Skyrim PC Screenshot Thread ᴕ SPOILERS ᴕ

#1 Edited by Fattony12000 (7102 posts) -
Let's see what funny/great/scary/awesome/bad screenshots the glorious master race can provide to the world!

All of my shots are taken at ultra settings, but at a slightly crappy resolution.

#2 Edited by Gnubberen (762 posts) -

I pimped my saw-mill...

Bling bling dwag!

#3 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

4 more hours ) =

Thanks for the screens though guys.

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

5 more days and Skyrim is mine!

#5 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Should have waited until the Sex mod was out to start this thread!

#6 Posted by shinboy630 (1134 posts) -

@Fattony12000: I can't get over how awesome that last one of yours is with the dragon just doing work on that town.

#7 Edited by Fattony12000 (7102 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Should have waited until the Sex mod was out to start this thread!

DAMN.

Hit up that Nirn, son.

#8 Posted by benpicko (2002 posts) -

Haha, I have a photo that's EXACTLY the same as your second one.

#9 Edited by Fattony12000 (7102 posts) -

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -
Meet Bjornar the Battlemage
#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

THAT JUST HAPPENED!

and then I got launched into the air and died instantly. THE FUCK BETHESDA?!

Game looks so nice on ultra, little rough in places but some of the weather effects and lighting are top notch.

#12 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

Holy shit.. Dragons vs Mammoths!?

#13 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@thornie said:

Holy shit.. Dragons vs Mammoths!?

Age-long quesitons will be answered.

#14 Edited by Fattony12000 (7102 posts) -
#15 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
The mountains coupled with the musical score is just perfect.
#16 Edited by atomslayer95 (16 posts) -
#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I am excited for the 15th.

#18 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1403 posts) -
I was looking for some bandits when I decided to take a picture of this
I believe I took this directly after the Grey Beards shouted "Dovahkin!"
#19 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

So much awesome stuff in this game so far - I am still amazed that the games does not take up more that a bit over 5 gigs...

My horse is freekin' Chuck Norris reincarnated - it takes on dragons, mammoths, giants, spiders, bandits, imperials etc. Sometimes I spend more time fighting my war out of some brawl started by this insane pony of mine, than I do questing!

A cool moment was while roaming around in the forests - I saw this hut - and I kinda choked up a bit. No idea what happened, but I guess this husband and wife was attached by a dragon - one of then kneeling over the other - was a rare moment where i just stood there, looking at it - thinking about how god damn awesome a game this is...

.... 8-10 seconds later my horse had attacked a giant spider behind the house..... DAMN YOU HORSE!

Also - random screen shots from my hard-drive, courtesy of Fraps...

Awesome stare into the horizon - M. Bay style!
Bitch came here crashing my party while I was chatting up this female guard....
#20 Edited by Raineko (433 posts) -
Owned Faendal.
Wow, this website shows pics in a really low resolution!
Bethesda your game engine blows ass, GET A NEW ONE!
#21 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

In case people want the UI out of their screencaps, press the '~' key to go to console, then type 'tm' (both without quotes). Take a screenshot as the game will be paused when in console, then just type 'tm' (without quotes) to get the UI back.

I'm so glad Bethesda kept that command. Likely most others from that game will work as well but I have not tested it.

#22 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

@ShiftyMagician said:

In case people want the UI out of their screencaps, press the '~' key to go to console, then type 'tm' (both without quotes). Take a screenshot as the game will be paused when in console, then just type 'tm' (without quotes) to get the UI back.

I'm so glad Bethesda kept that command. Likely most others from that game will work as well but I have not tested it.

Read somewhere that the console might mess up your Achievements in Steam - can you confirm/deny that?

#23 Edited by Impossibilium (684 posts) -

http://thebeautyofskyrim.tumblr.com/

That's a good screenshot collection. Demonstrates how much care went into this game for the PC users. The thread on the official forums has a classic example of "minecraft shadows" that this game engine generates.

At ultra in SLI at a resolution of 2560x1600 this game is embarrassing if you get within three feet of an object. Bethesda need to start outsourcing their graphics engine because every game they release looks as bad as the last.

#24 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@Akvavit said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

Read somewhere that the console might mess up your Achievements in Steam - can you confirm/deny that?

I still got achievements after doing that command and reverting back, but doing it a couple times so far doesn't outright confirm that it doesn't break them just yet. I'd assume if you tried the godmode command that achievements would get disabled of course but again not sure.

#25 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Raineko said:
Owned Faendal.
Wow, this website shows pics in a really low resolution!
Bethesda your game engine blows ass, GET A NEW ONE!
When you click the picture it shows it in full res.
#26 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1847 posts) -

This game looks amazing.

