The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim To Use New Engine

• 120 results
#101 Edited by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

In my own experience, graphics engine that're built internally from the ground up tend to lead to mostly glitch free gaming sessions.  I'm probably wrong in several cases of course, but I'm going on personal, limited, knowledge.

Here's to hoping. (Raises pint glass.)

#102 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -
@REDRUN said:
"Best news ever.Can't wait to see the glitches in this one :) "

Pretty much what I was thinking. I am guessing moon walking dogs that shoot bees out of their mouths would not be too much to ask for? 

I hope they do good with this but it will be interesting to see what sort of bugs this game may encounter.
#103 Posted by TsuHai (109 posts) -

I smell epic. 
Oh boy, oh boy. 

#104 Posted by pickassoreborn (525 posts) -

I hope I can steal Sean Bean's horse in this game like I did with Oblivion.

#105 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I'm so excited for this game.  I have high expectations for this game and I am wondering if they could put it possible multiplayer.  With a massive world like Elder Scrolls presents, it could be doable.

#106 Posted by Shirogane (3574 posts) -

Last i heard, the Gamebryo thing went bankrupt, so they can't use the engine, unless they decide to buy Emergent or whatever they're called.
#107 Posted by afrofools (1348 posts) -

Sweet. Bethesda games are some of my most favorites. I hated NV because of the load times, and I shat on it in a review for that very reason. The next games running smoother, loading faster, and looking better is fantastic news, plus new gameplay that they will surprise us with.

#108 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

PLEASE BE IDTECH PLEASE BE IDTECH

#109 Posted by bigskeng (14 posts) -

i'm more excited about Max von Sydow being involved in this than anything else.

#110 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@bigskeng said:
"i'm more excited about Max von Sydow being involved in this than anything else."

Hopefully he won't simply appear in the intro and then die/bugger off.
#111 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

APPROACHING LIKE SHOPPING FRIEND
#112 Posted by ch3burashka (5081 posts) -

Actual game aside, the music/chanting is badASS.

#113 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -

The music alone is just so... Elder Scrolls. Getting goddamn goosebumps. 

Awesome trailer. Just awesome.

#114 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2503 posts) -

I hope this harkens back to the days of Morrowind, even though I played a bunch of Oblivion, I still liked Morrowind better.

#115 Posted by snaptroll (70 posts) -
@Koobz: 

I know, Bethesda STILL can't get it right. It's amazing.
#116 Posted by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -

Thank god. I'm sick of the engine they've been using recently.

#117 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

The real surprise comes when it turns out to be a text based adventure.

#118 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

I reckon the new engine will run on peanut oil or bio-diesel, meh probably some kind of petrol hybrid... broom broom BEEP BEEP

#119 Posted by StriderNo9 (1092 posts) -

Very excited about this, I been in the mood for this type of adventure in this type of world for a long time, but I refused to go back to Oblivion. Glad I did. 

#120 Posted by tufast (2 posts) -

This is all good news to me, new engine is a step forward.  Oblivion was awesome.  I'm looking forward to playing this.  I'm sure the new engine will have some bugs, but what game do you know of that has no bugs?   I was seriously starting to wonder if there was going to be a V for a while there.  

#121 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

I'll jump on board no matter what! I know i'll get excellence and long nights from this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.