Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim Diary, Entry 1: Super rabbits, serial killers and reality

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Dear Diary,

What can I say? Finally Skyrim has landed and I've spent a good chunk of the last two days playing it. After playing Dark Souls for so long, I guess I had forgotten how much fun it was to actually role play with your character. Thanks primarily to a very good starting default face build, I'm now totally immersed in my character. He's a hard man, but a good one. And of course he's played by Sam Worthington (shame there's no vocal choices for your character in the builder - can you imagine an australian accent in Skyrim??).

After doing the mandatory dash from the dragon (damn that thing is cool with its scary shouts and ability to pop up anywhere) and escaping to Riverwood, it was great seeing my character evolve and coming up with what was going on inside his little pixel head. At the risk of sounding like a total geek, he likes the magic he's found, but knows there's nothing better than a good sword and shield. And he's got such a sense of adventure. That's what I like about Skyrim (and to a degree it seems amplified since Oblivion). That you feel your character evolving and get to know him pretty well.

After clearing out some bandits at this massive ruin about Riverwood (his curiosity got the better of him) he made his way to Riverwood. Soon after, it was time for some "fun" aka evil time. Enter the save game and start killing everyone phase. I'm disappointed you STILL can't kill children (was looking forward to some kiddy killin' time!) but everyone else is pretty much fair game.

After a few rounds of that (and the discovery of how to move bodies) I reloaded and began life as Skyrim's first serial killer. I prowled the night, waiting for unsuspecting ladies to roam too close to the town's edge. Then I'd strike. Before long I was dragging their lifeless corpse to the Riverwood bridge Muahahaha!!! Definitely one of the best serial killer re-enactments I've ever seen in a game lol! Not that I've tried in other games or anything... *Shuffles feet*

I don't know if you've ever seen Bones or CSI, but after I dropped her off the bridge and the strong current carried her away down-stream, her body stranded amidst tree roots under the water's edge was pretty realistic. And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling ax man!!! He spotted my crime and attacked me, but was promptly cut down.

What happened next made my first day of Skyrim worthwhile. Sitting next to me as I murdered the wood cutter was a little rabbit. It was just there watching. It looked up at me then dived straight into the water. Before I could even laugh it began swimming back up the current, over rapids like a salmon (which by the way, the game has! And they dive up stream too!). Then, thankfully due to a glitch which has not been patched and shouldn't, the rabbit suddenly began jogging on top of the water and darted like an arrow to the other side. Super, snuff-watching rabbit! Thank goodness the wolves that were chasing me didn't know how to swim though.

Oh yeah, then I disposed of the man's body down the waterfall and watched it slowly slide off the edge into obscurity. Muah Muaha MUAHAHAHAAA!! A strange way to end up finishing your first day in Skyrim, but Bethesda has made the river mechanics perfectly. And I'm probably evil deep down too...

Who knows what the next entry of my Skyrim diary will bring?

P.S. Have written my review on my time in Skyrim here: http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61-33394/user-reviews/?review_id=21282

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Dear Diary,

What can I say? Finally Skyrim has landed and I've spent a good chunk of the last two days playing it. After playing Dark Souls for so long, I guess I had forgotten how much fun it was to actually role play with your character. Thanks primarily to a very good starting default face build, I'm now totally immersed in my character. He's a hard man, but a good one. And of course he's played by Sam Worthington (shame there's no vocal choices for your character in the builder - can you imagine an australian accent in Skyrim??).

After doing the mandatory dash from the dragon (damn that thing is cool with its scary shouts and ability to pop up anywhere) and escaping to Riverwood, it was great seeing my character evolve and coming up with what was going on inside his little pixel head. At the risk of sounding like a total geek, he likes the magic he's found, but knows there's nothing better than a good sword and shield. And he's got such a sense of adventure. That's what I like about Skyrim (and to a degree it seems amplified since Oblivion). That you feel your character evolving and get to know him pretty well.

After clearing out some bandits at this massive ruin about Riverwood (his curiosity got the better of him) he made his way to Riverwood. Soon after, it was time for some "fun" aka evil time. Enter the save game and start killing everyone phase. I'm disappointed you STILL can't kill children (was looking forward to some kiddy killin' time!) but everyone else is pretty much fair game.

After a few rounds of that (and the discovery of how to move bodies) I reloaded and began life as Skyrim's first serial killer. I prowled the night, waiting for unsuspecting ladies to roam too close to the town's edge. Then I'd strike. Before long I was dragging their lifeless corpse to the Riverwood bridge Muahahaha!!! Definitely one of the best serial killer re-enactments I've ever seen in a game lol! Not that I've tried in other games or anything... *Shuffles feet*

I don't know if you've ever seen Bones or CSI, but after I dropped her off the bridge and the strong current carried her away down-stream, her body stranded amidst tree roots under the water's edge was pretty realistic. And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling ax man!!! He spotted my crime and attacked me, but was promptly cut down.

What happened next made my first day of Skyrim worthwhile. Sitting next to me as I murdered the wood cutter was a little rabbit. It was just there watching. It looked up at me then dived straight into the water. Before I could even laugh it began swimming back up the current, over rapids like a salmon (which by the way, the game has! And they dive up stream too!). Then, thankfully due to a glitch which has not been patched and shouldn't, the rabbit suddenly began jogging on top of the water and darted like an arrow to the other side. Super, snuff-watching rabbit! Thank goodness the wolves that were chasing me didn't know how to swim though.

Oh yeah, then I disposed of the man's body down the waterfall and watched it slowly slide off the edge into obscurity. Muah Muaha MUAHAHAHAAA!! A strange way to end up finishing your first day in Skyrim, but Bethesda has made the river mechanics perfectly. And I'm probably evil deep down too...

Who knows what the next entry of my Skyrim diary will bring?

P.S. Have written my review on my time in Skyrim here: http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61-33394/user-reviews/?review_id=21282

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.