Skyrim’s First Downloadable Content? Dawnguard

• 166 results
Posted by patrickklepek (5581 posts) -

Bethesda Game Studios has been dropping hints about the first downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and now we have the first details, even if it’s not very much. Here’s what we do know.

It’s called Dawnguard, and it’s coming to Xbox 360 first this summer--as was the case with Fallout 3, too. Anything else will have to wait a few weeks, as Bethseda is teasing an official unveiling at E3.

Don’t be surprised if Dawnguard shows up at Microsoft’s press conference before E3 kicks off.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (5581 posts) -

Bethesda Game Studios has been dropping hints about the first downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and now we have the first details, even if it’s not very much. Here’s what we do know.

It’s called Dawnguard, and it’s coming to Xbox 360 first this summer--as was the case with Fallout 3, too. Anything else will have to wait a few weeks, as Bethseda is teasing an official unveiling at E3.

Don’t be surprised if Dawnguard shows up at Microsoft’s press conference before E3 kicks off.

#2 Posted by Chias (81 posts) -

neat. Now if only I could run Skyrim on my laptop.

#3 Posted by Isnagov (21 posts) -

sweet.

#4 Edited by Fattony12000 (7522 posts) -
#5 Posted by EndlessLotus (109 posts) -

This is so epic....

#6 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

HAIL MERIDIA

#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4741 posts) -

I should probably finish the thieves and brotherhood guild stuff

#8 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

WOW IT'S A PICTURE OF A GUY IN A HORNED HELMET THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE WITH THAT IN THE OFFICIAL MARKETING.

skyrim more like boreim

#9 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

More like Yawnguard, amirite?

#10 Posted by rainbowcemetery (5 posts) -

Excellent! I will have had juuust enough of a Skyrim break to be stoked about getting sucked in again!

#11 Posted by Morningstar (2189 posts) -

@ryanrulez said:

youarerite.

#12 Posted by ChosenOne (205 posts) -

I want Vigilants of Stendarr quests, so I can hunt all the Daedra.

#13 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i need to get back to skyrim soon

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (12554 posts) -

The nutballs from Oblivion. Sounds like fun.

#15 Posted by SeanFoster (878 posts) -

After playing The Witcher 2, all this Skyrim stuff seems so quaint.

#16 Posted by vikingdeath1 (982 posts) -

I love NEWS!

#17 Posted by Milkman (17017 posts) -

GIVE IT TO ME

#18 Posted by joelalfaro (582 posts) -

Heads up on that "Bethseda", Patrick.

#19 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I can't wait until university is over for the year for some skyrim goodness.

#20 Posted by probablytuna (3730 posts) -

An excuse to go back, MY BODY IS READY.

#21 Posted by Y2Ken (1180 posts) -

Intrigued. Looking forward to seeing more at E3. Am planning to get into Witcher 1+2 soon though so we'll see how that goes. Loved Skyrim though and am downloading Oblivion on my new PC atm (thanks Steam sales!) - looking forward to it.

#22 Posted by nick_verissimo (1390 posts) -

More like Dong Guard, right you guys? Hahaha, but ya, take my money already...

#23 Posted by Daveyo520 (6861 posts) -

Well that is one good thing for having it on the 360.

#24 Posted by munocard (47 posts) -

Dong Guard.

#25 Posted by MeatSim (10895 posts) -

Good time to start a second character then.

#26 Posted by Aldrenar47 (78 posts) -

Why do all the names of places in Skyrim have to be so similar? It's confusing.. Dawnstar, Dawnguard, Whiterun, Windhelm, Winterhold, Markarth, Morthal

Needs more letters of the alphabet. Also I hope this is as big as Shivering Isles, that would be awesome

#27 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Did you play the shitty version of Skyrim? Well congrats, you get DLC first.

#28 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2499 posts) -

I wonder how substantial this will be.

Also, fuck this Bethesda/MS timed exclusive shit. As a PC gamer who saw how Bethesda basically sold PS3 gamers a crap ass bill of goods with the base game, if anything PS3 customers should be getting this early.