#27 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOD! GHOST RIDER!

I chased this son of a bitch for a good ten minutes trying to hit him with my bow, but was never able, or if I did, he was un-hittable. He lead me to a graveyard with three undead which I killed, and there was also a Master locked chest. I wish I could open that...

Edit: Oh shit. I just realized he is headless. I FOUND THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN, GUYS.

#28 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

@ShiftyMagician said:

@Akvavit said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

I still got achievements after doing that command and reverting back, but doing it a couple times so far doesn't outright confirm that it doesn't break them just yet. I'd assume if you tried the godmode command that achievements would get disabled of course but again not sure.

I was more interested in the good old "carry 10 tons of crap" code from back in the Oblivion days :)

#29 Posted by MB (12089 posts) -

For some reason my screenshots taken from Steam look awful, all dark with contrast levels that are way off....even though when I'm looking at the game on my TV, it looks amazing (as good as any screen I've ever seen, I'm running top tier hardware). Any ideas?

#30 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

@MB said:

For some reason my screenshots taken from Steam look awful, all dark with contrast levels that are way off....even though when I'm looking at the game on my TV, it looks amazing (as good as any screen I've ever seen, I'm running top tier hardware). Any ideas?

www.fraps.com - used it for ages, and it just works.

#31 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

I know they say "Keep you eye on the sky" a lot in this game... but this is just taking it to far

Don't get all bent out of shape!
#32 Posted by monssfisch (45 posts) -
 Just outside Windhelm.
 The Eldergleam Sanctuary looks amazing.
 Double Dragon
#33 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -
#34 Posted by Shady1992 (160 posts) -
#35 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1847 posts) -
It avoided fighting me so it could kill four mudcrabs and then do strafing runs on bunnies.
#36 Edited by Christoffer (1763 posts) -
Solitude - Great views and asshole citizens!
If I didn't know better... I'd suspect necromancy.
#37 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Some really awesome screenshots in here, this is truly one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Other games like the witcher 2 had great style, but skyrim has a really grounded natural beauty. Keep on postin' !

#38 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@emergency said:

Some really awesome screenshots in here, this is truly one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Other games like the witcher 2 had great style, but skyrim has a really grounded natural beauty. Keep on postin' !

Yeah, some of the textures may be muddy, but when you take the game in as a whole, it is goddamned beautiful. Plenty of moments I've just stopped and thought "Wow, this looks great". Some very weird performance stuff every now and then though. I usually get 50 -60 FPS but sometimes it will drop to 30 in the same areas I was getting 50 - 60 for no discernible reason.

#39 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@emergency said:

Yeah, some of the textures may be muddy, but when you take the game in as a whole, it is goddamned beautiful. Plenty of moments I've just stopped and thought "Wow, this looks great". Some very weird performance stuff every now and then though. I usually get 50 -60 FPS but sometimes it will drop to 30 in the same areas I was getting 50 - 60 for no discernible reason.

I've had some fps issues especially in some dungeons. Which I found a little bizarre. I dropped some of the settings down a bit, and its a little better now.

#40 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

I thought the kill shots might get old, turns out I was wrong:

#41 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@rynbeed said:

I thought the kill shots might get old, turns out I was wrong:

Yeah, I thought so too, but so far they're goddamn awesome every time. The killshot I did on a bear with a Dwarven Greataxe was amazing. I wish I could have screenshotted it -- I pulled back the axe to my side, then swung it full force into the middle of his face and it was embedded to the middle of his neck.

#42 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -
I'm so glad this actually works.
#43 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

@ervonymous said:

I'm so glad this actually works.

This is what will secure GOTY for Skyrim - if some other game wins, I call "Florida Methods"!

#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Triple H, whatchu doing in Skyrim?! 

#45 Posted by TatsurouXIII (651 posts) -

@CL60: they're making some characters to resemble celebrities. There is an "Angelina Jolie" in Solitude.

#46 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Triple H, whatchu doing in Skyrim?!

Thats so good :D I know a friend that'll appreciate this a lot.. and it might just convince him to part with his money for the game :P

#47 Edited by TatsurouXIII (651 posts) -

First time I did this I was like whoah.

#48 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

seeing all these pics makes me wish I had this game....and the GPU and PSU to run it. ARGH!

#49 Posted by SSully (4130 posts) -

This was easily my coolest random dragon encounter yet. I came out of an inn after getting cured of vampirism and I was walking away to do my next thing. Then suddenly my screen shakes, I turned around and there is a friggen dragon on top of the building I just left and is reigning fire upon the towns guards.

#50 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.