Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim talk on the Bombcast

AntKC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently started playing through Skyrim again, and always enjoy listening to the guys thought on games I am currently playing. Finished the Bombcast from 11-15-2011, and was wondering if the game (including any DLC) is ever talked about at length on any other episodes. Thanks!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The last episode of the 2011 GOTY podcasts.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

That's a really good way to get bummed out about the game

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still angry with Brad over that 2011 GOTY podcast.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Early 2012 it is talked about with Vinny and Patrick playing. Brad plays the first DLC and talks a little so June/July 2012(?) and that is really all I remember.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

That's a really good way to get bummed out about the game

I thought it was funny as hell. But, then again, Skyrim was my GOTY in 2011.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SR3 got robbed.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mercutio123

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

It's not even that. I recently listened to it again and his attitude of "it's big so it gets a pass on everything and I will hear no word that says otherwise" is so irritating. To the point where the argument is settled not by him winning through reason but a real sense of the others just knowing he won't back down. /rant

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11/15 till the end of 2011 they talk about it sporadically on each podcast. I remember Brad talking about the DLC coming out but I don't remember GB talking in depth about any of them. I just don't think they got that into it after the initial release hype.

AntKC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AntKC

Thanks everyone! I actually have listened to the GOTY discussion, couldn't believe the arguments for SR3 > Skyrim.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

Ryan Davis with the last minute heel turn on SR3. One of the best bombcast moments.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others have said, up until the end of 2011, probably. I believe there was some talk for the first DLC the following summer, and maybe some mentions of the other DLC after that, but not a whole lot.

I don't always keep up with the happenings with this community, but there hasn't been a crazy, wonderful person(s) who has logged every video game conversation that has ever happened on the Bombcast, has there?

A lot of times I play games after the fact and I would like to go back and hear the conversations again. Sometimes they talk about something in detail weeks after it came out, and it's hard to find.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

It's not even that. I recently listened to it again and his attitude of "it's big so it gets a pass on everything and I will hear no word that says otherwise" is so irritating. To the point where the argument is settled not by him winning through reason but a real sense of the others just knowing he won't back down. /rant

I agree that the argument wasn't all that great, but at least the right game won.

Anyway, I can't remember much Skyrim discussion past the 2011 GOTY's. I remember Adam Sessler mentioning it, but I don't know how much they talked about it. It's probably been mentioned some other times, but never to any great extent.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I have no recollection of the 2011 GOTY's might have to dig it out.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slab64

@matthew had started just such a project but I don't know how far he got...it is quite an undertaking though.

We gotta get the guy who annotates and timestamps all the Idle Thumbs episodes on YouTube to help out with this project.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

No it didn't. It was on the top ten, and not at number one. All is good in the world. SR3 was completely overrated and unfunny. It was fine, but not great.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

No it didn't. It was on the top ten, and not at number one. All is good in the world. SR3 was completely overrated and unfunny. It was fine, but not great.

You can't say things as fact. You're not allowed to do that. It can be your opinion, but don't make the mistake in thinking that you're 100% right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wewantsthering said:

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

You can't say things as fact. You're not allowed to do that. It can be your opinion, but don't make the mistake in thinking that you're 100% right.

Actually I can. You can choose to disagree with me though. ;-) But seriously. Those games aren't very funny at all...

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it really got much play on the bombcast apart from the GOTY stuff. After all Brad's highfalutin' bluster about how amazing in scope and blah blah how much it had to offer, kinda seems like they all fell off it pretty quick.

SAINTS ROW WAS ROBBED

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls got robbed by mass marketing of a casual rpg that was busted on two platforms.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By ez123

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

I don't think SR3 is amazing or anything but it was Jeff and Ryan's favorite and Vinny liked it more than Skyrim. It easily got robbed, it had the votes to win but it didn't.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@ez123 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

I don't think SR3 is amazing or anything but it was Jeff and Ryan's favorite and Vinny liked it more than Skyrim. It easily got robbed, it had the votes to win but it didn't.

But the GB GOTY stuff has never been about "votes." It's always been this crazy, arduous process of attempting to come to a consensus that I think is a unique take on handling the GOTY stuff. I personally don't think that the overall quality of SR3 compares to Skyrim in the least.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me so happy to see how mad people still are about the GOTY 2011 discussion. In 2014.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@generic_username: Well, I didn't listen to the 2013 GOTY stuff but the rest were all about votes when it came to the overall GOTY. Many were 2 vs 2 until someone switched their vote or something had the votes locked up and there wasn't even really much of a debate(Mass Effect 2).

I'd agree if we were talking about #10-7 or best Wii game.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ez123 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

But the GB GOTY stuff has never been about "votes." It's always been this crazy, arduous process of attempting to come to a consensus that I think is a unique take on handling the GOTY stuff. I personally don't think that the overall quality of SR3 compares to Skyrim in the least.

You know what did get robbed that year?

Dark Souls.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me so happy to see how mad people still are about the GOTY 2011 discussion. In 2014.

It's pretty incredible.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love there to be a day where Skyrim is mentioned in the forums, and no one mentions a meaningless award from over 2 years ago.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

If you want crazy, how about how Jeff and Brad argued over Minerva's Den for best DLC?

Jeff didn't think it should be nominated, while Brad did, and we come to find out about an hour in that Jeff didn't play the DLC at all because Bioshock 2's gameplay ruined it for him, and Brad hadn't played even played Bioshock 2.

I thought that was hilarious.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@generic_username said:

@ez123 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

You know what did get robbed that year?

Dark Souls.

it shouldn't have been on then. None of them finished it and only one of them got the lordvessel.

If you want to say they should've played it then, sure, but still.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Fuck Saint's Row 3, can't believe I bought that pile of shit.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By psylah
    fogh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

If you want crazy, how about how Jeff and Brad argued over Minerva's Den for best DLC?

The bit where Brad was talking about the amazing storytelling, and then Jeff correctly guesses the twist was hilarious.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fuck Saint's Row 3, can't believe I bought that pile of shit.

I wont say i hate Saint's Row 3, but I will say I'm glad I got it for free on PS+

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I somehow wake up at the beginning of 2012?

If so, I played 33 hours of SR3 and don't wish to play any more, although I had a lot of fun with it when I did play it. I've played around 200ish hours of Skyrim and would be kind of okay about playing some more of it. I probably would say Dark Souls deserved goty more.

If not, wtf are we arguing about this for?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@psylah said:

One of my favorite Bombcast moments. I gotta listen to that again.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this thread took a weird and kinda sad turn.

I hope it goes on long enough to turn into a heated debate about Happypuppy.com's favorite games of 1997.

AntKC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AntKC

@fogh: Good find! Thanks

Signed up for the forums today for this thread. While it has taken a bit of a turn, glad to see such an active community.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#39 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@psylah said:

@mercutio123 said:

SR3 got robbed.

Which made Jeff telling Brad how it is concerning DOTA2 this past GotY all the sweeter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.