've just been dying and...nothing. Nobody stealing it, no ashifying dragon corpse, just...a dragon corpse.

I thought something bugged (literally ignored the story mission and did everything else first - found all locations and such), which wasn't too bothersome since I had a bunch stocked up, but was something I was really curious about. Haven't played in a while; should really go finish that up.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I actually had to install a driver update to get it to work right, and I think I had a mod that was interfering also. If you can't get them going back to Skyrim, just google the problem, that's how I solved it.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By TheBluthCompany

@capum15: Definitely finish the dlc; you get some cool rewards for doing so.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok found a dragon, killed it and got the soul.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Capum15

@thebluthcompany: Yeah, I've been meaning to get back to it, but other games have just happened. All the side stuff was definitely awesome...and I think it took me like, 3 hours or something stupid to just leave the first town (when, in the Quick Look, they left in about 20 minutes) just due to all the side quests and unmarked quests.

Started getting a little annoyed that the dragons weren't giving up souls near the end of that, but it's good to know why. Gives me more incentive to continue on. It's a great little island.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.