Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Scariest enemy in the game?

• 54 results
    InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

Sup, duders!

I have been playing Skyrim a long time, but only lvl 44. I have though encountered a few enemies throughout my playthrough. There are not many scary enemies. But the most scariest are probably: Hagravens, And Falmer if they sneak up on you, Hagravens are the scariest i have encountered though honestly. Scary witches :(

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Either Giants or Draugr Deathlords.

Avatar image for deathmachine117
    Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Deathmachine117

That first frost troll up in that mountain with all the steps. That son of a bitch cost me too many minutes of my life.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By s7evn

Giant spiders since I hate spiders. Really nothing too scary though.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rattle618

Do you mean scary regarding how they look/behave or scary cause you know you will get your ass handed to you when you see them? I used to fear hagravens at first cause they would fucking murder me. I need to stop now cause this is making me want to install that game again.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided

Of-All-Time The Bloodsucker from stalker.

In Skyrim. probably Gaints since they can one hit kill you. Even then though, they are pretty easy Skyrim is too easy so nothing is really threatening. Dragons quickly become a peice of a piss to beat.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Probably some of the stronger Draugr because they can really be a pain in the ass to kill, especially early on.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

No Caption Provided

In Skyrim. probably Gaints since they can one hit kill you. Even then though, they are pretty easy Skyrim is too easy so nothing is really threatening. Dragons quickly become a peice of a piss to beat.

I raise you one: 
    Nothing, not even Pyramid head has shit on this guy 
    As for Skyrim, I fucking hate spiders so the big ones scare the hell outta me. Also the Falmar and their bug-like creature friends too
    AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlmostSwedish

There are no scary enemies in Skyrim. Just annoying ones.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The one that comes up from behind without you noticing and then you turn around, that one.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lysergica33

Can't really say there's anything in Skyrim that's scared me but I've been playing Dead Space 2 for the first time recently and some of the creatures are really fucking scary, not so much because of the game being scary, but because of the thought of how that specific creature has mutated from being a human into... Whatever it is now. Especially those toddler things that swarm you, chilling...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

@Sackmanjones said:

I raise you one:
    As for Skyrim, I fucking hate spiders so the big ones scare the hell outta me. Also the Falmar and their bug-like creature friends too

Is that a regenerator from RE4?

Anyway, the scariest monsters from Skyrim are the chauruses. Yes, really. I hate those motherfucking bugs.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By haffy

@s7evn said:

Do you get the same feeling as when you see real spiders? I'm scared of pictures or seeing real spiders, but I've never been too bothered about any game spiders before.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @believer258

@Sackmanjones said:

I raise you one:

Is that a regenerator from RE4?

Anyway, the scariest monsters from Skyrim are the chauruses. Yes, really. I hate those motherfucking bugs.

Indeed it is. Also I agree with you on those damn bugs. Fuckin nasty creatures
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

@Deathmachine117 said:

That first frost troll up in that mountain with all the steps. That son of a bitch cost me too many minutes of my life.

I went up unprepared and without a companion and I got my ass beat.

Talksin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Talksin

Those goddamn Sabre Cats that come out of fucking nowhere and relentlessly try to claw you in the face.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NegativeCero

Fucking hagravens. Those things are goddamn terrifying.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @NegativeCero said:
    Yeah, I agree with this.
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MideonNViscera

Load screens.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karkarov

Uh those briar heart chiefs because they attack fast enough that if I stand there and don't hit back they can eventually kill me. Otherwise pretty much no one. Giants hit hard but I regen/resist so much so quickly they don't attack fast enough to every take me out. Maybe a top tier ancient dragon? However they are just the scariest. In truth none of them are scary in the least cause I have to play god awful bad for any of them to have a pipe dream of killing me due to being so freakin op.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FunExplosions

Two-Handed Thug while playing as a Mage.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Brendan

@Napalm said:

@Deathmachine117 said:

I'm joining the fuck that guy pyramid...wait what? Let me start again.

I'm joining the "fuck that guy" quote pyramid for that frost troll, because fuck that guy.

Coolest enemy? Underground flightless dragon in that massive cave.

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Robot_Moses

Louis Letrush, the guy who wants you to steal a horse in Riften. I completed his quest and thought nothing of it. After a while I saw him standing at the Whiterun Stables, but all he would do is stand there asking me if I needed something. Again, thought nothing of it. Upon returning there again, there was a duplicate of himself stuck halfway in the ground next to his regular self, continually asking if I needed something. Freaky, but hey, it's a Bethesda game. I did not understand the true horror of what I witnessed. Now whenever I return to Whiterun, there is another Letrush clone. Right now there's about 7 in my game. Soon they will cover all of Nirn, driving us all mad with their profane chants to their dark god....

