Ride dragons in the third DLC for Skyrim, "Dragonborn".

#1 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The third piece of Skyrim DLC has a new trailer which includes ride-able dragons, a new dragonborn, and new enemies to face. While it doesn't have a release date, it'll still come out for 360 first due to the deal that both Bethesda and Microsoft have. So yeah, more Skyrim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OsROQUWaHnQ

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

'insert something about PS3 DLC here'

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9966 posts) -

Turning into Garry's Mod.

#4 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Fucking bastards........  

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

It's out December 4th, according to the trailer. And the 1.8 update apparently fixes the PS3 version for DLC.

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

You didn't think that you were the only one?

#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I hoped this was gonna be about dragonsex

And that the next expansion introduced cars so we could finally have dragons humping cars in Skyrim. With Brad reviewing it.

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

I can't wait to hear how the riding dragon mechanic breaks.

#9 Posted by Jothel (930 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I can't wait to hear how the riding dragon mechanic breaks.

probably fly backwards

#10 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3210 posts) -

WE MORROWIND NOW

#11 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

I hoped this was gonna be about dragonsex

And that the next expansion introduced cars so we could finally have dragons humping cars in Skyrim. With Brad reviewing it.

You beat me to it, but I can almost guarantee there's a mod out there for this already.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'd love it if the dragons flew backwards.

#13 Posted by Harpell (170 posts) -

Is dat some Telvanni towers I see?

#14 Posted by Pabba (355 posts) -

Is this turning into Panzer Dragonborn? I'm okay with that...

#15 Posted by wewantsthering (1570 posts) -

I got bored in the first hour of Dawnguard. I don't think I want anymore DLC. The main game was enough for me. Maybe in a year or so I'll come back to it. Too many other good games right now...

#16 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Definitely should have waited for this instead of buying Dawnguard.

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Very Morrowind-ish again. They should probably just set the next game there.

#18 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

That trailer was metal as FUCK

#19 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

I have a feeling this will be Skyrim's Shivering Isles, where Dawnguard was more the proverbial Knights of the Nine. By that I mean one is a smaller expansion that gives you a new faction and some new things to toy with, while the other is a full on new landmass expansion with a bunch of new shit worth talking about.

And yes, that does make Hearthfire the Horse Armor of the game.

#20 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Nah, I want Hammerfall up in this bitch. I ain't exactly sure how can they top dragons, but.

#21 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -

Looks cool, waiting for the deets

#22 Posted by akeripper4 (154 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: so january or february for pc then

#23 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:

I ain't exactly sure how can they top dragons, but.

Giant flying mudcrabs, ridden by a million Sheogorath clones.
#24 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@akeripper4

@MariachiMacabre: so january or february for pc then

Whenever Microsoft decides to throw any remaining table scraps to PC and PS3 users.
#25 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

I'm very excited for this. Anything that gives me an excuse to jump back into Skyrim. The hearthfire stuff was pretty underwhelming but I though Dawnguard was pretty great.

#26 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I haven't actually played any of the DLC yet; I never figured out when they were released on PC (I know the last two are already out now, though) and was too lazy too look them up. I'll probably get them all at once... eventually. Mods have got me covered until then.

#27 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The Dragonborn DLC will be available on December 4th for 1600MP.

#28 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

The Dragonborn DLC will be available on December 4th for 1600MP.

Do you remember how long it took for the last DLC to make it to all the other platforms? Was it a matter of weeks or more than a month?

#29 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus: Probably a month for PC users. Dawngaurd still isn't out on PS3.

#30 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

Loving the Telvanni and Redoran buildings! Redoran was my favorite house in Morrowind because they had kick ass armors, weapons, and architecture. Can't wait to play this. Looks like maybe some Dunmer refugees from Morrowind fled to Solstheim and rebuilt after the whole shitshow with Vivec and the Ministry of Truth.

#31 Posted by SlashDance (1818 posts) -

There's one thing I don't understand. I thought the whole reason why they got rid of levitation in Oblivion and Skyrim was because of the closed off cities, and now they give us a fucking dragon to ride around ? Unless they load in the cities at all times, which I very much doubt, won't this look kinda ugly when flying close to the ground near a city ?

Maybe that's nitpicky but I don't see the benefit of riding a dragon when you can fast travel anywhere anyway.

#32 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@SlashDance:

Well open cities already exist in the world. Altho they are the smaller ones. And the PC has always been able to handle bigger cities in gamebryo engine just fine, it is essentially a console limitation. So aside from exporting cities into the rest of the world like mods did before; they really only have to figure out how to make it workable on the 360.

The advantage is looking cool and breathing fire on the peasants below :P

#33 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

So this is like Lair right?

#34 Posted by ConfusedOwl (944 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

There's one thing I don't understand. I thought the whole reason why they got rid of levitation in Oblivion and Skyrim was because of the closed off cities, and now they give us a fucking dragon to ride around ? Unless they load in the cities at all times, which I very much doubt, won't this look kinda ugly when flying close to the ground near a city ?

Maybe that's nitpicky but I don't see the benefit of riding a dragon when you can fast travel anywhere anyway.

My guess is that you can only ride the dragons in the expansion area, which I'd imagine won't have any closed off cities.

#35 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

And the 1.8 update apparently fixes the PS3 version for DLC.

Where did you hear that? All I've heard is that Bethesda's still working on getting it fixed.

#36 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3340 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Nah, I want Hammerfall up in this bitch. I ain't exactly sure how can they top dragons, but.

Fuuuuck that we need a Black Marsh game. But a return to some of the things that made Morrowind awesome like the Guild/Faction system, and while I liked the way Skyrim did the perks I would like some of the old character building stuff back like spell crafting and hand to hand and those dumb fucking 3D Zelda-esque sidehops, back flips, an jump slashes.  

Anyway I'll pick up the GOTY of this, mainly because I never touched the other stuff and I'd hope this is a very big addition but they will do more small, kind of cool things like that Harvest Moon one they put out a couple months ago.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.