The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 1.5 Patch is Live on Xbox 360

#1 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#2 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

Thanks Claude.

#3 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

I downloaded the patch for PS3. Played for about 30 minutes, then the game froze as soon as I tried to go underwater.

#4 Posted by SlashDance (1805 posts) -

Suplexes for everybody ! Wooooo !

#5 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

I downloaded the patch for PS3. Played for about 30 minutes, then the game froze as soon as I tried to go underwater.

Oh no, that's not good. Surely they didn't break it again with a patch. From what I've read it seemed the 1.4 patch actually helped the PS3.
#6 Posted by SlashDance (1805 posts) -

@Claude: It kinda broke everything on PC for a lot of people.

#7 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

@Claude:Fuckin finally! Thanks dude I have been waiting weeks for this.Can't believe it took this long.

#8 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Agent47: No problem, I've been waiting for this patch to start a new character.
#9 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

Underwater freezes for me too. Balls.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Was about to start playing again tomorrow, this should be fun.

Unless, ofcourse, it horribly breaks the game.
I'll shelve it for the next year then out of anguish, probably.

#11 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

@Claude said:

@AuthenticM said:

Oh no, that's not good. Surely they didn't break it again with a patch. From what I've read it seemed the 1.4 patch actually helped the PS3.

Aww, my copy for PS3 is arriving tomorrow... Is there a way to play it without patching?

#12 Posted by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

I sold this game earlier this year because I was spending too much time playing it.

Now that they've added suplexes, I'm considering destroying my life all over again.

#13 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10522 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

I was about to comment about how I was afraid that it might re-break the game after that last patch improved the framerate stuff so much (for me at least), but I guess this gives a good hint as to what happened.

EDIT:

@tdk08: You can, but you'll have to play with 1.0 Skyrim on PS3, which has all the problems you read about in the months leading up to now. So far as I know, there's no way to download 1.4 if 1.5 is out. But if you've waited this long, it's probably worth waiting a little longer to see how widespread the problems are with 1.5, and what exactly they are (I mean, Skyrim is the kind of game where even at its best, it's still kind of broken).

#14 Posted by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

@AuthenticM: @DonutFever: @tdk08: @MooseyMcMan: Delete 1.4 and the game install (not your save files) before you patch and it works fine.

#15 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -
@tdk08 said:

@Claude said:

@AuthenticM said:

Aww, my copy for PS3 is arriving tomorrow... Is there a way to play it without patching?

I don't have a PS3, so I'm not sure how their patches work. 

I did find this help from gamefaqs. 

Several people have experienced a game freezing glitch when diving into water after downloading the US patch, myself included. If you have this problem try deleting your game data and the update, and then reinstalling. Do not delete your save file. This should fix the problem.

So, I would say if you're starting fresh you should be good to go with the patch.

Edit...Like Atramentous said.
#16 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

@Claude: If not, I'll just pretend my character is allergic to water!

#17 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@tdk08 said:

@Claude: If not, I'll just pretend my character is allergic to water!

Well, I just hope your game is not allergic to the PS3. Have fun, it's a great game.
#18 Posted by anders87 (2 posts) -

There´s a pretty easy fix to the PS3´s underwater bug. Just delete all your game data, NOT your save data, and just let it reinstall the game and patch when you boot the game. This worked for me at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.