NEED SOMETHING?

NEED SOMETHING?

NEED SOMETHING?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By InternetCrab

@s7evn said:

Fuck, almost forgot those. I don't even hate spiders and they creep the shit out me.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FreakAche

My character is in the mid/high fifties so nothing about the game really scares me anymore. I should probably turn up the difficulty or start a new character or something.

Edit: Oh, I forgot those stupid Draugr who you can't tell if they're dead or not until after you've passed them. Those freak me out.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By pweidman

Nothing's scary, and post lvl 30, nothing had a chance against my brawler. Default diff to be fair though. Kinda burned me out early, that and the stupid glitches and bugs :(. I finished the main quest and quit. And at only 1/3 the hrs I put into Oblivion.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bribo

@Napalm said:

@Deathmachine117 said:

I managed to dodge past him, then I legged it. He followed me all the way to the top only to get shouted to death by the Greybeards.

That's when I fell in love with Skyrim.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bribo

@Robot_Moses said:

Louis Letrush, the guy who wants you to steal a horse in Riften. I completed his quest and thought nothing of it. After a while I saw him standing at the Whiterun Stables, but all he would do is stand there asking me if I needed something. Again, thought nothing of it. Upon returning there again, there was a duplicate of himself stuck halfway in the ground next to his regular self, continually asking if I needed something. Freaky, but hey, it's a Bethesda game. I did not understand the true horror of what I witnessed. Now whenever I return to Whiterun, there is another Letrush clone. Right now there's about 7 in my game. Soon they will cover all of Nirn, driving us all mad with their profane chants to their dark god....

NEED SOMETHING?

NEED SOMETHING?

NEED SOMETHING?

Also, they cannot be killed. I tried and it only seemed to make them breed faster.

Eerie motherfuckers.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By habster3

I was always scared of the giants and mammoths just outside of Whiterun when I was around level 10 (because of their strength, not their design)... until I found a way to exploit their AI and annihilate them >:D

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By zyn
    Ah! Wispmothers!
    Ah! Wispmothers!

@Sackmanjones said:

No Caption Provided

I raise you one:

FUCK YES! FUCK THOSE REGENERATORS! FUCK THEM TO HELL!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@SpacePenguin said:

@NegativeCero said:
    Yeah, I agree with this.

I agree as well.

sickman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sickman87

Chaurus Reapers. Those things are fucked up. Especially that horrible sound they make.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Nord Women in Skyrim.

Scared of a tough Nord Woman blah blah blah? Yes. NIGHTMARE FUEL.

Edit: She says something like can't stand the sight of a strong nord woman.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By benspyda

@Robot_Moses: I read the bug guide for that character from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Louis_Letrush and its hilarious.

Here it is for anyone interested:

• After completion of the quest Promises to Keep, Louis Letrush can sometimes be found duplicated near the Whiterun Stables and running about in the general area between Whiterun and Dustmans Cairn - amusingly, without his horse. Louis will duplicate numerous times as you continue to progress, sometimes being stuck in the ground. Although permanent, this bug has no known, negative effects except for it being highly annoying at times. This can be fixed on PC by clicking on Louis' clone and using the 'disable' command, using the console.
    • Should the player happen to kill someone in his vicinity, he will attack on sight, everytime the Dragonborn is spotted. The same applies to duplicates as well.
    • When trying to kill one or more of the Louis, they may get into a fight with the guards. Since they are unkillable, the battle may go on forever.
    • The Louis Letrush clones may have a bugged face with constantly flashing eyebrows. (Xbox360)
    • (PS3) If the player attempts to complete the quest In My Time of Need by siding with Kematu, it is possible that a Letrush clone present at the Whiterun stables will become hostile towards Saadia. This causes all NPC's in the area to attack this particular Letrush, including Saadia herself. Considering the clone cannot be killed, the quest will not be completed, as Saadia will continue to fight, sometimes drawing Kematu himself into the battle, and not continue on to the ambush.
    • Another duplicate can be found wandering near Knifepoint Mine. Oddly, this duplicate cannot be killed, which if taken advatage of can be an infinite source of combat experience.
    • Upon traveling to Whiterun via the Horse carriages, The Letrush(s) will become hostile and cannot be killed. Running to the Guards should attract his attention into an ending fight, giving the player the opportunity to escape.
    • Upon entering Riften, Louis may randomly start attacking the player., making it impossible to start the quest.
    • Sometimes Letrush will not get on Frost when it is delivered to him. Lethrush will spawn outside of Whiterun next to the player's horse and attempt to ride away on it. He can, however, be kicked off.
    • Occasionally, Letrush may get "stuck" running on top of Frost, and he will start wildly spinning around the horse upon certain enemy encounters.
    • During the Quest Battle for Whiterun, the player may hit a Louis Letrush clone in the melee, causing a bounty in The Rift, and the aggressivity of all clones. They seem to be killable.
    • If Frost is attacked while the player is about to hop off the horse, he 'rubberbands' back and disappears. Saving before getting off the horse can be a good idea.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Sooty

