Rumored DLC "Redguard"

#1 Edited by IIGrayFoxII (304 posts) -

IGN is reporting that Bethesda has registered a trademark for "Redguard" and is listed as “downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices”.

Redguard are one of the playable races in the game and hail from Hammerfell which borders Skyrim to the Southwest. In the lore within Skyrim it is found that Hammerfell was invaded by the Aldemeri Dominion (you know them better as the Thalmor) and as part of the peace treaty between the Empire and the Aldemeri Dominion, large chunks of Hammerfell was given to the Thalmor. The Redguard refused these terms and as such drove the Aldemeri Dominion out and declared Hammerfell an independent nation. Redguards do not trust Imperials and hate the Thalmor which could play a role in the DLC (if it is true).

So what do you think? After spending hours in Skyrim and playing through Dawnguard and Dragonborn are you ready to spend even more hours in Skyrim?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/07/next-skyrim-dlc-could-be-called-redguard?abthid=50eb293bd6bd5993410000b4

#2 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Bad boys in skyrim Shit just got real

#4 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

I've had a blast going back into Skyrim. Keep the DLC coming!!!!!

#5 Posted by peritus (1014 posts) -

I really hope this means they are re-releasing Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard.

But probably not, would be an awefull name for a dlc though. Thats like saying Skyrim: Nord or Morrowind: Dunmer.

#6 Posted by Dimsey (954 posts) -

Long as they keep adding stuff I'll keep playing it. 

#7 Posted by HH (610 posts) -

hell yes, just like i was playing oblivion right up until they released skyrim, i'll be playing skyrim right up until the next one comes out. keep the dlc coming.

#8 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3205 posts) -

WHERE THE HOOD AT?!

(God, I'm racist...)

#9 Posted by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

@peritus said:

I really hope this means they are re-releasing Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard.

But probably not, would be an awefull name for a dlc though. Thats like saying Skyrim: Nord or Morrowind: Dunmer.

Nah, it'd be like "High Rock: Imperial" or "Black Marsh: Nord"

This DLC, if true, would be roughly "NORWAY: Black Guys"

Which, hey. That sounds pretty sweet.

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

They should re-title the DLC as Bad Boys III.

#11 Posted by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -

@peritus said:

Dear yes we need a remake of that game

#12 Posted by cky4890 (109 posts) -

I wish they would put some good red guard gear only place to get those clothes is in a cave near the center of the map but crazy enough there's no red guards out in the towns lol

#13 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

@peritus: Sort of, except Redguard sounds a lot more awesome then Breton or Nord, and there is precedent for the name.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

Hopefully this is a Sammy Hagar-based expansion.

#15 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

And cue the black jokes.

#16 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1115 posts) -

Just take more of my money...

#17 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Yup, this is the giantbomb thread that makes me uncomfortable...

#18 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Gee, I cant wait until another Skyrim DLC comes out on the PS3!  

#19 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

It would be weird to release a DLC called Redguard when you already released a game called Redguard.

Maybe they are just putting it out for IOS or something.

#20 Posted by Prestige (100 posts) -

Well, it's a better title than Dawnguard. And it's continuing the tradition of every Skyrim DLC being a compound word formed from two short English words.

By the way, do you guys think it's intentional that all the main series Elder Scrolls games have subtitles that go in alphabetical order?

#21 Posted by EchoEcho (827 posts) -

@cky4890 said:

I wish they would put some good red guard gear only place to get those clothes is in a cave near the center of the map but crazy enough there's no red guards out in the towns lol

Actually, there's a sidequest that involves some Redguard who come to Whiterun looking for someone. The quest ends up taking you to a cave where a bunch more Redguard are hanging out. You probably just stumbled onto that cave without the quest active, so there were no Redguard around even though some of their gear was present.

#22 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I hope they bring the DLC to the PS3 soon... ._.

#23 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

@ExplodeMode said:

It would be weird to release a DLC called Redguard when you already released a game called Redguard.

Maybe they are just putting it out for IOS or something.

Yeah, because they sure wouldn't want the market to confuse those two closely related products...

#24 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

I remember a while back when there where stories about connecting land to all the other areas of Tamriel in Skyrim from day 1, so it certainly is plausable that we get DLC for each area. Isn't Dragonborn set in morrowind?

#25 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@peritus said:

First thing I thought of too. That game was really good, a cleaned up port would be very welcome.

#26 Posted by galloughs (192 posts) -

I still haven't even played Dragonborn because of that dumb exclusivity deal! I'm not ready to lust after yet another DLC I can't play on PC!

#27 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -
#28 Posted by ch3burashka (5083 posts) -

I'll wait for Blueguard - better starters.

#29 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Couldn't it be a rerelease of Redguard?

#30 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3860 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Couldn't it be a rerelease of Redguard?

Seems like the filing was for DLC though reading it I guess its possible it could be a digital download.

#31 Posted by CallumBrooks (10 posts) -

Good luck PS3 users!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.