Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim is perfect and is the best game ever made

• 124 results
    NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Skyrim is a jerk, all it's crashing and freezing and corrupted saves, what a jerkass, that Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
    deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@chavtheworld: I would argue that those screens are evidence for Skyrim's awesomeness.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You like attention,don't you? This isn't the type of site for your useless, flamebait troll posts.

It's awesome that you like Skyrim though, that must be nice for you.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By StarFoxA

2 words for any Skyrim sympathizers: Dark Souls.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

I don't think they have dark souls, that's a bit harsh.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

It's definitely the best Draugr murder simulation.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@korwin said:

@chavtheworld: I would argue that those screens are evidence for Skyrim's awesomeness.

I don't disagree at all.

hidden81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samurai Shodown II.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great game no doubt. But it's numerous glitches stop it from being perfect/

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

I still don't get why people compare the two. They both have swords I guess...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
    deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have 4 mods, I keep it simple and I don't like mods that add too much unoriginal content to the game.

I have a cool blood mod that improves the textures a lot. Are there any weird gore mods that let you chop dudes up or something?

Also, are headshots with bows instant kills on enemies without helms?

Finally, where do I get an amazing bow? I'm level 25 .

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markm said:

I only have 4 mods, I keep it simple and I don't like mods that add too much unoriginal content to the game.

I have a cool blood mod that improves the textures a lot. Are there any weird gore mods that let you chop dudes up or something?

Also, are headshots with bows instant kills on enemies without helms?

Finally, where do I get an amazing bow? I'm level 25 .

Good on you for limiting your mods. Almost every thread that talks about bugs in Skyrim ends up with the OP confessing about having mods installed.

I am not sure about gore mods.

Headshots with bows are not instant kills on enemies without helms. They do the same damage as a torso shot.

You get an amazing bow by levelling up your Blacksmithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting skills. The best armor and weapons are all created, not found.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Not by a long shot. Morrowind was the best ES game and even that doesn't deserve the status of best game ever. Although it is damn fucking good.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#117  Edited By jakob187

OP is high as a muthafucker.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It is one of my favorite games of 2011. I really enjoyed my time with it.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Missacre

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#121  Edited By Justin258

Skyrim is perhaps my favorite game of this generation. I love its aesthetics, the atmosphere, the music, the world that it's in, and I even enjoy the mechanics that it gives me to play with. If there are two things about video games that can really sucker me in, they are loneliness and cold, snowy environments. Skyrim has both in spades - you can go out into the middle of nowhere and see no one and nothing but landscape and hostile creatures.

That said, the game is nowhere close to "perfect". It's woefully unbalanced, extremely easy to break, buggy as hell, and no one part of it has much depth. The stories involved are never great, the writing only keeps itself from being bland by getting to the point as quickly as possible, and the moment-to-moment combat is very repetitive unless the player him/herself makes an effort to mix things up. None of these things are issues that bug me at all, but they're still issues.

For me, Skyrim is a perfect example of thoroughly enjoying a piece of entertainment despite its many flaws. It's a game that uses its interactivity to present a wide-open world to you, an achievement that few other games really do in the same sense that Skyrim does. And if you come to it looking to master it as a game, then you're going to be extremely disappointed. If you come to it looking to explore, gawk, and do sidequests (quests, not activities, and ones that have actual stories involved), then it's fantastic.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By Sterling

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

He just prefers to jump millions of times to level up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Its not even the best Elder Scrolls game. Lol. So no.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Missacre

@outside_potty_machine said:

@believer258 said:

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

This is exactly why I'm not going to address my points. You've already dismissed them, so I'll just save you the trouble of me explaining myself and you dismissing my views. Just go with this. Accuse me of having no points to begin with or whatever, if it'll help you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

@outside_potty_machine said:

@believer258 said:

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

This is exactly why I'm not going to address my points. You've already dismissed them, so I'll just save you the trouble of me explaining myself and you dismissing my views. Just go with this. Accuse me of having no points to begin with or whatever, if it'll help you.

But I didn't dismiss them :(. I genuinely want to hear why you think Oblivion is the better game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Ravenlight

Impressive? Surely!

Perfect? Ehhh...

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Perfectly fun anyway.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like TES games less and less over the years. Bethesda puts in too many useless systems, that are meaningless in the game, so the games are full of junk that is not needed. That's a problems for Skyrim because the based games still needed tons of work, the story was terrible, and the limited robot-like way NPCs interact is just embarrassing for a modern game.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

For me it's just okay. I feel like Skyrim is a great argument for why quantity isn't neccesarily a good thing in a game; especially when you're building everything on the same basic style of gameplay and presentation, it just seems like you're dooming yourself to have players lose interest at some point. I know I did.

Me too. Preferred Oblivion, that seemed more magical and alive

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.