SKYRIM - Oghma Infinium Book Glitch 100 in ALL Skills Guide

• 58 results
#1 Edited by fendr (4 posts) -

heres a glitch to get all your skills to lvl 100 with the oghma infinium book

#2 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

Finished this quest last night, though it didn't bug for me.

This is a FANTASTIC quest reward, though. You get an instant +5 to a handful of skills (partially of your choice), which caused me to instantly go up two levels.

- Scott

#3 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

OK, but why would you WANT to do that? - Ian

#4 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

@Poppduder said:

I kind of agree with this. I really enjoy leveling and don't want the reward and the upgrade to become artificial and lose it's meaning. Then again though, to upgrade my smithing, it basically feels like I'm cheating the system...

#5 Posted by Patman99 (1585 posts) -

I like the idea of progressing my character so I would never use this 'sploit.

#6 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

I haven't seen the video yet, but I really want to try it out at least once for an all total godmode run and just have insane fun.

- Ryan

#7 Posted by Jimmi (166 posts) -

Sounds a bit odd but I might try it out and keep that guy on a separate save just to dick around with it.

-Will

#8 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

@Poppduder said:

Well, I'm level 51 or 52 and at the point where I'm just starting to level up skills in very tedious ways, like leveling up my block skill by finding weak enemies and just let them smack my shield for a couple hours. I'll probably use this to level up my magic abilities because I'm not a magic user and also so I can be able to get the the last few perks I want.

#9 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Meh I have the console for that.

- Guy

#10 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

I already used the book like you should.

- Chris

#11 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

It's like they insert this glitch in every one of their games. Fallout 3, Fallout NV and now Skyrim.....

-Dom

#12 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm not even gong to use the free house glitch. I'm hardcore.

-Claude

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Fuck that noise

-Scot

#14 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

Glitching like this is something I wouldn't want to do, but how do you get that book?

#15 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

I guess if you're playing on a console and don't actually want to enjoy the game this is for you.

-Joseph

#16 Posted by VoshiNova (1691 posts) -

this is retarded.

-Jered

#17 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Wait, so you can level past 50? Fucking awesome!

I really don't see the point of doing this; just play and enjoy the game and you'll level those skills in no time.

-Dougie

#18 Posted by HistoryInRust (6316 posts) -

Aw, come on.

-Marcus.

#19 Posted by bibamatt (1088 posts) -

Yeah, pretty awesome, but I think I'll level up normally. It's just TOO DAMN FUN.

- Matt

#20 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

That sounds like it would take all the fun out of the game though....

- Richard

#21 Posted by CosmicQueso (569 posts) -

No way Jose

- Carlos

#22 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

Thanks for sharing a great way to lower the entertainment value of my game.

-Sean

#23 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Amazing

- Agent York

#24 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Not as fun as the old Oblivion glitch where if you fire an arrow just as you drop an item, it would duplicate like crazy.

- Shifty

#25 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Holy shit I need to do this quest (but not spoilt it)

-Word

#26 Posted by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

@Fripplebubby: Console players are such awful people, are they not? How dare they taint our world with their presence?! *grin*

#27 Posted by Tennmuerti (8106 posts) -

An easier way to cheat would be to just use the console commands.
Plus leveling up your skills while playing normally is a huge part of the fun for a lot of people.
I guess this is cool for non PC players, who don't like leveling.

#28 Posted by Daiphyer (1337 posts) -

Don't ruin this game guys.

-Garcia Hotspur

#29 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

I guess it's cool that console gamers will have their own little way to cheat. Wonder if they will patch it out.

-René

#30 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Interesting glitch

-Matt

#31 Edited by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

Don't ruin this game guys.

-Garcia Fucking Hotspur

Fix'd

-René

#32 Posted by Twiggy199 (498 posts) -

i would of used this if i was about 8 years old, but i'm not so i'll play the game the way its meant to be played and I think a lot of people will do the same.

#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11748 posts) -

If I was into cheating and wasn't already level 46 this would be alright. I guess.

-Water

#34 Posted by Jolt92 (1552 posts) -

That looks incredibly boring. I'd rather level up the legit way.

-Dennis

#35 Posted by OtakuGamer (1237 posts) -

Tempted but, i would prefer having at least one legit playthough.

- Jay

#36 Posted by magnum45 (23 posts) -

Right

-Carl

#37 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@Poppduder said:

i'm gonna do this on my second replay. It sounds pretty interesting if you just wanna romp through the game once you've finished things out.

#38 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@theguy said:

- Guy

That was my first reaction.

-M

#39 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

or...... ~

#40 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

@theguy said:

- Guy

That was my first reaction.

-M

Agreed 

- the 1%
#41 Posted by BasketSnake (1209 posts) -

I'm playing the way it's meant to be played but it's a nice glitch for the console players. It'll get patched so you might want to create a character and use the glitch and max out skills just in case.

#42 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Could come in handy later in the game

-joe

#43 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

Might use this to bring my smithing up a tad.

-Dovakhiin

#44 Posted by jakob187 (21673 posts) -

The only "exploit" I've used is making nothing but Iron Daggers to get to 100 smithing, and that's hardly an exploit.

- What the fuck is with everyone signing their shit with their name? Did I miss something?

#45 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@NinjaHunter said:

@Poppduder said:

Well, I'm level 51 or 52 and at the point where I'm just starting to level up skills in very tedious ways, like leveling up my block skill by finding weak enemies and just let them smack my shield for a couple hours. I'll probably use this to level up my magic abilities because I'm not a magic user and also so I can be able to get the the last few perks I want.

Blocking takes way too long. I was on like 44 blocking skill, so I mapped my block to the space bar today and set my coffee cup on it while I went to the bank and shopping. Like a half hour later, it's only at 63. A wolf was the monster that was attacking me. My blocking and armor is good enough that I actually heal faster than I take damage from blocking.
#47 Edited by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Cool, not gonna use that on my main save as I've spent too much time getting to the level I am now, and If I immediately got to lvl 70 the game would become dull. Plus I imagine the difficulty would skyrocket.. level 45 and those Elder dragons are destroying me.
EDIT!

- Cáthal

#48 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2473 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
@NinjaHunter said:

@Poppduder said:

Well, I'm level 51 or 52 and at the point where I'm just starting to level up skills in very tedious ways, like leveling up my block skill by finding weak enemies and just let them smack my shield for a couple hours.

My blocking and armor is good enough that I actually heal faster than I take damage from blocking.
Oh man, the endless hours I spent hopping around to increase Acrobatics in both Morrowind and Oblivion. Good times. 

- Chris
#49 Posted by Fobwashed (2076 posts) -

@Poppduder said:

This would really be the fastest way to ruin the game for yourself. You'd get the immediate satisfaction of increasing your abilities and whatnot, but in the long run, I think you would have had a lot more fun just playing through the game like a normal person and actually building up a character over time. Also, I'd have to assume that even if you started over with a new character or loaded back up to before you used an exploit, it'd still cheapen anything you unlock down the line since you've already had it for no effort. At least that's what I think -_-;;

#50 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Not cool

-Cheez

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.