Skyrim is perfect and is the best game ever made

  • 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Skyrim is a jerk, all it's crashing and freezing and corrupted saves, what a jerkass, that Skyrim.

#102 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -
#103 Posted by Korwin (2837 posts) -

@chavtheworld: I would argue that those screens are evidence for Skyrim's awesomeness.

#104 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

You like attention,don't you? This isn't the type of site for your useless, flamebait troll posts.

It's awesome that you like Skyrim though, that must be nice for you.

#105 Edited by StarFoxA (5144 posts) -

2 words for any Skyrim sympathizers: Dark Souls.

#106 Posted by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

2 words for any Skyrim sympathizers: Dark Souls.

I don't think they have dark souls, that's a bit harsh.

#107 Posted by tread311 (355 posts) -

It's definitely the best Draugr murder simulation.

#108 Posted by Bollard (5396 posts) -

@korwin said:

@chavtheworld: I would argue that those screens are evidence for Skyrim's awesomeness.

I don't disagree at all.

#109 Posted by hidden81 (50 posts) -

Samurai Shodown II.

#110 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

It's a great game no doubt. But it's numerous glitches stop it from being perfect/

#111 Posted by SlashDance (1812 posts) -
@starfoxa said:

2 words for any Skyrim sympathizers: Dark Souls.

I still don't get why people compare the two. They both have swords I guess...

#112 Edited by MarkM (288 posts) -

I only have 4 mods, I keep it simple and I don't like mods that add too much unoriginal content to the game.

I have a cool blood mod that improves the textures a lot. Are there any weird gore mods that let you chop dudes up or something?

Also, are headshots with bows instant kills on enemies without helms?

Finally, where do I get an amazing bow? I'm level 25 .

#113 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

@markm said:

I only have 4 mods, I keep it simple and I don't like mods that add too much unoriginal content to the game.

I have a cool blood mod that improves the textures a lot. Are there any weird gore mods that let you chop dudes up or something?

Also, are headshots with bows instant kills on enemies without helms?

Finally, where do I get an amazing bow? I'm level 25 .

Good on you for limiting your mods. Almost every thread that talks about bugs in Skyrim ends up with the OP confessing about having mods installed.

I am not sure about gore mods.

Headshots with bows are not instant kills on enemies without helms. They do the same damage as a torso shot.

You get an amazing bow by levelling up your Blacksmithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting skills. The best armor and weapons are all created, not found.

#114 Posted by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

Nope. Not by a long shot. Morrowind was the best ES game and even that doesn't deserve the status of best game ever. Although it is damn fucking good.

#115 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

#116 Edited by Ravey (330 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Nope. Not by a long shot. Morrowind was the best ES game and even that doesn't deserve the status of best game ever. Although it is damn fucking good.

I think Daggerfall plays better though. It feels closer to the recent Elder Scrolls games, except with more focus on town/dungeon exploration. The custom class maker is fantastic. Also it has one of the best soundtracks!

#117 Edited by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

OP is high as a muthafucker.

#118 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

It is one of my favorite games of 2011. I really enjoyed my time with it.

#119 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

#121 Edited by believer258 (11775 posts) -

Skyrim is perhaps my favorite game of this generation. I love its aesthetics, the atmosphere, the music, the world that it's in, and I even enjoy the mechanics that it gives me to play with. If there are two things about video games that can really sucker me in, they are loneliness and cold, snowy environments. Skyrim has both in spades - you can go out into the middle of nowhere and see no one and nothing but landscape and hostile creatures.

That said, the game is nowhere close to "perfect". It's woefully unbalanced, extremely easy to break, buggy as hell, and no one part of it has much depth. The stories involved are never great, the writing only keeps itself from being bland by getting to the point as quickly as possible, and the moment-to-moment combat is very repetitive unless the player him/herself makes an effort to mix things up. None of these things are issues that bug me at all, but they're still issues.

For me, Skyrim is a perfect example of thoroughly enjoying a piece of entertainment despite its many flaws. It's a game that uses its interactivity to present a wide-open world to you, an achievement that few other games really do in the same sense that Skyrim does. And if you come to it looking to master it as a game, then you're going to be extremely disappointed. If you come to it looking to explore, gawk, and do sidequests (quests, not activities, and ones that have actual stories involved), then it's fantastic.

#122 Posted by believer258 (11775 posts) -

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

#123 Edited by Sterling (2144 posts) -

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

He just prefers to jump millions of times to level up.

Online
#124 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

Its not even the best Elder Scrolls game. Lol. So no.

#125 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

@outside_potty_machine said:

@believer258 said:

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

He just prefers to jump millions of times to level up.

This is exactly why I'm not going to address my points. You've already dismissed them, so I'll just save you the trouble of me explaining myself and you dismissing my views. Just go with this. Accuse me of having no points to begin with or whatever, if it'll help you.

#126 Posted by believer258 (11775 posts) -

@missacre said:

@outside_potty_machine said:

@believer258 said:

@missacre said:

@monetarydread said:

@missacre said:

To this day, I regret buying Skyrim. It's a pretty bad game, even modded, it was really boring. I gave it a chance, as I loved Oblivion, but Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

Is there a reason why you think the game is bad? Plus, what is it about Oblivion that makes it, "SOOO much better than Skyrim?"

There's lots of reasons I think the game is bad. Many reasons. Also, have you ever played Oblivion? If so, it should be clear as day why Oblivion is SOOO much better than Skyrim.

I'd like to hear why you think so, instead of just taking your word for it. I like Oblivion almost as much as I do Skyrim, but it doesn't really have the varied environments and people of Morrowind, nor does it have the polish (as in, looks and mechanics) that Skyrim does.

He just prefers to jump millions of times to level up.

This is exactly why I'm not going to address my points. You've already dismissed them, so I'll just save you the trouble of me explaining myself and you dismissing my views. Just go with this. Accuse me of having no points to begin with or whatever, if it'll help you.

But I didn't dismiss them :(. I genuinely want to hear why you think Oblivion is the better game.

#127 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Impressive? Surely!

Perfect? Ehhh...

#128 Posted by geirr (2508 posts) -

Perfectly fun anyway.

#129 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2666 posts) -

I like TES games less and less over the years. Bethesda puts in too many useless systems, that are meaningless in the game, so the games are full of junk that is not needed. That's a problems for Skyrim because the based games still needed tons of work, the story was terrible, and the limited robot-like way NPCs interact is just embarrassing for a modern game.

#130 Posted by armaan8014 (5375 posts) -

For me it's just okay. I feel like Skyrim is a great argument for why quantity isn't neccesarily a good thing in a game; especially when you're building everything on the same basic style of gameplay and presentation, it just seems like you're dooming yourself to have players lose interest at some point. I know I did.

Me too. Preferred Oblivion, that seemed more magical and alive

#131 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.