Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

So, are people still opposed to a multiplayer Elder Scrolls?

• 152 results
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Storms

@SamSharp505 
    And I'm trying to say I'd just like open world GTA like gameplay (With levelling) with a few friends...Like borderlands maybe?

The only thing those games have in common with TES is an open-ish world. I always wondered if people who want multiplayer in TES are thinking of the same image I am, like a fantasy Borderlands or GTA. Because I figure that they must have some other concept in their head, because that would be absolutely awful. It's good to know that's exactly what they're thinking, because then we're sort of on the same page. 

I respect that RPG MMOs don't conform to the type of game you want to play and I think there should be a game out there just for you, that has a massive open world with swords and dragons and co-op. It's unfortunate that the closest things to that are non-fantasy shooters. But TES will never be that game.

@ProfessorEss Funny how no one has any issues with modding the shit out of these games but the thought of the creators adding a feature like multiplayer is absolute blasphemy. Isn't it?

No. 

@SamSharp505:  Edit: Just read through your other posts, seems you're pretty offended :P I don't know much about mods (Barely enough to install my own :/) So I didn't know, sorry.

Not offended, just frustrated at repetition. Yes, you can turn off all mods so everyone is compatible and they can all play together. Like I said, it was done with a mod in Morrowind -- but in the end, people chose customising their own game over the novelty of playing together in a world designed for one main player. I mean, who didn't ever press the ~ key to mess with things a bit?
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By AuthenticM

Zenimax Online has been working on an MMO for a very long time. I wonder what it is...

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Storms
    @AuthenticM: Fallout. That's why they're so keen to stop anybody else from making a Fallout MMO. Fallout makes sense as far as immersion goes -- the world is wacky enough that it doesn't matter if some thirteen year old is jumping up and down screaming "B4LL$!".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.