The revival of Giant Bomb's Skyrim articles all can help

#1 Posted by Sunesha (96 posts) -

As some noticed I work on the articles concerning Whiterun and nearby things, for example the guilds the companions and the circle. I would love for all that can help me with grammar and spelling correction as my mother language is not English. If you can post in this thread when you done something. Myself are about 1 month until I leave Whiterun and move to a new area.

So if you wanna focus on something there are both locations, concept and characters that needs some love.

Here is the need some love list:

I need some help with spelling and grammar correction on following articles:

Also feel free to share your work on the articles, I am quite fast writer. I will help you, I am good at formating and designs. So if you need help just post here. I hope this will spark interest. After all you all earn some wiki points ;-)

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

My work here is done.

#3 Posted by Sunesha (96 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

My work here is done.

Thanks a lot :)

#4 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

I'm always down for a little wiki editing.

#5 Posted by dbol (92 posts) -

I made the Eorlund Gray-Mane article more inclusive and accurate, removed redundancies and fixed all grammatical errors and spelling errors. Title should be changed from "Eorlund Gray-mane" to "Eorlund Gray-Mane".

None of the changes I made will appear until a few hours because they need to be approved.

#6 Posted by talkingtoast (85 posts) -

Done. Hopefully my work on the Riverwood page will be approved.

#7 Edited by Sunesha (96 posts) -

@dbol said:

I made the Eorlund Gray-Mane article more inclusive and accurate, removed redundancies and fixed all grammatical errors and spelling errors. Title should be changed from "Eorlund Gray-mane" to "Eorlund Gray-Mane".

None of the changes I made will appear until a few hours because they need to be approved.

Sweet...

You are right about the title, I will request a change.

@talkingtoast said:

Done. Hopefully my work on the Riverwood page will be approved.

Good work. Will look closer into to it later. Cheers..

Edit:

Everyone can help a lot by just providing images to the articles. There is points to earn for the points whores ;-) Many of the capitols have bad or none image attached to their article.

I will dig around see if we have more articles that are either small or have none information.

Cheers,

Daniel

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

I went through an article last time you posted and made it flow better and corrected the grammar, and only got one point :(

I'll give some a look though.

#9 Posted by Sunesha (96 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I went through an article last time you posted and made it flow better and corrected the grammar, and only got one point :(

I'll give some a look though.

Bastards ;-) It is a lot concentration and time to proof articles as well as writing them. I think point system is primitive, it count words or something similar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.