Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

So the PS3 version may never get the DLC....

• 110 results
    Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Chop

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@Neurotic said:

Man, that's messed up. Making me nervous to start my PS3 copy of Fallout: New Vegas for fear of my PS3 exploding or something.

Believe it or not, in my experience with it (I got it near when it was first released), that particular game works fine on the Playstation 3. I was very pleasantly surprised to have a modern day Fallout game work so well.

You're crazy. That game froze on me over 20 times in my 60 hours with it. Not to mention followers not, uh, following and other fun glitches.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By neurotic

@Chop said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@Neurotic said:

Man, that's messed up. Making me nervous to start my PS3 copy of Fallout: New Vegas for fear of my PS3 exploding or something.

Believe it or not, in my experience with it (I got it near when it was first released), that particular game works fine on the Playstation 3. I was very pleasantly surprised to have a modern day Fallout game work so well.

You're crazy. That game froze on me over 20 times in my 60 hours with it. Not to mention followers not, uh, following and other fun glitches.

Huh. I was wary when I bought it and many of the Amazon reviews were similarly split between 'No problems' and 'Fucking broken'. They did also say that the DLC was buggy (and I bought Ultimate Edition). We will see, I guess. I haven't really had any problems with Bethesda games in the past. They were all on Xbox though...

VirtualE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By VirtualE

Hmmm... this might explain why I don't have the patch that lets you use attacks on horseback (being that I have a PS3). And yet, I did recieve the update for contextual kill cameras for the Bow and Spells, which, to my knowledge, was supposed to be in that very same patch. As for Dawnguard and possible upcoming expansions, looks like us PS3 users are boned. Would have been nice to have that Werewolf skill tree.

lazerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By lazerbot

Another Skyrim DLC announcement, another day I weep that I purchased the game for PS3. This is such a crock of shit.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By sopachuco13

I am pretty confident that Sony, a least, will try to get this figured out. If they can't get the biggest piece of DLC this year, to work for the biggest game of last year; it is going to look really bad for Sony.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mordukai

@SomeDeliCook said:

I mean, its better than releasing it and breaking people's games and also charging them 20 bucks for it.

They already charged them $60 to break the game. What another $20 will do.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By nightriff

I'm still kinda happy there is no DLC for the PS3 version, Skyrim was a dark hole for me last year and I don't know if I would want to venture down that dark, musty, humid path anytime soon....or ever...maybe

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Morrow

What a shame. I never had any problems with Skyrim on my PS3, not even the infamous savegame bug. My savegame was getting bigger, yes, but it hardly ever crashed on me.

sam1am7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sam1am7000

@Hailinel said:

@Napalm said:

@Hailinel said:

It continues to boggle my mind as to how Bethesda could fuck up the PS3 version of Skyrim so badly. I'd have thought that they would have gotten their shit together after their troubles with Fallout 3.

I think it was a situation akin to, "we have it working in this way for this system, hardware and specifications, but are finding it difficult to transfer/convert the game to this other hardware set."

Also, I'm just going to say it: the PlayStation 3 version has been nearly bogged even before launch. Who on earth would purchase it for the PlayStation 3 when it is barely in a running state? Even if that's the only system one has?

I would, apparently. But I've learned my lesson.

I have played nearly 50 hours of that game (story still unfinished :P) and the most I've had to face is a few lock ups (not more that 4 or 5 I guess), so I'm not sure why it's considered barely playable on a PS3. I've had a similar experience with New Vegas. Maybe I'm just lucky. But if Bethesda released another game on the PS3, I would buy it.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By jasonefmonk

The PS3 version is fine. Maybe the DLC makes the memory issues worse, but the core game is very playable. I've put 350 hours in to it. Everyone that can should get this game on a PC however. There are many known bugs that span all platforms that are fixed by the community on the PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.