spiders, I cringe whenever they are on screen

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@Karkarov said:

Uh those briar heart chiefs because they attack fast enough that if I stand there and don't hit back they can eventually kill me. Otherwise pretty much no one. Giants hit hard but I regen/resist so much so quickly they don't attack fast enough to every take me out. Maybe a top tier ancient dragon? However they are just the scariest. In truth none of them are scary in the least cause I have to play god awful bad for any of them to have a pipe dream of killing me due to being so freakin op.

Yeah, I would have to say the Briarheart guys are pretty annoying. They have that stupid duel wielding attack that can stun you as they combo you to death. Those fucking arseholes.

ajdass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ajdass1

Are you kidding me? THe fucking SPIDERS, man!!! Especially the giant ones. Gleurgh

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#39  Edited By fox01313

Thanks to Condemned 2 & Red Dead Redemption, has to be the bears. nothing is really that scary in the game but the bears are just jerks (who attack you even when trying to give them room without bugging them) & can do quite a lot to you with very little reward to killing them

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mikemcn

Frostbite spiders, i'm arachnaphobic and everytime those fuckers rappelled down from the ceiling I lost my shit.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The draugr's scared me pretty bad at first, they're kinda detailed for zombies.
    Plus I was up in their face because of stealth.

Think Oblivion's zombies scared me more though, especially their sounds.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WMWA
    @zyn
    Ah! Wispmothers!
    Ah! Wispmothers!

@Sackmanjones said:

No Caption Provided

I raise you one:

Technically those are the Iron Maidens. Upgraded regenerators I guess. But yeah, those things gave me nightmares. The way they walk toward you? Fuuuuuuuuck
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43  Edited By zyn

@wmaustin55 said:

@zyn
    Ah! Wispmothers!
    Ah! Wispmothers!

@Sackmanjones said:

No Caption Provided

I raise you one:

Technically those are the Iron Maidens. Upgraded regenerators I guess. But yeah, those things gave me nightmares. The way they walk toward you? Fuuuuuuuuck

Just hearing those fuckers BREATHE is enough to freak me out.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Draugr that can use Dragon Shouts while I sneak around in a dungeon. I remember sneaking into a room and saw one rise out of it's coffin; next thing I know I heard a shout and I went flying into a wall. I hauled ass out of that area like a bat out of hell lol

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Cathryn

Chauruses and Falmer creep me out. I can't stand falmer dungeons.

DiscoGobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DiscoGobbo

Snow Storm + Polar Bear = Stealth Bears!

I don't know how many times I was up north and reached the crest of a small rise only to have a polar bear all up in my grill. Terrifying.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

The first time you go toe to toe with a Draugr Deathlord, and that thing hits with a full power Unrelenting Force shout, got the blood pumping.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

My answer for this is the same as Red Dead. Ninja Bears. I've messed my drawers a few times when I'm just wandering along minding my business and BAM! Bear hits me from behind. They were worse in Red Dead and compounded by Ninja Cougars but still...damn bears.

QuietAlien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuietAlien

The giant Frostbite spiders. Whenever they come down all unnaturally from the ceiling. I hate them. I don't even like to look at their dead bodies.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ulain

Scariest enemy to me was CTD in the same fucking area over and over, rendering it unplayable for that savegame.

Scariest, tangible enemy? I would give it to mudcrabs, simply because they hit so damn hard in this one, initially speaking. You kind of expect giants and saber-tooth tigers to mess your shit up. But the fearsome mudcrab? Notice they changed that meme to arrow-to-the-knee. Coincidence? I think not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.