Bethesda has slowly risen to Capcom/EA/Activision levels of douchebaggery when it comes to how they treat their customer base.

#29 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (735 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai: But the PS3 isn't getting it first!

#30 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ryanrulez said:

I don't know if you're right, you're one of the lucky few who's gotten to play it apparantly :(
#31 Posted by Coughman (4 posts) -

DAWNGUARDIT THEM NORD BOYS HAVE BEEN GETTIN INTO MY SKOOMA STASH AGAIN

SOMEBODY FETCH ME MA SHOUTIN STICK

#32 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Give it trophies. Pleeeeeeease.

:D

#33 Posted by Hugs (21 posts) -

Day 31 perch

#34 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Mother. Fucker. Are those vampire eyes? AHHHH SO COOL. I want some vampires vs werewolves. Skyrim gets all underworld.

#35 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

True, sorry. I meant people who bought the shitty version, not the holy-crap-shitty version.

#36 Posted by Davin (243 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

Also, fuck this Bethesda/MS timed exclusive shit. As a PC gamer who saw how Bethesda basically sold PS3 gamers a crap ass bill of goods with the base game, if anything PS3 customers should be getting this early.

Bethesda has slowly risen to Capcom/EA/Activision levels of douchebaggery when it comes to how they treat their customer base.

This. Sucks that the 360 would have a timed exclusive, if that is the case. I understand how money works, though.

#37 Posted by Mystyr_E (1195 posts) -

even though I have Xbox and PC versions, I'll wait for PC. Not out of anti-MS principles or anything, I just, you know, want it on the superior version

#38 Posted by Chris2KLee (2337 posts) -

Hope the PC delay isn't long, Mods have been great, but more official content would be very welcome.

#39 Posted by WJist (314 posts) -

Those eyes!

#40 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

When has the PS3 ever had a good open world game? Its a inferior system.

#41 Posted by AndrewB (7669 posts) -

Why does Microsoft want me to hate them by gimping their *other* video game console (psst! I'm talking about the personal computer!)

But whatever. My affair with Skyrim ended abruptly after far too much time spent playing, and I haven't felt the want to pick it up since. I think I can wait longer for DLC, and at least I'll know by then if it's really something to make me want to jump into Skyrim again (I have two candidate characters; one working towards master of hand-to-hand, and one already maxed in one-handed weapons).

#42 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (735 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@dekkadekkadekka said:

True, sorry. I meant people who bought the shitty version, not the holy-crap-shitty version.

I don't think the Xbox 360 version is that bad but having played the PC version for a long time, with all the mods and HD textures and posh mudcrabs, I don't think I can go back.

#43 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

Boy, oh boy, I do hope it's zombies.

#44 Edited by fisk0 (4285 posts) -

@Davin said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

This. Sucks that the 360 would have a timed exclusive, if that is the case. I understand how money works, though.

Hopefully the DLC will actually be released on PS3 this time around though, the horse armor and DLC houses were noticeably absent from the PS3 version of Oblivion, even last year's supposedly complete 5th Anniversary edition. They only released the more expansion pack-esque Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for PS3. Sure, these kinds of games should be played on PC, and I've mostly bought the PS3 versions for the hell of it, but Bethesda seems to have a long history of shouting "Fuck You" to their PlayStation fans.

#45 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

When did Fallout 3 dlc hit the PS3? Like 6 months later? Looks like I'll be probably waiting a whole long time.

#46 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Those eyes...is he angry at all the memes he's been privy to?

#47 Posted by UnrealDP (1223 posts) -

Operation Anchorage was pretty fun and that was on the old engine. They might have their work cut out for 'em, eh?

#48 Posted by Cogzwell (250 posts) -

Cool! Though I still want to hear something about Fallout 4.... given I'd rather they finish up what the want with Skyrim first.

#49 Posted by Humanity (9589 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Did you play the shitty version of Skyrim? Well congrats, you get DLC first.

The shitty version of Skyrim is the PS3 unless that was just console hate.

#50 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

How much of the game will this DLC break is my question? When I was playing Fallout 3 on PS3, every new bit of DLC seemed to break something in the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.