Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Region Lock Help

Avatar image for operationtophat
    OperationTophat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OperationTophat

Hey Everyone!

I live in China and have a Japanese region Xbox 360. I'm heading to Hong Kong tomorrow and I want to pick up a copy of Skyrim while I'm there. Does anyone know if the xbox version is region locked or could point me in the direction of a site that has the answer? I've already checked playasia.com and they don't know. Any help would be appreciated since I'm leaving in half a day. Thanks!

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KimChi4U

I live in Korea and have the same region Xbox as you and I ordered the Asian region copy from play-asia. Unfortunately, I won't see my copy in time to let you know if it's region locked. However, I'm going to assume it is because all of my other Bethesda discs are region locked. I hope that kinda helps. Oh, and hit me up with your gamertag, it would be nice to play games with someone in a similar time zone. Mine is Soju 25percent.

Avatar image for operationtophat
    OperationTophat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OperationTophat

@KimChi4U: Ha! I used to live in Korea and would love to play with you but my Japanese xbox is modded (hard to find unmoved boxes in China) so I can't play online. Hope your asian region copy of Skyrim works out for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.