Skyrim DLC info coming out tomorrow

#1 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

WHATSITGONNABE?!?!?

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Morrowwind expansion!

#3 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

The Lair of The Backward Dragons.

#4 Posted by Harpell (183 posts) -

Rumor has it as Snow Elf (Falmer) related, and possible crossbows.

My money's on Giant Mudcrabs though.

#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5726 posts) -

@Gizmo: I love Falling Down.

#6 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

Return to Solstheim, I hope.

#7 Posted by Deathmachine117 (376 posts) -

As someone who was going to boot Skyrim back up tomorrow I find this news convenient.

#9 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@SoothsayerGB said:

Fuzz pot! I just got bored with Skyrim! Why don't they add a combat system instead or how bout better AI! There are plenty of pretty looking things to walk past already. Voice acting too. Add more game. I'm not buying more god damn scenery!

Who are you yelling at? Have they announced it's just gonna be new scenery and no changes to combat or AI or extra voice acting and I'm just missing this announcement? o.O

#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:

Fuzz pot! I just got bored with Skyrim! Why don't they add a combat system instead or how bout better AI! There are plenty of pretty looking things to walk past already. Voice acting too. Add more game. I'm not buying more god damn scenery!

Uh . . . 
#11 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

@SoothsayerGB said:

Who are you yelling at? Have they announced it's just gonna be new scenery and no changes to combat or AI or extra voice acting and I'm just missing this announcement? o.O

No announcement but unlikely. Previous expansions for Fallout 3 and Oblivion added more quests/characters and while they played with scenarios in inventive ways, they didn't change the core systems. Which is a shame. Because the combat in every single one of these games is a damned chore after the first dozen hours or so.

#12 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

You play as Valen Dreth from the beginning of Oblivion. Through a series of groundbreaking quick time events, you will berate your Oblivion character from across the hall. It will have Kinect voice support so you can yell "You hear that? The guards are coming....for you! HE HE HE HE HAHA HE" at your TV.

#13 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

As much as I love the environment they crafted in Skyrim, I'd like to see a change of scenery like there was in Shivering Isles. I still wouldn't mind more snow and ice though.

#14 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

C'mon Daggerfall!

#15 Posted by Christoffer (1921 posts) -

It's going to be called Lord of Lightning.

Here's the trailer.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

Maybe we'll find out more about Ysgramor and travel North to Atmora? It was mostly a barren land of snow and nothing, but they could pretty much do whatever they want with it.

I'm doubting a trip back to Vvardenfell is on the books, 'cause that'd rule out the HD REMAKE OF MORROWIND. Derp.

#17 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@PixelPrinny said:

@SoothsayerGB said:

No announcement but unlikely. Previous expansions for Fallout 3 and Oblivion added more quests/characters and while they played with scenarios in inventive ways, they didn't change the core systems. Which is a shame. Because the combat in every single one of these games is a damned chore after the first dozen hours or so.

Ahh I see. Well, for what it's worth I love the archery in Skyrim... Can't say I've even bothered with any of the other combat though >.> If the DLC offers more bows, I'll be a happy camper. It'd be cool if they could somehow add in like 5 - 10 more VOs for existing characters, too.... having three NPCs in a row all have the same VO is just so bizarre (and happens way too frequently).

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

I dont think I can take more skyrim at the moment.  Hell Im not even finished with the dark brotherhood or thieves guild stuff.

#19 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I hope the patches fixed some of the shitty ps3 stuff...  I havent checked out the game lately 

#20 Posted by benspyda (2051 posts) -

They have my money. I don't know what it is but they have my money.

"And the new DLC is horse armor" Goddman it!!!!!

#21 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

I've heard rumors its 1600ms points on xbox live... So it could be huge

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

C'mon, Shivering Isles 2.0

#23 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@benspyda said:

"And the new DLC is horse armor" Goddman it!!!!!

DRAGON ARMOUR

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

I dunno as someone who bought and played all the Oblivion and Fallout 3 DLC I ended up getting utterly bored with Skyrim. I think I'm just over this style of game for awhile. Hopefully its good for those who are still into it though. The Shivering Isles for Oblivion was amazing.

#25 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

High Rock expansion. Ultimate win.

#26 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

Bethesda are going Elder Scrolls CRAZY today! Kinect patch released, Oblivion GOTY and Morrowind GOTY 50% off sale on Steam and DLC announcement.

#27 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

It's most likely to be related to the hidden files in the 1.5 patch. Id est new vampire animations, crossbows and snow elves. Not much longer to wait now for an official announcement.

#28 Posted by perilator666 (472 posts) -

horse armor get!

#29 Posted by Recall (103 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I hope the patches fixed some of the shitty ps3 stuff... I havent checked out the game lately

last time I checked everything was how it should be, granted its been about a month since I last played Skyrim

#30 Posted by LoggerRythm (190 posts) -

Awesome.

Maybe it's like a $15 80MB download that unlocks all the bug/glitch fixing patches that's already on the disk?

That reminds me, when are you gonna fix the rest of my game Bethesda?

I still got broken quests that I can't complete.

#31 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

@bibamatt said:

Bethesda are going Elder Scrolls CRAZY today! Kinect patch released, Oblivion GOTY and Morrowind GOTY 50% off sale on Steam and DLC announcement.

This week is the 10th anniversary of Morrowind, which would explain the Elder Scrolls blowout.

I hope the DLC adds cliff racers. ;)

#32 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -
#33 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
#34 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Galiant said:

@FritzDude said:

Dawnguard confirmed this summer for Xbox 360. More information at E3.

Source: http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/01/dawnguard/

Wait, so - all we get is a name? Lame!

Yeah, they should have just waited until E3 and announced it there.

#35 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

Oh, right... It's a timed exclusive for 360. Fuck.

#36 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -
@Recall said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I hope the patches fixed some of the shitty ps3 stuff... I havent checked out the game lately

last time I checked everything was how it should be, granted its been about a month since I last played Skyrim

Oh good, I havent played Skyrim since February

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.