Should I turn cloud saves off?

#1 Posted by Bollard (5248 posts) -

I have a lot of saves now, 169 in fact. And every time I quit Skyrim, it decides it needs to re-upload ALL OF THEM. That's nearly 50MB of uploading every time, and I don't have a great up speed.

So my question is, should I turn dat shit off? I've almost filled it anyway - what did you guys do?

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: I only use two saves per character, usually I find that sufficient in addition to autosaves. 169 saves is a lot. If you narrowed it down to 100 that's 69 less saves to upload and you'd keep the security of ze cloud.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Every now and then I go over my saves and delete like 90% of them, keep the latest 10%. When you're so far past the points where you saved "just in case", those saves have no value anymore, delete them!

#4 Posted by Bollard (5248 posts) -

@Funkydupe: @AhmadMetallic: Yeahh... There are a few saves I know I wanna keep, for making awesome timelapses some time. And others I can't even remember where the choices I made were. Although I'm more likely to go back and start a new character than use this one differently from an old save.

For Oblivion on 360 I had like two savers per char, but then managed to accidentally delete one of my characters, so I thought I'd do it different this time.

Plus, every time I load the game the save menu hitches up so so bad. It stutters and doesn't notice me clicking to load the save - I probably should do something there haha.

#5 Posted by wookie912 (23 posts) -

im having major issues with the game becoming a slideshow when it autosaves, causing me to have to restart the game. ive deleted some of my saves in hope that fill fix it. anyone else have this issue?

#6 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I didn't keep more than a couple saves.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

You have 169 saves and it's only 50mb? I have 58 plus autosaves and it's almost half a GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.