Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim has just hit the steam store!

• 54 results
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TorMasturba

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I know it's just a measly extra $10, but it doesn't make sense. The only reason why console games are $60 is because of the development tools and console developer rights. The PC's an open platform, so there's no reason to give another $10 to M$, $ony or Nintendo.

Other than the fact they're greedy bastards, and rightfully so as businesses, and if they want to try and stretch more money out of us because we will pay more then they will charge us that bit more.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52  Edited By Levio

I posted 2 months ago that PC games were headed to $60 bucks soon. It starts with the better games, then trickles down to everything else.

Though I'm frankly surprised it took this long.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Storms

The game costs 60 dollars for PC because of inflation. 

The game costs 60 dollars on PC because Skyrim is a massive game well worth 60 dollars, especially with modding. That's like .15 cents per possible hour of play time if you squeeze every minute out of it. 

The game costs 60 dollars because all a gaming PC is is the hardest to develop for gaming console, with thousands of different possible basic hardware combinations.

But most of all, the game is 60 dollars because: 

It's called charging what the market will bear.  

Games should only be as expensive as people want to pay for them. No more, no less. Or, as the PC elitists put it "BCUZ U STOOPID CONSOLE GAMERZ WERE DUMB ENUF TO PAY IT". It's a little thing I call rational self interest.
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Storms
    @MariachiMacabre: Not a single other game coming out (within a month of Skyrim) has my interest except Zelda. And a statue like that could easily be over a hundred dollars by itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.