Skyrim Community project.. Coming soon. Hopefully

#1 Edited by JackColt (89 posts) -

Duders,

I've realized that I enjoy talking about & listening to stories from Skyrim every bit as much as I enjoy actually playing Skyrim. The breadth of unique experiences everyone has stumbled into is just staggering to me.

To that end, I'm going to start a semi-regular podcast, and source the community for your stories of valor, deceit, bravery, cowardice, humor, buffoonery... whatever you've got. My goal is to record interviews via Skype, and produce segments NPR/This American Life style -- And to similarly have an over-arching theme for each episode: Hold/city-specific stories; dragon stories; mammoth stories; Lydia stories; etc. So anyone with a solid connection and decent mic can be on the show. If you're interested please submit some brief write-ups to skyrimstories@gmail.com, and include your availability to record an interview. I'll begin contacting people back over the next few days. Also follow @skyrimstories on Twitter for updates.

Thanks, gang.

#2 Posted by selbie (1968 posts) -

Yo I herd u like snow in ur snowy landscapes :P

All the best for your efforts duder.

#3 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

I'll bump this to the front page out of interest.

#4 Posted by DeadManRollin (69 posts) -

Nice initiative. I can share a few writeups which you or anyone else can read out, but I am a bit microphone shy and my internet connection blows. Actually I was planning to write some blog posts regarding my skyrim experience, so this seems relevant. 

#5 Posted by JackColt (89 posts) -
@DeadManRollin
Nice initiative. I can share a few writeups which you or anyone else can read out, but I am a bit microphone shy and my internet connection blows. Actually I was planning to write some blog posts regarding my skyrim experience, so this seems relevant. 
@DeadManRollin That'd be swell. I've gotten very few responses so far from posts here, and on Reddit. I'm going to start combing the boards to find stories and contact the authors directly. I really want to make this happen. Please pass on the info to anyone you know who may be interested, and send those write ups to the email address. Thanks!
#6 Posted by mbdoeden (196 posts) -

This sounds like a really fun idea. I'll see if I can write something up and get it submitted. I'd like to see how this turns out and being a part of it sounds fairly rewarding.

#7 Posted by DeadManRollin (69 posts) -

I am going a bit slow on the writeup, but hopefully I'll be able to conjure up something by end of this week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.